1. Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion HTML5

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marindor, Jun 18, 2018.

1. GrafKoks2

GrafKoks2 Well-Known Member

Just keep HTML5 going and put up with the bugs!!;)

2. Midnightsidhe

Midnightsidhe Well-Known Member

This sounds exactly like what was happening to me, apart from not being able to get back in at all.

Electra Firestorm likes this.
  3. Electra Firestorm

Electra Firestorm Well-Known Member

Thank you for your post. I know I'm not the only one having problems with HTML5 but Support thinks I am the only one because they have not received any complaints about HTML5.

4. Electra Firestorm

@Lushette Please send your post to Support. That seems to be the only way to let the game devs know the problems we are having with HTML5. More Elvenar players have to report their problems to them then the game devs will investigate further. So I was told.

Since I deactivated HTML5, I do not receive anymore "Out of Memory" messages. I'm starting to think my computer tech knows what he's talking about when he said this new flash player, HTML5, is being rolled out before it's ready. He advised me against activating it.

5. Dony

Dony King of Bugs

2 more examples of bad readibility
    16000 K Place is hard to see at all
    exp.JPG
    especially "ese" on big screen looks like distorted (due to font used)
    ws.JPG

Electra Firestorm and Ritsel like this.
  6. Richord

Richord Well-Known Member

Don't introduce stuff like HTML5 unless it's working minimal as good as the old stuff.
    it's slow, I don't like it.

7. Loki Blue

Loki Blue Well-Known Member

It's elective, you don't have to use it. Plus, this is Beta, where these things are supposed to be tested. If it's not working to your liking, you can switch back to Flash.

8. Richord

Richord Well-Known Member

wow, good idea..
    sorry, too sarcastic :)?
    my point; yes this is beta, but after 1 day they could remove html5 altogether and keep working on it offline while fixing bugs for us. Then, we they are closer to have a good one, try again. It seems like they put too much time in it atm. And from what I heard from nerds and geeks, setup is far from logical (I trust them, looking at the amount of bugs and fails here)

9. Loki Blue

Yes, because I wasn't being sarcastic to you. o_O

If you don't like the way HTML5 functions for you, you can switch back to Flash, and leave the development team to do their thing. They're not going to know what needs to be fixed without the input of players who are using it. Flash will be out of use in the not-too-distant future, and it would be asinine for the developers to wait until then to work on it. ;)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Golden Awaken likes this.
  10. Electra Firestorm

Why can't the game devs assign a team to test HTML5 on their own computers, instead of asking us to test this program on our computers? Test it on computers and laptops that run Windows 10. See if the game crashes for them because HTML5 uses up so much memory. Since I switched back to Adobe Flash player, I do not see anymore "Out of Memory" messages popping up. I'm starting to wonder if receiving those messages constantly was doing any harm to my computer. There must be other programs that will replace Flash. HTML5 can't be the only one.

Richord likes this.
  11. Karvest

Karvest Well-Known Member

haven't seen out of memory errors in html5 here...

Loki Blue likes this.
  12. Dony

Dony King of Bugs

How much RAM do you have?

13. edeba

edeba Well-Known Member

Sounds like mine, unable to load at times. I won't get the 6th level for this tourney, and the problem prevented me from getting the 6th level last week.

If there wasn't the benefit of foresight into the game, I would probably quit beta. Not being able to get in is really frustrating.

14. Loki Blue

HTML5 is a coding language, not a program, and is the new standard. Perhaps some of this information may help illustrate what is going on and why.

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_intro.asp
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Guide/HTML/HTML5
    https://www.techradar.com/news/internet/web/html5-what-is-it-1047393
    https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2018/03/from-flash-html-css-javascript/
    https://www.chetu.com/blogs/technical-perspectives/html5-vs-flash.php
    https://techcrunch.com/2017/07/25/get-ready-to-say-goodbye-to-flash-in-2020/

As I've said already,

Players do things in-game that developers don't always think of, so again, they need us to tell them what's working and what isn't. Players use a vast number of makes & models of machines of varying ages, with a wide range of operating systems, many with optional upgrades that other people may not have, with a variety of browsers with a variety of extensions. The developers have no better testing group than the players.

I also googled "out of memory errors with HTML5", and this was one of the three videos that came up in the results.

15. Karvest

Karvest Well-Known Member

Not a coding, but markup language. Even Flash version use a lot of HTML5 staff to work (like websockets for chat and notifications).

16. Loki Blue

Forgive me for misspeaking. :eek: At any rate, the information on those pages is still accurate. :p

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  17. Elrondriel

Elrondriel Well-Known Member

I'm using HTML5 on FF now, and my biggest previous concern has been resolved: City graphics and animations appear to be as good as in Flash. This was not the case some time ago when I first checked with Opera.

There seem to be only two obvious downsides:
    1) slightly higher (but not critical) CPU usage than on Flash - this is some surprise to me ...
    2) as it has already been stated by others, some fonts are really bad and blurred - I don't understand why this is not resolved easily ...

One more point ... I need to figure out how to get into some of the game files now - could Inno issue some tutorial ? :D

18. Electra Firestorm

Installed RAM: 8.00 GB and a TB of HD space.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  19. edeba

edeba Well-Known Member

Ugh! Thanks for the heads up on this... I guess I'm not teaching web basics anymore because it looks like the web basics I knew won't be working anymore...

Loki Blue likes this.
  20. Jasper

Jasper Well-Known Member

My concern is more about the bigger memory usage by the HTML5 version. I even suspect there is some kind of memory leak because over time the memory usage increases, especially when doing NH rounds. At work I only have 8GB and can run only one account no matter which browser I use. At home I have 16GB and can run several accounts at once but even there it get sluggish when using several HTML5 sessions.