• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug HTML5+Firefox: shortcuts don't work

palmira

Game version: v1.64-(ad0fba0a2)-(master) (2018-09-19 11:08)
HTML5 Yes:Firefox
Game world: Beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Firefox Quantum 62.0
Flash Player version:
Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise
Screen resolution:
Account name: palmira
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Current situation: When trying to use shortcuts, the Firefox search window pops in

Expected situation: Shortcuts working

Reproduction Steps: Get into the game in said browser and try to use a shortcut

palmira

I tried to use the ones to charge the factories and workshops, nothing worked, so I tested the ones for the trader and fellowship. W didn't work either

DeletedUser1986

I'm really puzzled by this. I run the same browser, same version, HMTL5 is on and my shortcuts work just fine. I tried on Win 10 and Win 7 Pro. Anything else I'm missing here?

maxiqbert

still the same

maybe you have a not quite usual configuration?
my firefox is "out of the box" = no special changes, no developper's kit, no extensions, etc

edit : mine is firefox quantum

DeletedUser1986

Guys, can I ask what keyboard layout are you using? I don't think this bug is about browser version as we could not repro it in the same or later versions (62.0.3) with 3 different OS.

maxiqbert

french, but it doesn't seem to be linked to this, since I had a fellw test it and it worked fine, with the same french layout

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
french, but it doesn't seem to be linked to this, since I had a fellw test it and it worked fine, with the same french layout
Could it be that your keyboard settings in firefox were set to wrong language? windows can chance keyboard setting differently on each program.
I also use french keyboard and it all works fine. it could explain the numbers and w not working but impuzzled about the T, since thats on the same location for all keyboard settings i think :) Or maybe your trader is/was in upgrade? then it doesnt work for anyone.

DeletedUser1986

Could you try if the shortcuts work in any other browser? Trying to figure out if it's specifically related to Firefox or it's a coincidence.

DeletedUser1986

Can you check if the following box is ticked in your Firefox settings:
Menu -> Options -> Browsing -> "Search for text when you start typing"

If I have mine set to on, the exact same thing happens to me, so hoping this would solve the issue.