• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce [HTML5] Done Move button has to fat border

DeletedUser

Game version: v1.77-(409da13) (2019-04-04 22:12)
HTML5: Yes
Game world: zz1
Browser + version: Chrome Version 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Operating System: W7 x64 Enterprise
Screen resolution: 1920x1200
Account name: Lady Ivy
Humans or Elves:
Humans

Reproducibility: 5/5

Current situation: The [Done] button (after you move a building) has an incorrect image in HTML5, left part has a to thick top border, right part seems fine:
Edit: It appears that the right part is the wrong part of the button, there also should be a thicker green top border on that part:
1.PNG

when you hover over the button you see left top border disappear
2.PNG

Expected situation: good button border / mouse over behavior

Reproduction Steps:
  1. Maximize browser window or have browser window wider then ~1850 pixels.
  2. Click Move building button
  3. Observer [Done] button
  4. Hover over [Done] button
  5. Observer border

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2690

I have followed the steps listed, but can not reproduce the problem. My "Done" button appears as it should.

Done button.JPG

DeletedUser

I have followed the steps listed, but can not reproduce the problem. My "Done" button appears as it should.
Do you have Chrome maximized (+ HTML5 enabled) and same resolution, 1920x1200 ? :eek:

It seems it depends on the width of the browser window, anything wider then ~1850 pixels and you get the wrong button image:

Good:
upload_2019-4-6_23-27-28.png

Wrong, window just a few pixels wider:
upload_2019-4-6_23-28-19.png

DeletedUser2690

It is actually 1920 x 1080. My monitor does not go larger than that. I do have HTML5 on and the screen at normal size. I will try again at enlarged size.

DeletedUser2690

I have Windows 10, same version of Google + HTML5 on. My screen resolution is 1920x1080. I tried this with Chrome set at 150% zoom. Still, button is okay. I then left the zoom on and rolled the mouse up to enlarge the city more. I again tried moving a building and the button appeared correct.
Done button @ 150% zoom.JPG

DeletedUser

OK, I tried zoom also, at 90% or 110% the button is fine only at 100% is appears wrong for me. o_O

Have seen other graphics glitches in the past with my resolution of 1920x1200. :cool:
Guess we have to wait until someone else with such a monitor can test. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser2690

I have been told to archive as cannot reproduce. Could it be some of the things you're seeing have to do with your operating system?

DeletedUser

...Could it be some of the things you're seeing have to do with your operating system?
That's for you to test. o_O Why else do we need to rapport version, resolution, OS, etc ??? :confused: It's up to you guys to try to reproduce the bug based on what is reported, not on something different like W10. :eek:

Karvest

More like that it is interfering with your browser's theme or some installed addon, which causes game canvas to have nonstandard dimensions and may cause incorrect button borders calculation.

DeletedUser

More like that it is interfering with your browser's theme or some installed addon, which causes game canvas to have nonstandard dimensions and may cause incorrect button borders calculation.
I use --user-data-dir as startup option for Chrome with that account, so there are no extensions or anything else, it's a clean Chrome. I'm only using it for Elvenar so I can run more accounts at the same time.

DeletedUser2690

That's for you to test. o_O Why else do we need to rapport version, resolution, OS, etc ??? :confused: It's up to you guys to try to reproduce the bug based on what is reported, not on something different like W10. :eek:

I'm sorry, we can not always duplicate a specific operating system. There are some that Inno does not support. I have been able to duplicate others you have posted using my system. For whatever reason, this one I can not.

DeletedUser

then why the game border on your screenshots look different?
You mean the browser border ? That because I use a dark theme in Windows. I have the same theme on my laptop, only difference is 1920x1080 resolution and there the button looks fine also. It's only on my main PC with 2 monitors at 1920x1200 resolution that the button is wrong. Wish I could figure out why. :(

Karvest

I have dark theme too, but browser border is only 1px here, while your screenshot have much more decorations at the edge...