• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other How to increase Beta forum participation

SoggyShorts

@Scoobydoo asked me how we can increase the traffic around here and I've had a few ideas, but more would help.

1. Announce in game an "Idea of the week" with a link that takes players directly to an idea on the forums.
  2. Offer small rewards for ideas that gain a certain number of votes
  3. Give a small reward for having your idea chosen as the "idea of the week"
  4. "Tweak of the week" for the best add-on to someone else's idea
  5. Set forum goals where if x number of players participate in a discussion or vote in a poll then the server gets 24h of that triple production boost or the triple speed boost one.
Use the playerbase to nominate the above stuff if it's not something the mods are comfortable doing themselves (but I think the mods should so it's not a popularity contest)

The next couple might be harder since they can't be done without developer involvement:
  • Ask Beta players what they think about unreleased developer ideas such as new recipes you are thinking of adding (feedback is good, but input feels even better)
  • Get us some quotes from the developers for feedback on our ideas. The developers never directly engage the other forums (as far as I know) and the occasional direct word from on high would go a long way towards making these forums special.

That's all I got for now, this is an open idea though, so I'll keep adding to the above list with suggestions from below.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I have the best idea, but I'll probably get banned from scooby for saying it.

DeletedUser2817

Sort of along the lines of Soggy's ideas, what about a topic of the week? Since we are beta players we enjoy experimenting with things. Different topics could be accessible to players of different difficulties.

For example, topics could include:
--Show your coolest scrolls battle video and discuss your effective (or disastrous) tactics
--Demonstrate the most efficient way to arrange dwarven chapter guest race buildings (either in a city or with an ElvenArchitect demonstration for people who are past that or not there yet
--Discussions like ... what buildings are indispensable to you? Which building did you really want but turned out to be disappointing?

This could provoke a lot of interesting discussions and also give the developers some insight onto what we as players are thinking and why we do the crazy stuff we do.

DeletedUser2003

It's not really an "idea" in the creative sense, but it's along the lines of Soggy's idea to
Get us some quotes from the developers for feedback on our ideas.
I think that players just got burnt out from feeling like no matter what they said, they weren't really even heard, and their words fell on deaf ears (sounds better than "fell on blind eyes", but you know what I mean :p). Players want more than the occasional feedback our dear middleman Marindor delivers quickly then I'm sure runs away even more quickly, dreading the responses. Get us results to the things that peeps have complained about since forever like the FA, the trader, the antequated messaging system ... there are so many things ... and "years" is too long for people to wait for input from Those On High. So they left.. :oops:

DeletedUser

Another really good idea - delete every beta account that doesn't post on the beta forum.

DeletedUser

or instead of an announcement, have beta by invite only now - choosing people who have different play styles, in fellowships, not in fellowships, have all the phoenix buildings, new players, upgrades their wonders, have a sun and a moon.

DeletedUser2817

*Quote of previous forum post deleted*

That is inappropriate and uncalled for, and I would imagine against forum rules. I have never said a cross word to you. I'm going to ask a mod to delete it, since I don't think personal attacks are appropriate.

I'd also add that if that is the tenor of dialogue on the forum, it is not surprising that people don't choose to participate.

Edit: Since the original post was deleted, I have edited this post to delete the quote of it. I don't see any reason to leave negativity up, especially when it's directed at me!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

So, I'm going with Beta by invite only. That way people with alts cannot push their own agendas. Pick people who support the game as they generally have a vested interest in the game doing well and stays fun. in Wow you have to have an active account to test beta. (14.99 a month) to play on beta.

DeletedUser

Today logging into my live accounts - I was bombarded with messages to join Beta. I think it was great they actually added a message but this certainly isn't something I want to login and see once a week - I'm already on beta.

One of the best games in the world is by invite. Inno can try all of the methods and see if the newest people who joined today will participate on the forums. But maybe quality is better than quantity. idk but by invite is my vote. It's a privilege to be able to test new things to see how great they are or maybe how bad things are.

SoggyShorts

It's not even remotely the same.
Beta on wow plays entirely new expansions for 3 months before they go live and they get wiped at launch as in erased gone forever start from scratch.
Don't get me wrong, I think these forums might have been better off big they had restricted membership sometime around April...

Golden Awaken

Greetings everyone ;)
The Fact that this forum is only written in English puts the brakes on a lot of international players that don't speak/read/write fluently this language. I don't know if this kind of tool exist, but wouldn't it be great to implement a 'Back & Forth' translator ? That way, anybody could post and give you feedback on anything related to this game ;)
Have a nice day, Sincerely yours, GA

Deleted User - 86059

A lovely idea @Golden Awaken but I don't have the time to be running around translating every other post. You have to remember that we are volunteers to and as @Karvest says there is google translate. (as wonderful and brilliant as I am) It might surprise you to know that I do not speak and translate myself. I actually use translate too.
Shhh but that is a secret so don't tell anybody because everyone (I think) believes I am multi lingual ;)

Golden Awaken

Well allow me to rephrase it properly ;) Anybody could write on this forum in his own language and then something attached/implemented to the forum (a back and forth translator or something else) would do the thing for you @Scoobydoo
To go along with @Karvest, you could use any transalor.
Look at ElvenArchitect for instance, you're able to read it in 3 different languages, but it's just a thought ;)
Kind Regards

Last edited: