• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

How to handle loud-mouthed and aggressive players - use the 'Ignore' button

Jackluyt

Most of the contributors to the Forum are polite and have good manners; it is sad that a few loud-mouth know-it-alls spoil the experience for many of us - to the extent that some players have stopped coming here for that reason.
Did you know that there is an 'Ignore' button that appears when you click on a player's name? I have 'ignored' several people who have a habit of posting nasty comments and nit-picky personal attacks - and have to report that my forum visits are now a lot more pleasant.
:) :)

Last edited:

Alcaro

I just did that in En forum for the first time in my 5 years of playing. Indeed, it's a more pleasant experience after that.

Lelanya

I have a few folks on my 'Ignore' list, mainly on the US Forum, the odd one here. In fact I'm very pubic when I do it, so most folks that are reading the Forum are aware of the situation. I ignore irritating know-it-alls and argumentative types, and yes my Forum experience is much better. Thanks Jack, for mentioning it.

Enevhar Aldarion

Almost everyone I have ever thought about putting on Ignore, or actually doing so, has eventually quit the forums anyway, because they are generally just troublemaking trolls who leave when the fun from annoying people ends.