• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

How to fight?

DeletedUser580

Hey guys I have a small problem. I dont understand how the following works. Maybe some of you can explain to me. :)

You can see the picture. What does Attack Bonus and the Defence Bonus mean?

+60% Attack vs. Sword Dancer right?

but what does -30% Defense Bonus mean? Will the knight get 30% MORE OR LESS Dmg from my Sword Dancers? I dont get it. :)

DeletedUser

The Elvenar Wiki (https://beta.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Battle#Units_Overview):
Attack Bonus: Here you will see which classes this Unit has an Attack Bonus against. If this (Unit type) attacks a Unit of a (shown class), the attack damage will be increased by (the shown percentage).
Defense Bonus: This will show you against which classes this unit has a Defense Bonus. If this unit is attacked by a unit of the (shown class), the received damage will be reduced by (the shown percentage.)

For further battle information see http://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/encounters-guide.488/
Phantom did a great job over there:rolleyes:

DeletedUser580

Ahh thank you. That is helpful. ^^

In general I can say ... the sword dancer and the archers make the same dmg to the knight but the archers are getting killed faster. Depending on the terrain, the knight can always hit the archers due to his range. Am I right? :/

DeletedUser

No, they do not make the same damage to the knight:
1. they have different damage points
2. The knight defense bonus reduces the damage of the sword dancer by 30%
And yes, the archers are killed faster than the Sword Danvcers, but only because they have less hit points. But the knights can do 60% more damage on Sword Dancers when they attack the Sword Dancers.
Depending on the terrain, the knight can always hit the archers due to his range
sorrry, but this is not realy clear? Knights range=2, Archers range=4

DeletedUser119

Depending on the terrain, the knight can always hit the archers due to his range. Am I right? :/
If you have big enough obstacle between you and knights, you might be able to avoid damage until the next round.

For exemple here :

my archers can hit the knight, but he won't be able to attack them right away

DeletedUser580

On open fields you keep 4 cells away and shoot. Next turn the knight will go 2 cells and can hit 2 cells far .... so he will get you anyway

DeletedUser119

Yes without obstacles knights will always be able to hit you if you hit him before.
That's why you have to make good use of the obstacles on the field ;)

DeletedUser58

The Knight has a movement of 2, but also an attack range of 2. This means in a single turn he can attack any unit that's 4 hexes away, unless his path is blocked.

Keep in mind that an attack range of 2 means he can hit you from 2 squares away --- if your archers are behind obstacles, place them at least 1 hex away from the obstacle (like in Liathary's screenshot). If you place your archers immediately behind the obstacle, the Knight can still attack them (because he has an attack range of 2).

DeletedUser

Ihe sword dancer and the archers make the same dmg to the knight but the archers are getting killed faster. Depending on the terrain, the knight can always hit the archers due to his range. Am I right? :/

Until ThePhantom links you to his awesome guide, I advise you too always use at least 1 Swordancer squad to use as fodder against Knights.

Sworddancers take 1 hit, a few of them die --->
Swordancers hit the Knight, they do quite a lot of damage --->
The other 4 Archer squads hit the Knight without having to worry about being hit by him --->
repeat as many times as necessary :]