• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered How many faculties?

DeletedUser

Hello,
A question for my city on the Dutch site. I've read the discussion about the number of faculties you will need, but I didn't find a consensus about it. I understand that with campus lvl 4 you can place 4 faculties of each type. I also had the quest requiring a minimum of 2.
My question is do you really need 4 each, or will 3 do just fine?

PS: I heard a rumor that the quests asks for 4 (the maximum), is that really true?????

Last edited by a moderator:

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
[JOKE]you at least 15 faculties![/JOKE]

No really there is no obligated amount of faculties, you could do with 1 of each or 4 of each, it all depends on how fast you wanna go. (nothing keeps you from trashing 1 after the quest asked you to have 2)

1 thing is clear tho, you will need at least of each faculty type (not neccesarily at the same time but thats easier) to be able to get through the tree

DeletedUser

[JOKE]you at least 15 faculties![/JOKE]

:eek::eek::D

No really there is no obligated amount of faculties, you could do with 1 of each or 4 of each, it all depends on how fast you wanna go. (nothing keeps you from trashing 1 after the quest asked you to have 2)

1 thing is clear tho, you will need at least of each faculty type (not neccesarily at the same time but thats easier) to be able to get through the tree

Well I already have 3 of each, and I don't mind going al little slower this time ;) But I do wonder about that rumor that a quests asks for 4 each :oops:

DeletedUser724

If Inno do not change tournment, you need 4 of each faulty

After tournment change, the kp from tournment is greatly reduced
I have 3 of each faculty, campus and faculty are all at level 4
now, I have stop faculty production as I am lower in apprentics

only wisdom square is still producing apprentics
even I transform all apprentics, after that, I cannot produce those element as it also reach 750 (max value )

my problem is "I do not get sufficient kp to feed tech-tree"

If they do not have sufficient kp
I think 2 of each faculty is enough
u can free more space for other buildings......

Lissona

3 of each type is one quest I just had. Don't know if there is one with 4 of each type.

How many you need for yourself depends on how fast you want to go through the research tree. Two different ones is enough if you want to do it in several months. But you need at least one of each type for the other quests to produce the requested "goods". I have eleven now (4/4/3) with portal four, and I can go through the research tree in an really acceptable speed (I still have to wait for resources - including mana at some point - and spend my KP in wonders, but waiting does not take too much time).

SoggyShorts

@conqueror9 I'm sorry, but I don't understand your reasoning. Number of faculties and tournaments are not related at all
Because many players got a significant portion of their weekly KP from the old tournaments, they moved through the tech tree faster, therefore needing guest race goods faster in order to not get tech locked. In the new tournaments you get far fewer KP, so less guest race producers is doable.

Sir Squirrel

Ritsel, I think Conqueror9 means that he is tec locked because of getting less KP's from tourneys then we were before, so he is maxed in his "guest race goods" because he can only hold so many before he is at the max he can store. And I think Lissona is in wood elves not S&D chapter.
LOL sniped by Soggy, glad to have you back bud!

DeletedUser724

yes, much less kp from the new tournament
now I have 750 acrane alchemist 750 alchemy necromacer 750 arcane necromacer
only 29 apprentics

I have to set faculty idle
when i have more apprentics,, i can only produce alchemists, acraneoglists, necromancers

In past
we can do kp exchange, feeding tech tree at suitable speed
<in past tournment, we may get additional 20-50 kp daily or even more from tournament >

nowaday with new tournment
those kp usage is very tight as new tournament ( we may only get 0 - 20 kp from tournament >

Tournament does affect "progress of tech tree"
if your tech tree is slow down, you do not demand acrane alchemist , alchemy necromacer , arcane necromacer asap
then you do not need a lot of faculty

less faculty means you can have room to place "important building"

Ritsel
I do not know how you play
I just express my situation
I rely on "kp from tournament" to feed my tech-tree, all excess kp from tournament, I inject then into tech tree
Because of tournament,I put some kp into AW that related with battles
<e.g Needle to try recruit faster, i need to do more upgrade to match the soldier fall-rate in tournament >
because tournament is now, a major part of this game.....

If i have room, I rather to place Dragon Abbey, Flying Academy and " new building that give free strategist in current event if i can get it " than
placing excess faculty in the city

DeletedUser

In my Dutch city I've decided to play at a leisurely pace for the Dragons chapter. I've used to play at a steady pace, but I always ended up with waiting 2-3 months for the next chapter. And that's boring. :(:(:(:(

So my question about the faculties is not about rushing through the tech tree, but more concerning mandatory quests asking for a minimum of faculties each.

DeletedUser283

I had to settle for 2 of each faculty because of lack of space;
and no, I am not deleting anything to make room;
I am currently at a stop because I cannot upgrade my campus to lvl4 (my faculties are all lvl4), thus the production of faculties is a bit low, but anyhow I do not get enough apprentices fom the square to keep them running 24/7;
I need one more expansion that I will get from provinces at a later time so that I can move a scrolls manufactory and make room to upgrade the portal to lvl4, but I do not need the capacity so far, and I am not in a hurry :)

by the way, reading the messages in this thread, I start to think that the devs made a small error when sizing the production of the wisdom square : you need more faculties at lvl 4 to get more apprentices, but more faculties will use more apprentices, so you can never win there :p

Deleted User - 60107

You will need a level 4 Campus once you get to researching the Manufactories. If you are not close to that part of the research you don't need to rush.

I'm not sure, but I think this is the first time we actually need the portal at level 4 before we get to the AW research.