• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

How many encounters can you 'fight' per day?

DeletedUser

As units I've so far Axe Barbarian II, Cerberus and Crossbowman, my 'discovered' map size is about 39 neighbors (with 3 randomly active neighbors), barracks stay at level 7 (47:46 min for 34 units) which are about 800 military units per day.

Squad size is 60, so per battle enter 300 units in the fight.

Encounters to discover/fight are pretty far away so 'defending armies' there are 'brave' (and heavy).

Per battle I'm loosing about 150 - 250 units, that means I can 'fight' about 3 - 5 encounters per day, which is about one won 'province' every 2 days (so together with 'buying' encounters, I get ~ 1 relics province per day).

Next in the research will be 'Paladins' and another 'squad size upgrade', but as also encounters to discover/fight will get more far away, one can say 'easy come easy go' ...

What's about you - how many encounters can you 'fight' per day?

DeletedUser

My squad size is 72 and I typically lose perhaps 140 units on average per battle. I only produce units around 4 times per day during the week, so 400 troops. Probably double that on weekends. It's rare that i fight every day. I usually wait for a weekend when I have more time and then clear as many provinces as I can before I run out of men.
Later battles do become very hard .. I've got a few provinces with multiple mortar units in them that I'm expecting to wipe out 3-4 of my units per battle so I've been putting them off. I'm down to around 1200 troops right now, it was more than double that on Saturday morning but I have cleared a couple of provinces since then.

DeletedUser236

I saved up my troops for a week, so I had 6k sword dancers II (upgraded them once I hit the 6k).. I went full battle mode yesterday and fought around 25 battles.. I had 3.4k sword dancers II left and managed to build 500 of them again since then.. In the fight I only lost around 150 archers, so still got plenty of those left but they aren't strong enough to go without sword dancers II..

Not sure if from now on I'll fight encounters daily or keep them for the weekends since I just researched Ents and I wanna build up a nice little stack of them before using them.. So that means no production of other troops o_O Gotta think this over :D

DeletedUser

Don't go crazy on building Ents. You only get 5-6 per unit (depending on unit size upgrades) and they are so slow that you probably won't want more than 1 unit in a battle. They do have good HP's though so you don't lose too many.

DeletedUser283

I am not worried about fighting :)
with only sword dancers and archers so far I manage to clean 1 province a day (ok, I just begun on Thursday night ;) )
what is more worrying now is the cost of scouting as well as the cost for research, because each encounter won brings you 1 KP;
I am progressing through the tech tree at a fairly reasonable pace (reached the advanced residences, should be complete by tomorrow)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118

I have 33 neighbors so far with around 10-12 being active.

My barracks are at Level 4 and I have a squad size of 72. During fights I loose around 80-100 men, which depends on the enemy and territory.

With 3 to 4 fights a day its the same amount of encounters I clean. I think that number is quite fine as I like battling but don't see it as my main task in this game.

DeletedUser95

I have 41 discover neighbors , I stopped fighting in provinces due to lack of goods to unlock on tech tree
out of 23 pages of trade 90% got planks and scrolls to trade with it,, im one of them :)
in my neighborhood stone and crystals are super needed ,
I only fight if got quest asking for getin relics or conquer province, I try to use all my knowledge points without waist thing them
im at 47 in ranking , think my place is fair advance , didynt bought any diamonds at this point , my tech tree area at advance crystal/silk/scroll factory, will start fight if I get goods to unlock more technologies .

DeletedUser650

As units I've so far Axe Barbarian II, Cerberus and Crossbowman, my 'discovered' map size is about 39 neighbors (with 3 randomly active neighbors), barracks stay at level 7 (47:46 min for 34 units) which are about 800 military units per day.

Squad size is 60, so per battle enter 300 units in the fight.

Encounters to discover/fight are pretty far away so 'defending armies' there are 'brave' (and heavy).

Per battle I'm loosing about 150 - 250 units, that means I can 'fight' about 3 - 5 encounters per day, which is about one won 'province' every 2 days (so together with 'buying' encounters, I get ~ 1 relics province per day).

Next in the research will be 'Paladins' and another 'squad size upgrade', but as also encounters to discover/fight will get more far away, one can say 'easy come easy go' ...

What's about you - how many encounters can you 'fight' per day?

DeletedUser650

i
I'm recently joined and have a squad size of 36 but already coming up against enemies of greater strength so find myself having to constantly produce from the barracks. I feel that I'm able to scout and fight before I have the capability to conquer, although troop production is easy. By the same token, researching new troops seems to be further along the tech tree than the need to expand on the map which I find makes completing the " gain relics " quests more difficult. Is this as well balanced as it could be?

DeletedUser

I got 72 squad size, Paladins and Barbarian II researched, and I'm currently fighting those provinces in my 5th circle. I usually lose 1 to 3 squads per fight; it obviously depends on the type and squad number of enemies. But I have already fought a couple of provinces in my 6th circle (did it in order to get to an active, good trader, neighbor), and the difficulty level ramps up pretty fast. I even tried fighting sectors in a province in my 7th circle (these are the first ones that ask you for tier 3 good as negotiation costs): I won the 4 easiest sectors with more-than-usual severe casualties, and then my troops got wiped out so I stopped trying. I guess I will be negotiating the hardest sectos, because I don't think 1 more squad size upgrade will be a huge step up towards conquering those far away provinces.

DeletedUser118

Luckily for us there's another squad size upgrade right after the tier 3 goods show up. :cool:

DeletedUser205

Squad size 84 for sworddancers II and archers II, 7 for Ents and 14 for Golems.
Discovered neighbors 42.
Workshops: 8 level 6 and 4 level 5 (upgrade to level 6 is planned for today)

Because I love that fightingsystem, I do it with the background to learn as much as possible about the does and don'ts.
Per day I try to practise with ONE province (better with some encounters in one province) and the corresponding enemies with their special needs to get them 6 feet under.
That means experimenting with different tactics in line-up my troops and technics of blocking etc. (very often white flag and try better again, which raises the loss in that moment, but helps to better understanding the best ways to fight).

In "normal" fights (without experimenting = I'm experienced with that kind of enemies in that level) my losses are not high, often I have none or only 10-20 (ok, 5 golems are more loss than 5 sworddancers ..., I know that ;-) ). Higher losses - if existing - are mostly sworddancers, which I than use as target for the enemies to move in that direction.
I can't remember my last really lost fight and it was only 1 in the whole game since I started.

I constantly train troops, have enough on days where I urgently need the next Province Expansion and fight my soul out of my body to get it ^^
Till now in RL I'm employed and that is the reason, why those heavy-fighting-days are seldom - I don't have enough time to clobber my sweet little enemies.

DeletedUser326

Usually 2-3 Encounters a day. Depends on my activity to Train troops. The 4th and 5th ring Needs sufficiant troops for now - but since i got Barbarians upgrade ist my no 1. troop type. Archers are nearly useless maybe they come back after upgrading but enemies hit much to hard to use them right now.
Think i will Need to build 2 more armories due to end of my vacation today to Train enough while being absent 11 hours a day working and sleeping 6 hours ;)