• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

How is your research going?

DeletedUser

I ask as it looks like a lot of people are far ahead of me judging by the combat units thread.

I'll be starting on Advanced Main Hall tomorrow morning, so am still a long way off my 3rd combat unit. I seem to have hit a bit of a slowdown in that I'm struggling to beat encounters without heavy losses so don't get much research that way and am put off buying books with money as the cost seems to be rising quickly.

What have others done? Have you spent money on the research, gone expansion mad with lots of troops, or some other strategy?

DeletedUser

I'm currently researching axe barbarian promotion, and after that it will be the silk factories. Gaining knowledge points can be hard sometimes cause encounters are often hard to beat. What i did alot was scouting one new area, this causes all the others you haven't finished to reset, and most of them will have 1 encounter you can negotiate your way out of with just coins and supplies. That way i always got about 5/6 knowledge points. Using your boosted good to trade with others is also a good way to get knowledge points, cause you can negotiate again using the traded goods. it's expensive sometimes, but recruiting your troops takes alot of time and really slows down your progress.

DeletedUser126

Im doing Superior Residential Buildings now, i have all expansions possible right now, and spent lots on extra knowledge points :p In exploration i do 200k-320k areas now. 320k is Tier 3 did not touch those yet.

I only do the easy fights after each zone research to minimize cost/losses :)

DeletedUser236

I just researched advanced workshop, haven't done the manufactories yet.. So I'm not far into research at all:eek:..
That said, I'm ranking number 246 and have visited 28 neighbors.. I mostly fight the encounters and just make sure I constantly keep recruiting troops to handle all the losses (there are many losses made a long the line).. Next to fighting I only negotiate when they only demand coins and supplies:).

i have all expansions possible right now
What is the maximum expansions?

DeletedUser

i have all expansions possible right now,

So you are fineshed the reseaching O_0... and the game is for you over .
Or is there a generell area limit that you reached? If this is so, it make no sence to buy with diamonds some places.

DeletedUser

There are 1600 squares(40x40). One expansion is 25 squares, so that makes 64. When i look at Khebeln's city, he does not have all possible expansions yet, i take it he still needs the 13 from after researching the superior residentials.

DeletedUser

I also just started Advanced Main Hall, things are slowing down now because of high demand of goods everywhere. I have low income from quests now for a few days, stuck with one demanding barracks lvl 6 and I even don't have 5, because all goods I can organise are needed for research.

I didn't really fight many encounters, most of the time doin' scout and buy...

DeletedUser126

What i meant i have all possible ones you can get, that inc diamond ones :)

DeletedUser236

What i meant i have all possible ones you can get, that inc diamond ones
Question.. Can you buy 1 expansion for 450 diamond and does it get more expensive after you bought one? Cause at this point it suggest to me that you get 5 expansions for 450 diamondo_O

DeletedUser58

The first two, I believe, are 450 diamonds. Then they become 500 diamonds. Or something along those lines, the cost gradually goes up for every few expansions.

DeletedUser

Question.. Can you buy 1 expansion for 450 diamond and does it get more expensive after you bought one? Cause at this point it suggest to me that you get 5 expansions for 450 diamondo_O

There are 5 available for you right now, but you can only purchase 1 for 450 diamonds. When you level up your main hall, more will become available.

DeletedUser126

It gets expensive over time up to lv 6 is about 500 lv 7 is 650 lv 8 is 650 lv 9 is 800 ? dont remember lv 12-13 is 1000

DeletedUser231

Im doing Superior Residential Buildings now, i have all expansions possible right now, and spent lots on extra knowledge points :p In exploration i do 200k-320k areas now. 320k is Tier 3 did not touch those yet.

I only do the easy fights after each zone research to minimize cost/losses :)

WOW....your doing this way too fast...I like a nice slow steady pace. Going so fast would ruin the game and fun for me....:)

DeletedUser

I just got my 2nd tier boost: scrolls. Scrolls production is going well, I think, but my star product is steel: I trade it for everything else; don't ask me who takes my trades (they are all fair trades, but still, I was expecting much harder scenario trading-wise due to inactivity levels around me).

I have an army of 60, but I'm still fighting areas in 4th circle. I'm starting to think thay negotiating sectors is easier than fighting, but I like the added challenge.

I usually have to buy KP because of coins overflowing my treasury; I just hope this won't make me poor in the long run, once scouting costs start to ramp up, hehehe.

DeletedUser126

WOW....your doing this way too fast...I like a nice slow steady pace. Going so fast would ruin the game and fun for me....:)

Im doing Priest research now and have 720k for 1 exploration that takes 12h :p

And for me the pace is ok, because once i get to the top i dont need to rush anymore, and get to test all the new things first :)

DeletedUser

:p I don't want to be the first. I want to benefit from others experiences .:D

DeletedUser205

I just got my 2nd tier crystal factory and start now for the boost, because I first made Squad Size Upgrade and than SwordDancer Promotion (which looks like a good decision for me).

I had a mixture in negotiating and fighting, depending on time and fun. If wise and possible I prefered to fight.

Spend last week without fighting but making SwordDancers-I as many as I could. They all changed into SwordDancers-II for free, when I got the SwordDancer Promotion.
From this point on, I had a great day, fighting out all the little beasts which I recessed till now :))

Btw: I thought, you have sort of free decision, which way you go through the researches (focus on fights or on trades). That was, how I read the guidance at the beginning (or was it more kind of promotion?)
But in reality you get quests (which you can't deny) to fullfill ALL researches. For example: I've got my crystal factory and I'm currently not interessted in silk and scrollfac. and would prefer to start my crystalboost and than the next squad size upgrade. But I have to fullfil the scroll+silk-reserach first (as I see just now, its a prescribed path in the research too, which I can't avoid). I would prefer to have the (for me) promised decision!