• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

How is training time calculated?

Konniver

I've built a tool on the Elven Architect to allow players to calculate training speed, times and costs for all troops, but one thing that's leaving me stumped is the exact calculation of training time.
(Preview link - http://www.elvenarchitect.com/calculators/trainingspeed/).

The game appears to calculate squad training time by taking the rounded training time of a single unit and then multiply that by the training squad size, so I've removed training size from this example.

I have a level 21 barracks that provides a base training speed of 98. I've disconnected my Needles so that there is no boost modifier.

Using the following formula:
Calculated Training Time = Base Training Time / Training Speed

It yields the following results:
E3mtFbm.png

As you can see, my calculations yield marginally different values to what is found in game, which amounts to a lot when you factor in training squad size.

There is no pattern of rounding up, down, or nearest.

Does anyone have any insight into this?

Dony

King of Bugs
i am getting a bit different times on low level of barracks on live server

barrack level 4:
in game training times are:

barrack level 4 + needles level 2:

while first 2 are more or less ok, later 3 are off even for 30s more, which is a lot in early game
so its either bugged or there is rounded training speed on low levels of barracks (or its rounded everywhere) (3,86-3,89 instead of 4 in this case)

Konniver

eD4mfBb.png

30 seconds is crazy! Your results do confirm a few things ...
  • The problem seems to be with the latter 3 troops. When trying different equations I couldn't find one that would satisfy the first two and the latter three. Only the one of them would be correct. Perhaps a unit's weight is being factored in somehow.
  • Needles (Level 2) is being calculated correctly as your second set of values is 24% less than the first set, with rounding.
I can confirm that a level 4 barracks provides exactly 4 speed, with no rounding.

Could others please post the unit times of their troops along with their barracks level? Disconnect needles if you have one. If there are more discrepancies, I'll report it as a bug.

Heymrdiedier

how do you get the base training time, is that in the raw data? cant there be an error with that?

lvl 8 human barrack: training speed 9:
barbarian 2 79
crossbowman 79
priest -> havent researched yet :p
paladin 479
mortar -> havent researched

note: 720/9 should be 80 and not 79 and 4320/9 should be 480 and not 479

lvl 5 elf barracks: training speed 5
sworddanser: 143
bows: 143

lvl 4 elf barracks: training speed 4
sword: 180
bows:180

could it be that the its still % based in reality but we just see the raw numbers? for example: barrack 8 could just as wel be trainingspeed 9.01 to get to those numbers.

Konniver

Your results just throws a spanner in the works, as your in-game times are lower than calculated despite then being whole numbers to begin with.

1Z6ccPQ.png

how do you get the base training time, is that in the raw data? cant there be an error with that?

Yes, from the raw data.

could it be that the its still % based in reality but we just see the raw numbers? for example: barrack 8 could just as wel be trainingspeed 9.01 to get to those numbers.

I thought so too, and it does occur, but I found the values are just too small to make the kind of differences that we're seeing.

GUjXkjA.png

Heymrdiedier

btw i very much like this calculator, now i can easily see how many armories i need if i want to be able to produce all night (but ouch on the hammers needed for that)