• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

How are you exploring the world map?

DeletedUser317

As title says, i just curious in how people are exploring the world map.
At very begining i explore towars my boosted good, but at some point i start to explore in a circle patern and continue in this way. What about you?

DeletedUser58

Funny, I was thinking about asking this a few days ago but I just thought everyone's going for a circle pattern since it's cheaper and easier that way.

Myself, I'm mostly going for a circle pattern but my current discovered neighborhood is all but a circle --- it's larger on top and bottom, while smaller on the left and right side. My scouting expenses are smaller on the left and right side as well, so it's definitely not a circle. But mostly I'm going for the cheapest scouting (because that also means the armies there are easier to defeat) with a few exceptions here and there (if I can get to a boosted relic province or an active player whom I can trade with I'd scout there first regardless of the cost).

DeletedUser

I don`t like to fight, so I negotiate the most of my visible area. Sometimes I have a look to the boosted good, but later this is not so imported. I can trade with a little bit more than 40 city's without to pay tax. This is enough for me, I can collect all needed goods from my neighbors.

DeletedUser

I fight always I can, I only negotiate if I stimate big losses in combat. I go with the Circle Theory, so I have been pretty much completing all provinces in concentric circles; reading some of the comments here makes me realize maybe i got it wrong, I'll have to pay attention to it. Anyway, now that scouting new hexes is getting harder and harder, I value finding good neighbors (those ones really active, and who can trade with me, specially scarce goods) over finding more relics for my boosted goods.

DeletedUser126

I negotiated all and im at 1mil per new exploration atm :p Fighting only the easy fights vs ranged only units otherwise you have no chance in hell to win vs 4-5x harder enemy :)

DeletedUser

I always try to fight and save the goods for Research and Upgrades. First I look for the goods I Need...
I don´t like negotiate only if I have to.

DeletedUser326

I always try to fight and save the goods for Research and Upgrades. First I look for the goods I Need...
I don´t like negotiate only if I have to.
The time will come when you would have losses per fight which Need nearly a day to refill so negotiation is the only viable Option.

For me i explore in circles - because going in straight one direction will be impossible at a certain Point due to Tier 2 goods or simply to tough enemies and unaffordable exporation costs.

DeletedUser317

Thanks for all the replies. As many says in the begining i start fighting but after i reach the 3 ring of cities fight is very hard, so now i only negotiate, and it seem that fight only get worse.

I negotiated all and im at 1mil per new exploration atm :p Fighting only the easy fights vs ranged only units otherwise you have no chance in hell to win vs 4-5x harder enemy :)

Hi Khebeln, good point in only fight ranged unit, i try that :)

DeletedUser283

Hi there :)
I started exploring circularly around my city, then research costs became appalling, so I do not explore nor fight that much now in order to limit the KP income, while I concentrate on provinces that will give me relics for my boosted goods

DeletedUser224

Hello,
I explore circularly and now I'm exploring the fifth circle... it is difficult to fight but it is really fun for me.
Of course it will take more time to conquer the provinces, but it is a game and I have no hurry... ;)

DeletedUser503

I also explored the closest provinces to me in the beginning, of course. Moving outward
to the least expensive and less frightful enemies. However, they are all frightful now,
lol, and the scouting costs are quite high, so I am now trying to move in directions
that will allow me to collect for my current and future boosted goods.

DeletedUser

I usually explore
1. towards advanced and promising neighours
2. towards boosted goods provinces
3. completing the circles
(in that order, unfortunately no. 1 often turns out to be head against a wall, costing me several days time of recruiting).
I wish I could fight my way through more often and straight in one direction, but usually there is no choice but to negotiate.

DeletedUser205

if I can choose, what depends on the quantity of coins I have to spend for exploring, otherwise I take the cheapest (which leads directly to a neighbor mainly):
1: direction towards an active neighbor is higher priority than to an inactive
2: the good is pointing to a bunch of enemies whom I like to clobber (I like fighting and getting experience in doing it successful)
3. the boosting-thing

Last edited by a moderator: