• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other How about a prettiest city contest?

DeletedUser651

I would love to see more aspects of this game that are social and based on building. Could we have a prettiest city contest? It would be fun. There could be a new contest each week and we would all get to see creative ways to use the great building tools this game gives us. We can all vote for which city we like the best and the winner cannot win again for a certain period of time so more folks can get a chance to win.

Maybe for some diamonds? ;)

I think it would be nice to have this game focus on things that are a part of the building aspect. Things like prettiest city contests, bonuses for the longest road, longest contiguous road, most lamposts, most balanced city and other things that focus on city building.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser205

my city was pretty before I grew into the higher upgradelevels. Now the colors become darker the nearer the buildings get to level 15.
don't like that colors and don't like the fashion of the mainhall from level 12 on.
I'm a sad elve in an ugly growing town now :-(

DeletedUser236

Such competition would be fun if we could adjust the looks of the city a little.. Maybe a choice in different colors and perhaps different roofs for the workshops/residences etc :D

DeletedUser205

Such competition would be fun if we could adjust the looks of the city a little.. Maybe a choice in different colors and perhaps different roofs for the workshops/residences etc :D

And the look of the city would be much better, if we could turn buildings.
Now its very hard to give your city a really good look, because most of the buildings don't match to others (in everything).
That is probably the same situation as in reallife, but what for do I play an elf-game? My answer for me little treehuger-elf: to build a cute elves-city :)

DeletedUser651

No. I wasn't envisioning any extra skins or anything other than what we already have to work with. I think that would be the fun of it. (Also, it wouldn't take any additional programming). Just a little way for us all to get to know each other better, have some fun, and be creative in our city building.

DeletedUser

+1
Everything encouraging players to leave behind the boring and unimaginative min/maxing and cram-all-culture-structures-in-one-place-at-the-edge standard city design imported from FoE is very welcome! Unfortunately "they" are a majority still. So Ladies and Lords of Elvenar, fight dullness, be creative, be imaginative, build your cities beautiful to behold! :)

DeletedUser

I already was being creative amarthano so no problems on that for me.

DeletedUser651

Amarthano....I love your city! It is so creative. And you are very high in the standings, so that is proof that you don't need to be strictly utilitarian to do well. You put it beautifully. That is exactly why I suggested this. I so love to see the amazing cities people can create with the beautiful building blocks we are given.

Personally, I can't decorate to save my life and I would make the world's worst architect! lol. But, I love seeing how talented other people are.

DeletedUser

Amarthano....I love your city! It is so creative. And you are very high in the standings, so that is proof that you don't need to be strictly utilitarian to do well. [...]

Thank you Bobbykitty! :)
I am hardly half finished though, both artisans' quarter and residential district are yet only in planning. ;)
Indeed one can maintain a decent ranking this way, for a while at least, since the major factors contributing to ranking still are diamonds (which I use since I simply cannot resist some of the decorative objects and, much more important, provide extra city blocks as valuable experimental space and temporary structure store) and time (of which I have already spent quite a bit, lucky me got a key on beta launch day).

Personally, I can't decorate to save my life and I would make the world's worst architect! lol. But, I love seeing how talented other people are.

Oh yes, you can - draft ahead on a sheet of squared paper if you like - just begin! :)

DeletedUser442

I love decorating. The graphics are very good in this game and because of that, it is a joy to build the city. But I must admit, the Main Hall is not appealing at higher levels. At lvl 15 it looks like, it belongs to a different game. It's a gorgeous building but... I miss the trees sticking out of it like it does with the lower levels.
The higher levels of the Barracks seem also out of place. Wish it was a bit more tree like the armory. Although the armory does loose some of it's treeness on higher levels, but it's still there.
A lot of the buildings gain a more metal look when they gain level. That is not very wood/forest like. Again, I don't like that.

I want to have of each culture building at least one in my city. But those things eat away your space like crazy. Still... great pieces to have. Although for the Shrine of Enar I am not to thrilled to see it in pink. Pink it not my color anyway. Wish I could change the colors.

I want to have a center piece with all the big culture buildings put together to make a splendid view. Keeping a 'green heart' in the middle of the city. Want to give the rest of the city a bit of a forest look. Houses and factories among the trees and nature. I hope that enough small culture stuff will aid me in that. Because .. as said.. a lot of the buildings are loosing their connection with nature as they rise in level.

DeletedUser

Just wish that flashplayer was functional with ubuntu than my little brother could join

DeletedUser

You can play Elvenar and other flash-based browsergames using chrome on linux, because newest flash is built-in.

DeletedUser651

I downloaded a browser/app with flash called Puffin for my iPad. I can play on that. It isn't nearly as beautiful as it is on the computer, but it is doable.

DeletedUser395

I changed my city a little bit this morning, I like it better this way. :rolleyes:

wi2fp6ip.png