• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City Hot Spots on City Map

DeletedUser580

Every player is starting to build a city in the same way. But this can be boring. To increase the challenge for build the city there could be some special hot spots in the map in which buildings get a buff such as:

Build on this grid to get x2 Culture/Coins or Supplies

With these hot spots people have to think where and how they should expand there city and what they should build where. Maybe a straight street is on one place not possible. Placing a Supply Building on a Culture Spot would be useless.

And so on. :D

ThaMartin

I think this would make the game needlessly complicated. Arranging your city with the little available space is a pretty tough job already :p

DeletedUser58

I agree with ThaMartin on that, it would make the current job of managing your city too difficult. I like the freedom of selecting my own layout without losing out on things.

But, I do like what you're aiming for, so maybe an alternative for what you're proposing --- if certain buildings are constructed next to each other, they have an improved production. For example if residential houses are next to culture buildings, the residential houses provide more coin. Granted, this alternative may be more complicated to implement but I'd prefer something like that as opposed to static boosts on certain locations in the city.

DeletedUser607

I think that idea is neat.

it could be either a certain area on the map that influences the buildings on the tiles, or bring the ancient wonders into consideration.

I'm not sure how to implement this, but let's add an AW-road (maybe even each AW with its own road).

so, for example: we have the mountain hall, and until now, it pushes every production. increase the value (for example by making the percentage value of the AW not adding with the relics-value, but multiplying: 700% relic * 50% AW = 1050%), but only for those production sites that are connected by AW-road with the mountain hall. it forces the player to redesign the city while adding quite a lot of efficiency. same goes for other AWs like CLH or the blooming trader guild (should touch the trader and should maybe interact with the guest race roads).

martial monastery and other barracks-influencing AWs could be required to touch the barracks (either directly or by road) and the other military buildings.

this could also bring the players in a situation where they really have to think about their city-layouts, including the question if a certain amount of AWs should be exceeded. arranging 6 AWs might be doable but hard, 8 AWs might be exponentially more complicated.

DeletedUser1548

I think both ideas here would create more problems than benefits.
Also it would force people even more to build their cities in a certain way.

I may not be right but soon we will be able to 'test' it a bit while adding roads to culture buildings. ;)

DeletedUser1757

I think both ideas here would create more problems than benefits.
Also it would force people even more to build their cities in a certain way.
This is kind of already implemented. By buildings straight roads you benefit a lot. You can only do if you put the same size buildings in the same row.

I may not be right but soon we will be able to 'test' it a bit while adding roads to culture buildings.
I think this shouldn't be a problem. At least with Woodenelves.
I think problem lies in different area and that is expansions and/or residences - population/per square is not reasonable. But it could be just about ridiculous building sizes. Which make another problem. If you have a big city playing becomes jerky.