• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle Highlite the active unit in battle

DeletedUser

The active unit in the battle is not marked or highlited. By markeing the active unit, the battle transparency can be increased.

DeletedUser

What do you mean with highlighting? If you mean highlghting the square of the unit +1. If you mean a glowing halo around the unit -1

DeletedUser43

Could you precise where and when you would like the highlighting? Here is a screenshot of the current situation:

MENs7RR.jpg

As you can see, the active squad is highlighted in the battlefield. Furthermore, the active squad is emphasised in the information bar below the battlefield: the squad is the first in the row and the squad's image is bigger displayed than the other images.

What would you like to see changed? :)

DeletedUser

The mouseover event can change the highlated squad. If you go with the mouse to any other unit in the battlefield, the active unit loos the hightlited field, and the one under the mouse will be highlited.
Screenshots from the same round: http://postimg.org/gallery/w2objxxi/bfb24e4d/

@Drialik: I mean highlighting the square of the unit.

DeletedUser43

Thanks for the clarification! So you'd like to see a highlighting (maybe in a different color?) that's displayed on the square of the active squad at all times. :)

DeletedUser

@Lauwi: exactly. :) Maybe a border around the field with diferent color would be enought.

Thanks Drialik.

DeletedUser

But this would mix up the moving possibilities of the active unit and the unit your mouse is over.

DeletedUser

It seems, that I don't fully understand the proposal, Perhaps it is wanted to 'mark' the active unit on the battlefield without showing moving possibilities (therefor i wouldn't use 'highlite' here).
The user interface of the battle screen has already proven to be quite tricky, there may be a danger that implementing this would cause some more unwanted actions by players.

DeletedUser

Good point, but lucky me the only stupid thing I have done untril now was sending a dog against a bandit.

DeletedUser

That is the developers and designers job to implement it without errors. I am pretty sure they can do it. :)

DeletedUser442

I have this problem as well. I'm always searching for the unit that is active at the moment. I have to mouse over each unit to see if this is the one that's active. When they are at starting point, that's no problem. I have memorized the sequence. But once they move around and especially when you have two or more of the same unit type. I feel like I'm searching for my cat or something. And when I mouse over I look for that specific arrow icon that indicates that this unit has moves left.

Perhaps a small icon above the head of the active unit. Although that might be confusing with other units, when they are close together. Or give the base of the unit a different color without having to mouse over it. I must be able to see with unit is active just by looking, not by mousing over or something like that.

DeletedUser

I like the square on which the active unit is standing idea better. An icon makes me think of a godly sign.

DeletedUser43

This idea has been forwarded with the comment that only the base of the squad (the hex on which it stands) should be emphasised. The emphasis of the active squad shouldn't interfere with squad's movements and should only make the battlefield more clear. :)