• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Helping neighbors - coin & supplies

DeletedUser58

I am posting this under ideas and suggestions but it's more about changing an already existing system so if the feedback area is more suitable please move it there. Thanks!

Current system: You help your discovered neighbors, and this gives you coin. If the neighbor you help has helped you in the last 24 hours you get a small number of supplies in addition to the coin. So if someone helps you, you can return the favor in the next 24 hours and you get coin and supplies (as opposed to only coin).

Proposed Change(s):
Idea #1 -
Every helping action gives both coin and supplies, regardless if the other person has helped you or not. There's no "just coin" reward, the helping action gives both coin and supplies.
Idea #2 - Reverse the current case so that you get coin and supplies if you are helping a neighbor who hasn't helped you in the previous 24 hours. So if I help you first, I get coin and supplies, if you then return this help in the next 24 hours you only get coin.
Idea #3 - The first time you help a neighbor you only get coin. Once you do that, you get a time window (30 hours maybe?) and if your next motivation is in that timeframe you get both coin and supplies. Thus if you keep helping actively and your help actions are never more than 30 hours apart you'll keep receiving coin and supplies. If you miss that timeframe, you restart this process.

Reasoning:
This is very counter-productive the way it's implemented currently. Not only are there very few active players, but they're holding off on their assistance, waiting for me to help them first so they can get supplies in addition to the coin. If I don't help them, they won't help me either because they've decided to get both rewards.

Maybe I am missing a reason as to how this is very good, but presently in the game I am suffering more than I am benefiting from this and I'm actively helping every day. The rewards should go to the active players, those who initiate such help and not those who only reciprocate it. Or just give both coin and supplies to everyone so there's no complication at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'd prefer idea 1;
Idea 2 appears to be very nice at the moment, since not many players are very active (leave alone they start helping neighbours), but once the game's a bit further and more players engage in this, then this idea might become counter-productive :p

DeletedUser315

Didn't want to open a new thread & thought I'd post this here ,

Re. Neighborhoods , is there a shuffle system in place ? I'm only playing a week or so and haven't seen one yet .
I have at the moment 20 odd neighbors and only receive 3-4 polivations on a daily basis , most of the city's are dead around me .
Sure would love a move to a more active area please .

DeletedUser236

Sure would love a move to a more active area please

I know this feeling! At the moment I have only 1 page for trading and all offered trades are useless :( I wanna move to a new neighborhood !

DeletedUser

@ThePhantom:
The wiki says: "You will receive some coins for your work, and, in case your neighbour also helped you within the last 24 hours, you will also receive supplies. In fact, if both of you do this regularly, you will receive additional supplies all the time."
So I think your assumption that players hold off their assistance may be wrong?! There could be a chain that both players get the additional supplies if I understand right.
Actually the one who never stops the chain is disadvantaged because one gets only coins if the other player didn't help the last 24h. The one who unregular helps always gets back supplies because you help every 24h.
There has to be an idea #3 I think. Both ideas do not really solve the problem.

DeletedUser58

You have a timer of 23 hours, but a window of 24 hours in which you can assist. So basically if the other person helps you right after you helped them, you're left with about 1 hour once your timer drops 0 for you to assist them. You'd have to be glued to the computer at a specific time every day not to miss out on that.

I'm open to any improvements, but currently from 30 neighbors I get supplies just from about 2 of them (which is a decent number considering I get help from 3-4). I have no doubt that 20+ of them are inactive or barely playing --- but this shouldn't harm me (even though it already does by not giving me active trader partners but that's indirectly). I'm doing my share of helping, so I should get my share of supplies. If they never visit then I never get those supplies and IMO that's wrong. My progress is hindered because some other person can't even reciprocate.

DeletedUser

I understand the problem. But your example is an extreme one and assumes malicious intent of the other player to nail you on the 1h-timeframe.
Idea #1: The idea of an extra bonus is completely gone - not ok
Idea #2: Gives advantage for the faster one - ok. But gives disadvantage to players who help regularly but not always every day at the same time - not ok.
Thus: idea #3: I have no idea to solve the problem, perhaps someone else???

DeletedUser58

Not to be taken the wrong way here, I don't want to imply that anyone is consciously doing this to harm me. I think folks have realized they get supplies if they help -after- they have been helped so they wait till you do it and then reciprocate. It just happens some do it right away and that harms me (indirectly).

Here's another idea (will edit it in the first post in a moment): The first time you help a neighbor you only get coin. But once you do that you get a time window (30 hours maybe?) and if your next motivation is in that timeframe, you get both coin and supplies. So if you keep helping actively and your assistances are never more than 30 hours apart you'll keep receiving coin and supplies. If you miss that timeframe, you get just coin again and a new 30 hours window (these hours are given as an example, the developers can adjust that if they feel it's too much or too little).

DeletedUser136

This doesn't really effect me because I literally do my neighborhood 'rounds' at the same time every night after work as do the few players that have discovered me and actually play.

I do agree with ThePhantom though. It's not really reasonable to expect most players to be able to do that on a schedule. Extending the time window a few hours for the bonus makes sense.

DeletedUser

I LOVE how they put a 23 hours timer, instead of a 24h one. That way you can really have a given time for your support round everyday.