• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Help with city

DeletedUser613

Ladies and Gentlemen, I play Forge of Empires on the EN server and I am doing quite well there. I thought I would start Elvenar as a change of pace.

I have now been playing on the Elvenar zz server for approximately 49 hours

At first I used the negotiate feature to acquire relics and gain sectors but once I developed a military presence I started to fight, okay this takes longer as you always lose troops

So far I have the following buildings (apart from cultural)

Level 4 town center
Level 4 barracks
Level 3 armory (3 of)
Trader
Builders hut
Level 3 residence - 1
Level 2 residence - 22
Level 1 workshop - 12
Level 2 workshop - 1
Level 3 workshop - 1
Level 1 goods buildings - timber - 3
steel - 3
marble - 3

From what I can see, I think I need to upgrade some more residences for coin production before I start to upgrade the workshops

DeletedUser

The usage of goods and coins are very different. You will later need more coins and later more supplys. This depends on your research progress. Elvenar is not static in this case, you must always optima your town step by step.

For my part are coins not so a big problem, because I can polish 40 neighbors and every visit gives me at the moment 4800 coins. This is a lot, nearly 200.000 coins per day. But I need the people, so I must build more and more residence.

Build this, what you are actually need.
Are you in a area where you have a lot of active neighbors, you don`t need 3 steel, planks or marbe manufactures. Build only your boosted good... but only you have a good market!

And if you talk to your neighbors you can often get some interesting deals. Very rich players like to help others, so use this. :)

DeletedUser58

At the moment I think your focus should be mainly on getting residences and workshops up (and upgrade/build goods buildings along the way too, but I've found their upgrades cheap so I think that will not be a problem for you, they become costly on the goods front later on).

Myself, I can tell you I focused on residences/coin at the beginning, then I switched my focus on workshops. When you're starting out you have very little sources of coin yet you need it for everything and you definitely need a lot for the workshops. But later on you will have A) many players to visit daily (which gives you coin) B) a higher-level town which increases the coin you get by visiting these players C) you won't be upgrading or scouting that frequently (because it becomes harder and harder to advance). Thus latter on you'll have excess coin but lack of supplies and goods.

DeletedUser

As ThePhantom said, coins from helping neighbors are a very big source of income.

I would recommend fighting for sectors up until 4th circle, included. Those are somewhat easy fights, preserve your goods for the tougher ones!

Try to ptoduce only boosted goods. If you have a lot of inactive neighbors (I know the feeling...) search the map for active cities and fight+scout towards them. Also, message those active players about trade partnership: if they have already scouted you, they can take your market offers without penalty.