• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Research Help new player to catch up with the end game players faster

Heymrdiedier

With every new chapter added, it because harder and harder for new players to be able to catch up with endgame players.

If there is a mobile app coming (which we assume is coming some day) a lot of new players might join the game and it might be hard for them to ever catch up so they might loose interest too fast.

So my suggestion, give portals of and old race a 10% extra bonus, for each chapter that its behind the current chapter.
So say we are in chapter 10 now, portals of chapter 9 gets 10% bonus, portals of chapter 8 gets 20% bonus, chapter 7 30% bonus etc etc.

The chapter without a guestrace will still be as slow as now tho, but i wouldnt mind that, call that a get a feeling with the game period :)

Sir Squirrel

I kind of like the idea, Dwarves and Orcs need a little bit of a speed up, but I think fairies and wood elves are fine. In Wood elves it's the mana that slows you down, not the guest races goods anyway, so not sure a portal boost would help much there. Maybe do every other guest race so we don't get one for Wood elves but we do for orcs, not fairies, but again for dwarves.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

In Wood elves it's the mana that slows you down, not the guest races goods anyway, so not sure a portal boost would help much there.
I'm finding it to be the guest race goods myself. Other than some slight mana issues around the point where I was unlocking the grafting sites, I've had loads.
Maybe my 6 fab, 7/7/5 build is wrong?

Sir Squirrel

It's slow at the end, for me anyway, I am on S&D advanced scouts now, but still need to do streets and they take mana too. The last three tecs or so took a lot of mana I have 12 willows and a habitat. I had 6 fab and 7/7/5 as well till near the end then added 2 more marble and steel.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1075

I have a smaller account on a US server and a big account here on Beta. I don't see that I have a huge problem catching up on the US server, and I'm enjoying the building process again so I don't know that I'd want to rush it along. I also think that the boost on portal goods won't really help as you still have all the upgrades on buildings to do for the chapter which would also slow you down and make the game potentially unbalanced.

To summarize: I'm not entirely convinced this is an issue (but I'm a sample size of one so I would listen to feedback that says it is), and I don't think the portal goods boost alone would solve the issue if it does exist.

DeletedUser1657

Unsure if this is needed. I can see a gap as the game goes on but I have also started multiple towns across multiple time frames and I find the smaller towns already catch-up to the end game towns. The gap in chapters between my towns keeps getting closer and closer.

SoggyShorts

Unsure if this is needed. I can see a gap as the game goes on but I have also started multiple towns across multiple time frames and I find the smaller towns already catch-up to the end game towns. The gap in chapters between my towns keeps getting closer and closer.
Also since there is no end-game content here it may not be a good idea at all to help players reach the end faster. This isn't World of Warcraft where you try to get to max level asap so you can participate in the really cool new content.

I, for one, after reaching the end of the tech tree would only log in once every 24h, and if new content wasn't released fast enough I'd eventually stop even doing that.
In 3 days it will be my 1 year elvenar anniversary, and about a week after that I will finish the woodelves chapter. That pace of progression seems about right to me.

Perhaps if there was 15+ chapters available, then it would be a good idea to speed up a couple of the early chapters, but not yet.

DeletedUser1767

I agree with @Grace, @Mykan, and @SoggyShorts. I'm four techs from the end in S&D in Arendyll and just starting fairies here and in Winyandor, and I don't feel a huge impetus to catch those smaller cities up. They're moving along more quickly than my original city did anyway (because I know what I'm doing now), and it's nice having slightly different puzzles going rather than the same one three times over. I have actually been deliberately trying to retard my progress in my adolescent cities, because I haven't had time lately to plan their next stages out in ElvenArchitect and sped through Dwarves way faster than I'd been expecting.

The other thing to consider is that there's often an advantage to not rushing through the tech tree, because it gives you more time to grow your Wonders, increase your boost, consider your strategy for the next chapter, and so on. Being tech-locked on guest race goods gives you some good time for investing in your Wonders, and in some cases more rewards in the tournament (because you may have more supplies or goods to burn). I don't know that encouraging everyone to rip through that would be a good idea.