• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Having to reload/refresh in order to reset buildings?

Calenmir

Has anyone else had a problem where after you collect your productions (goods, supplies, other settlement) that when you click the building to reset it, it won't open?

This has been happening to me on beta for a couple of months now, but at the time it wasn't happening on live server. It's now affecting all five of my live server cities as well.

Is it just my computer or is anyone having this happen?

Thanks.

DeletedUser2003

I get it on Firefox too, but it's usually just 1 or 2 buildings that "freeze" when I do a sweeping collect. When this happens, just click on the "move" button, pick up building and set it back down. It will reset and you can recollect the "frozen" product, freeing the building to set up new productions. It's faster than refreshing (unless you have a bunch of buildings that are frozen, then it might be faster to just refresh). This "pick up to reset" technique also works with frozen mana structures. Hope this helps! :)

Calenmir

Oh dear, just realized that you said to move and recollect. That is not my problem (and fyi, just tried moving a building hoping it would work, but it didn't.

My problem is that I can collect but can't reset - forcing a reload/refresh in order to reset all buildings. I don't need to recollect the buildings after the refresh.

Anyway, thank you, but that didn't work for me.

Jixel

I've been getting the same problem quite frequently - I play in four worlds, and usually need to logout/in at least one of them before I can reset my productions each time ...

Jixel

After the latest Windows 10 upgrade, when using Edge I'm now 100% unable to open any manufactories, workshops, etc to reset production. I've switched to Chrome (same OS, same Flash version), and it's working fine on all four worlds I play on, so there must be something not-quite-right in Edge or the way Edge runs Flash ...

Calenmir

@jixel - yes, same for me now after the update but the funny part is it ISN'T happening on my beta city, only my live game cities and I use the same browser for all. The solution I use is to clear cache, then refresh - it seems to work.

DeletedUser2439

Its the same with me also, its spoiling the game. Thinking of leaving.

Jixel

Google does not use the base install of Flash for Chrome. Chrome contains it's own Flash code so the version is not the same.

In Firefox, Flash version appears to be : 25.0.0.171 (I'm a bit behind on updates :) )
In Edge: 29.0.0.171 (64-bit)
In Chrome: 29.0.0.171 (64-bit)

So whatever Edge and Chrome are using, it appears to be the same version.

Ashrem

In Firefox, Flash version appears to be : 25.0.0.171 (I'm a bit behind on updates :) )
In Edge: 29.0.0.171 (64-bit)
In Chrome: 29.0.0.171 (64-bit)

So whatever Edge and Chrome are using, it appears to be the same version.
It comes down to what you mean by "same version." They are probably using the same pool of base source code, but Edge and Chrome are each using their own integrated Flash engine, which is not shared with any other browsers.

Chrome and Edge both update automatically which you can only turn off by digging under the hood. firefox is using a plugin, and relies on your computer installation of Flash to update that.