• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Halloween Questline Event 2017

SoggyShorts

@SoggyShorts
AGAIN: that hint might work for advanced players, but for lower chapters its practically impossible. One already is being pushed to overextend.
delete3.jpg

But actually "solve 17+23 encounters" with no alternative right after a major event makes my hint nearly useless to almost everyone.

I'll be fine as my cities each have 6-16 open provinces, but I'd never be able to convince players that they can wait that long.

Last edited:

DeletedUser724

Well...even of you need a 62 our scout (wow, mine are around 55 now at the end of halflings) THAT is exactly what the large time-reduction instants are good for.
I don't hardly ever use them on any building, but they are great for the event-quests with scouts.

thanks
now, still has 53 hour to go, it is 2 days +5 hour

the event still has 10 to 11 days to go
so I do not need to cast any "instant" to help

ALdbeign

QUEST 26: RESOLVE 17 ENCOUNTERS (need 3 PROVINCES (8+8+1 territories)
QUEST 29: DISCOVER 1 PROVINCE (ONE MORE)
QUEST 31: RESOLVE 23 ENCOUNTERS (need 3 PROVINCES MORE 8+8+7)
QUEST 32: GAIN 29 RELICS (need 4 PROVINCES MORE !!!!! 8+8+8+5)
YOU ARE CRAZY OR WHAT ???????

it takes 60 hours for me to conquer a province !!!!! and I need it 11 for finish this event :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

11 x 60 hours = 660 hours .... :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Biloutte, I understand your frustration but your math is just a little off.
resolve 17 encounters+resolve 23 encounters = 40 encounters which is 5 provinces, not 11, having to discover a province between the first batch and the second doesn't add to that, it takes care of one of the 5 required. If you DON'T do the tourney then you would need 4 more (unless you got a couple relics from visits) so that would be between 5 and 9 needed total.
I mean no criticism, just want the math straight (and if I got it wrong anyone, please correct me)

alainemk

I am enjoying this Halloween event; I have only been playing about a month on Beta but I am in Dwarves Chp 6 on the US server Sinya Arda. My only comment regarding this quest is the Buy 17 kp is excessive. I had a hard time on my Chp 3 city here and it will also be a stretch on my Chp 6 city when promoted.

DeletedUser118

If you’re like me and have over scouted, Halloween Quest 15 “Gain 19 Relics” will have to wait two days until the tournament opens to gain relics. The game developers should either give us more chances to gain relics from the treasure chests or keep the tournament open during an event.

Dealing with the same quest but I gave up on it. Too many KP and Relic eating quests for such a short time.

Too bad actually cuz the buildings look really nice, but oh well... maybe next time.

DeletedUser

Biloutte, I understand your frustration but your math is just a little off.
resolve 17 encounters+resolve 23 encounters = 40 encounters which is 5 provinces, not 11, having to discover a province between the first batch and the second doesn't add to that, it takes care of one of the 5 required. If you DON'T do the tourney then you would need 4 more (unless you got a couple relics from visits) so that would be between 5 and 9 needed total.
I mean no criticism, just want the math straight (and if I got it wrong anyone, please correct me)

Yes, your maths are good :)

DeletedUser1075

What I don't understand about those that say they finished halflings months ago is what they are doing with their guest race space.
Since there is nothing to do but wait for chapter 12 and to do events, why isn't that space prepped for events? The upgrade to 20 is a surprise, but why not have a few res/T1 at level 11 for the "upgrade to 12" quests we are always hit with? Or even better a couple extra armories that are under leveled with extra res to support them.

Soggy, I did prep my guest race space for events. And then I pushed up a few factories in that space to lvl 12 for other events. Then I ran out of population and had to delete them. Now, had I known that Elvenar would push two events in a row and had I known that they would up the requirement to a lvl 20 building, then I might have made different choices. As it is, I chose to delete the buildings that were eating my pop, especially since the upgrade times were getting long and I thought we'd have a new chapter before another event. So now I'm done with halflings, I have upgraded everything, I'm focused on leveling up AWs. An event that requires a lvl 20 upgrade is a pain in the neck. (Events requiring a lot of lvl 12 upgrades are also a pain). The events should not be forcing us to stop game progress in order to anticipate an event. That doesn't make sense - events should support game play, not halt it.

And honestly, 97 beverages? It's make-work to click that much, not fun.

Dony

King of Bugs
Soggy, I did prep my guest race space for events. And then I pushed up a few factories in that space to lvl 12 for other events. Then I ran out of population and had to delete them. Now, had I known that Elvenar would push two events in a row and had I known that they would up the requirement to a lvl 20 building, then I might have made different choices. As it is, I chose to delete the buildings that were eating my pop, especially since the upgrade times were getting long and I thought we'd have a new chapter before another event. So now I'm done with halflings, I have upgraded everything, I'm focused on leveling up AWs. An event that requires a lvl 20 upgrade is a pain in the neck. (Events requiring a lot of lvl 12 upgrades are also a pain). The events should not be forcing us to stop game progress in order to anticipate an event. That doesn't make sense - events should support game play, not halt it.

And honestly, 97 beverages? It's make-work to click that much, not fun.
if you dont have saved enough population for next guest race you will have hard times to progress there as well from get-go

DeletedUser1075

Fair enough, but for a guest race I can toss in an event building with pop. I won't do that for an event that is temporary. And I do currently have a ton of extra buildings just for events that are eating population - so it's not that I don't have extra, it's that I can't keep pushing multiple additional buildings to high levels and keep them there and still have extra pop laying around. We are talking a few thousand extra pop for multiple buildings above level 12, so I don't see why that should be seen as "not enough pop to start the next chapter".

Dhurrin

This is the first event that has started since I started playing here that I'm not even going to try to finish.
- Its too soon after the last one
- both the last one and this one push my city to overextend in scouting
- both the last one and this one push my city to overspend on kp's
- both the last one and this one push my goods down too far by forcing to do more encounters than I can afford, and due to the overextended scouting fighting is not an option

This isnt fun anymore.
Oh yeah, before I forget: for those with only limited time and doing mostly long runs: all the bloody short run workshop stuff means I either do a short run while being away for 9 hours, thus losing a lot of supplies, or forcing me to try and adapt my real life to accomodate this game. That last is not going to happen.
The ridiculous amount of short runs is annoying clickwork anyway

Last edited:

DeletedUser1767

I've decided that I'm basically only going to do the major events, unless there's a building for a shorter event that I specifically want or something. With this event and the two Masquerade events, I did the first few easier quests to get the rewards, and then stopped when they started asking me to make unboosted goods or whatever, and I think I'm probably going to do that from now on.