• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Halloween Questline Event 2017

Preator

Is it really level 20 for all players, or is there a chance that to be chapter based like collect coins/supplies quests?

lika1961

I'm over it. The same old boring quests. Getting small instants is not a reward. The event buildings are beautiful but not rewarding enough to make me really want them. I don't have a problem with constant events, but the boredom is killing me. Inno, calling something exciting does not mean it is. If you are planning death by events, at least make it interesting.

DeletedUser724

OMG quest 29 .. I need 62 hour to socut...and there is no alternative.....

even u just start the game, u still need to raise a building to level 20...I beleive it

Dhurrin

Events are a big part of Elvenar, and they are becoming more and more frequent.
There is a lot of feedback out there, most of it asking for event quests to be a little easier, but that may not happen from the developers end, so if you want to make them easier on yourself there are a few tricks you can use:

Keep some provinces open. If clearing a province won't get you an expansion, and won't increase your boost, just wait. The only thing you'll be missing out on is 8 KP, which you will get eventually. 3 open provinces plus the tournament should be able to satisfy any event requirements (and it's only a delay of 1 days KP)
With the new scouting system you can see exactly how long your scouts will take, so if you get the quest list from the Beta players you should be able to time this effectively
For mid-chapter players your residences will probably be easiest. They're pretty fast at around 4h, and you should have lots of them. Just like with provinces, unless you need what they give you right now, there's no reason to max out every single one as fast as possible.
For higher chapter players:
Armories. For higher level buildings these are the fastest to level up, staying under 7 hours even at level 20+.
The thing with armories is that they give a huge jump when they change size, and then just a small amount the next few levels, so maxing them right away shouldn't be a priority. For example they go from 80 to 130 at level 20, but after that it's just 10 more per level, and won't have a big impact on your training capacity.
Bonus Tip: you can start an upgrade, and then just before it finishes disconnect the building from the road, and it will "pause" the upgrade. This does tie up a builder though.
This one is lame, and there's really not much you can do that is better than making 4 level 3 marble factories to prep for it.
If you are making extra low level workshops to help with other quests, you can upgrade 4 of those before the event to prepare, but they are bigger, and take longer.
Usually we are only asked for 2 and can prepare them in advance, but there's a trick that lets you prep 3 even with a level 2 MA:
  1. First you start a single PoP spell
  2. Then before it finishes, open the MA interface and watch the last few seconds count down.
  3. The spell will finish, and both slots will be open in the queue for you to add 2 more spells.
  4. Close the window and you will see that there is one ready to be collected, and 2 will be cooking.
You cantry this out with your barracks, the exact same idea works there too.
Bonus Tip: Once all 3 are finished cooking, remove the road from your MA so that you don't accidentally collect those spells before you want to.
With the masquerade PT2 event it seems like the developers have eased up on this, and with a decent culture bonus and some PoP spells you should have no problem completing this with half the number of max factories and some level 1 workshops to fill in the rest.
For example "16 advanced tools + supplies" was easily done with
7 workshops that were 2 levels under max
7 PoP spells
9 level 1 workshops.
150% culture
If your culture is lower than 125% you might need to ask your FS for culture buffs to get you to 125, and use Ensorcelled Endowments on those buildings to push it further. Note that EE spells won't do anything unless you get to 125% first and those buildings are visited.
First off, the spell Inspiring Meditation will extend your KP bar to 20 which should help.
Next, there are 4 ways to buy KP aside from diamonds: Coins, Tier 1,2, and 3. My suggestion is to never normally buy KP with one of your boosted tiers except for events. This way you will always have an easy and cheap way to buy a couple dozen when needed. This can also help if you are short on KP for unlocking the next advanced scouts tech for better rewards.
The game is about balance, and you need to decide if keeping a couple expansions empty between events so that you have room for level 1 buildings and can complete quests with ease is more important then filling every possible square with permanent buildings for rank or whatever.

Hope this helps:)

note: the level 20 or tech quest this go-around is terrible for those in chapters 6-8, and all I can recommend is taking the advanced notice you have from beta to your live accounts and FS. For those at techlock in chapters on 6-8 beta it's pretty hopeless.

Though true, I feel any event that needs spoilers like that to completely plan ahead is an event that's unbalanced. Any player who logs in daily should be able to complete an event without the aid of such.
Also, several of your spoiler ideas are not realistic for many players who are still in the early stages of the game.

Dhurrin

OMG quest 29 .. I need 62 hour to socut...and there is no alternative.....

even u just start the game, u still need to raise a building to level 20...I beleive it

Well...even of you need a 62 our scout (wow, mine are around 55 now at the end of halflings) THAT is exactly what the large time-reduction instants are good for.
I don't hardly ever use them on any building, but they are great for the event-quests with scouts.

Dhurrin

I'm over it. The same old boring quests. Getting small instants is not a reward. The event buildings are beautiful but not rewarding enough to make me really want them. I don't have a problem with constant events, but the boredom is killing me. Inno, calling something exciting does not mean it is. If you are planning death by events, at least make it interesting.

I agree with most of that. But I am getting tired of the events themselves. A game really shouldn't need events in an ongoing stream. A month between really is not a bad thing. It prevents the game from being flooded with event-buildings which outperform the regular ones (I mean...seriously, build a flying boat? Uses space and resources and builder time, and I sell it later to replace it with event buildings anyway). So the regular ones are often requested in chapter quests, but become pretty much a waste of time.
Also, the event buildings are for a good part being recycled through the events. It makes it very hard to choose which one to give NH. (@innogames : how about that mouseover to show culture that has been asked for for over a year?)

And I very much would like to see my city WITHOUT the screen being filled with additional quest-avatars, a quest thing on the top-left and the constant barrage of 'special 24-hour-offers' that are even more abundant during events. Between them they take up quite a bit of my screen.
Besides, I could use some time just playing the game itself instead of constant events.

Oh, btw, the events constantly push players in lower chapters to overscout and overspend on kps, making the normal progress a hardship. Especially in the lower chapters a decent time between events can give players some time to recover.

SoggyShorts

What I don't understand about those that say they finished halflings months ago is what they are doing with their guest race space.
Since there is nothing to do but wait for chapter 12 and to do events, why isn't that space prepped for events? The upgrade to 20 is a surprise, but why not have a few res/T1 at level 11 for the "upgrade to 12" quests we are always hit with? Or even better a couple extra armories that are under levelled with extra res to support them.

For mid range players I don't think the events push you too far on the map either. You need to clear 30 provinces per chapter which is 240 relics, and each chapter takes about a month. Once you hit orcs there is no such thing as "too far" since overscouting is better than the GZ with all the expansions and AW benefits. For the first couple chapters the relics are hardest, and require a clever combination of provinces and tournament clearing.

Dhurrin

@SoggyShorts
*lol*
Fill up the space with (mostly low level) workshops and factories for event-quests of course.
They also come in handy for the "upgrade building" quests.

(edit: and perhaps some additional mana-providing buildings. I did, so I will have a stockpile when the new chapter starts)
(edit: take a look at my city on Elcysandir. Didn't fill all the space up, so even when the new race is introduced I have some space left to work with)

Last edited:

Deleted User - 60107

Personally, I left the Halflings settlement untouched, as I have nothing to do with all the coins and supplies I will get from selling the buildings. I'd rather keep them until the next guest race arrives and then sell them when I start paying for all the expensive techs (based on the last two races there will be a lot of expensive techs for sure).

I hope this event will be the last one before the next guest race.

DeletedUser1767

I probably would have left my Halflings settlement untouched, simply because looking at the farms and canals made me happy, except that the FA-that-wasn't was about to happen, and since I was one of the first in my FS to finish the tech tree, I torpedoed it so that I could be useful to my FS. Then I figured I might as well use it for event space, so that's what it's been doing ever since. It's so ugly though. :( I did also take advantage of it to build and destroy AWs to cannibalise them, and I built another dust factory I totally didn't need but sort of wanted out of sheer boredom (well, plus it was useful with the higher levelling quests).

As for the event glut... I don't know, I have mixed feelings. You really don't have to do them, and each one will be the first event (and therefore exciting) for at least some players, and there are always people who genuinely like events. But on the other hand... well, what @Dhurrin said, basically. Even if you don't do the event, and even if you don't feel guilty for skipping events because you're not stupidly neurotic like me ( :oops: ), you can't really ignore them either, because you've still got the event banners and the advisor avatars and the offer windows.

(Incidentally, I feel like they could make that easier on people by:
  • Eliminating one of those avatars. The second one is completely redundant because it's just telling you how many quests you have done, and the event banner also tells you this if you click it. There's no reason to have that second avatar. I play on a GIANT-*** MONITOR and I still find it cluttered; for someone trying to play on a laptop screen, it really must be aggravating.
  • Allowing players to banish the other avatar, or something -- like, if you really don't want to do the event, you should be able to tick something to hide the avatar window. This should be reversible, i.e. if you click the event banner, you should be able to un-hide the avatar again. But it would be really nice if you could do something like that.)
The thing that makes me grumpiest, personally, is the need to keep space open for the level one workshops and T1s (which we need more of all the time, now that they've decided unboosted goods should be a thing). It bothers me both aesthetically (I deeply, deeply hate the way it looks) and for space principle reasons. It's one thing if you have some empty space you don't immediately; it's another to expect people to just always keep some open. Space is at a premium in this game. Each chapter has a bigger settlement (the settlement for XII sounds really daunting), bigger buildings, more AWs, but the tech tree expansions are fewer and fewer, premium expansions are now very expensive, and we know that at some point you can't get them from scouting anymore. We know that there are legitimate reasons for this, and that's fine, but it seems kind of unfair to limit the space and then make it so that you have to spend some of your more-limited space on junk buildings if you want to get far in events. Setting aside space occasionally used to annoy me but did not bother me; having to do it more or less permanently bothers me a lot.

DeletedUser

I am stuck on the quest 26 ...
solve 17 encounters
.. problem, I have not provinces discovered ...
so I have to discover 3 provinces (8 + 8 + 1) ... grrrrr ...
I am discovering a province (I have 22 hours left)
and then I will need 2 times 60 hours :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

SoggyShorts

@Biloutte91
That situation is why I recommend this:
Keep some provinces open. If clearing a province won't get you an expansion, and won't increase your boost, just wait. The only thing you'll be missing out on is 8 KP, which you will get eventually. 3 open provinces plus the tournament should be able to satisfy any event requirements (and it's only a delay of 1 days KP)

DeletedUser

WTF THIS EVENT ??????
QUEST 26: RESOLVE 17 ENCOUNTERS (need 3 PROVINCES (8+8+1 territories)
QUEST 29: DISCOVER 1 PROVINCE (ONE MORE)
QUEST 31: RESOLVE 23 ENCOUNTERS (need 3 PROVINCES MORE 8+8+7)
QUEST 32: GAIN 29 RELICS (need 4 PROVINCES MORE !!!!! 8+8+8+5)
YOU ARE CRAZY OR WHAT ???????

it takes 60 hours for me to conquer a province !!!!! and I need it 11 for finish this event :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

11 x 60 hours = 660 hours .... :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser118

Are you in an active fellowship that participates in tournaments? If so you have some extra relics and the like waiting there.

DeletedUser

next tournament it's not my boost ( gems) :( :( and i'm in a little felloship (13 french players) i'm french ;)

DeletedUser1163

Having so many events back to back, many of us Elvenar players are finding the quests becoming a challenge to complete. I have been playing for years, always looking forward to visiting Elvenar to escape the demands of real life, and designing my city to please me. Now I find if I want to complete an event, I will have to build my city to accommodate the demands of these events. Events are supposed to be fun not a chore to do.

If you’re like me and have over scouted, Halloween Quest 15 “Gain 19 Relics” will have to wait two days until the tournament opens to gain relics. The game developers should either give us more chances to gain relics from the treasure chests or keep the tournament open during an event.