• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Halflings

DeletedUser1659

An artistic rendition on my main live world city on how a full sized settlement might look. lol. I love the wiki being out so soon :D Thanks, wiki team! :D Imagine of course that the road from my city SS is actually irrigation canal. lol

That's 10 farms (one hiding behind the fully upgraded spring grove if you look real close) spaced out a bit to fit 12 fields, 3 @ each level. fits nicely in a 3x5 expansion grid area.

2h8co40.jpg

DeletedUser1949

You are welcome :) We are though missing a few details before we are finished with all halfling related updates of the wiki.

Lissona

When collection seeds in the trader, we get a "collection bonus" every time we collect the seeds. Do other buildings from the chapter (Grape Farm etc.) have a similiar early collect bonus?

ophion

When starting a new guest race, I think the accumulated Settlement Resources from the previous guest race should be taken into consideration.
I had thousands of resources from the Sorcerers and Dragons guest race in store that have just been wiped now that I've entered the Halflings...and I think I should receive a little compensation for those. All the work, effort and time used to make those resources have just been dumped as if they never happened and now I'm starting over again at nil.:(
Surely it would be fair if the previous unused resources would be taken into consideration when entering a new guest race?

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

When starting a new guest race, I think the accumulated Settlement Resources from the previous guest race should be taken into consideration.
I had thousands of resources from the Sorcerers and Dragons guest race in store that have just been wiped now that I've entered the Halflings...and I think I should receive a little compensation for those. All the work, effort and time used to make those resources have just been dumped as if they never happened and now I'm starting over again at nil.:(
Surely it would be fair if the previous unused resources would be taken into consideration when entering a new guest race?
I'm not sure how you would want to be compensated for this. If the previous guest race goods turned into the new guest race goods, it would put a huge dent in the challenge that the new race offers.

ophion

I don't expect the old goods to be replaced with new ones...just something that wouldn't have made creating all the past goods a total waste of time and effort. Maybe a few kp's, rune shards?
Anything that acknowledged the previous efforts would be nice instead of just wiping them completely.:)

DeletedUser283

technically, these ressources in excess are still there afterwards, and we could see them if we kept the corresponding "portal" - which would be a complete waste of space in the case of the campus !
and about that : the quests in S&D asking to produce basic sorcerer resources (arcane scrolls, soul catchers and crystal flasks) are placed very late in the sequence
most players build portals and production buildings as soon as they can have them and upgrade them as fast as possible, producing as many goods as possible very early in the chapter;
when I got those storyline quests, I already had my faculties at max level and enough stuff to bring my campus to the top, resulting in the production of useless goods that I had nothing to do with, while keeping my faculties away from the objective at hand : producing graduates;
all that without any option to skip the quests

Last edited by a moderator:

Dony

King of Bugs
Feedback regarding Elvenar Trade Center AW
I dont think its wise to use same spell duration formula for Magical Manufacturing as it was for Power of Provision.
Workshops has more production options and even shorter compared to any manufactory.
I have made chart showing maximum number of collecting goods per 1 spell usage.
kuzlo1.JPG
Better and much more convenient solution would be to change Magical Manufacturing spell to work as giving charges to manufactury, base spell would give 5 charges, every time you collect from that spelled manufactury you lose 1 charge similar to builders hut.
Then building this AW would just add charges per 5 levels similar to other AWs (Enars Embassy, Endless Excavation, Tome of Secret)

Jackluyt

When someone has a fully-developed (or even half-way-to-fully) - could I have a screenshot / s please?
I will still be stuck in Sauce-errors and Drag-ons for a week or so!

DeletedUser1677

Hmm just calculated on some culture/mana buildings:

S&D
habitat 161 mana pr hour, size 4x7= 28 squares, 5,75 mana pr square
library 200 pr hour, size: 3x5, 13,33 mana pr square, 1740 culture = 116 culture pr square
witch market 66 pr hour, 1x4 16 mana pr square

Halflings
grape farm 336 mana pr hour, 4x7, 12 mana pr square, 5900 culture, 210 culture pr square.
Grapevines 100 mana pr hour, 4 squares, 25 mana pr square

So looking at the "bigger" builings, and only looking at mana, I should keep library.
Should'nt the culture buildings in the new chapter be an upgrade?
Yes, I know they got more culture, but looking at my mana now, mana seems to be pretty usefull. So the way to get mana in the future, is the small buildings like market and grapevines?

DeletedUser1767

My current theory is that if you go in for the three AWs that give mana-related bonuses, and manage to get them in a reasonably timely fashion (admittedly a big if, but then blah blah neo-tournaments), you'll have enough access to additional sources of mana (and reduced mana decay) that the higher-culture-but-somewhat-lower-mana buildings become more useful than the Library, but possibly not until then.

The mana you get from small buildings really does add up, though. I was able to get through Woodelves in my main city in a very timely fashion with only eight Weeping Willows because I also had a lot of the small buildings.

ALdbeign

The last data is in place. On behalf of the entire wiki team I hope we didn't miss anything (important) or made any errors. Please let us know if anything slipped past our keen eyes :)
Thank you very much for this, it is so nice to have the info up before a new race goes live!

On another note: I am wondering how many of each building will be required by story line quests. Has anyone gotten any of these yet? I'm nowhere near far along enough on beta to find out and have a pretty idea how to go on this when it hits live next week but those quests will have a major impact. (happily I haven't used up my campus space, but this has the potential of requiring even more space than that)

SoggyShorts

So looking at the "bigger" builings, and only looking at mana, I should keep library.
Keep in mind that libraries need more roads. Counting roads 11 grape farms take up the same space as 20 libraries, and give 800 more mana per day (yay?) and 30K more culture. Doesn't seem worth the effort to me, but still technically an upgrade.

Same goes for smaller buildings. A treants grave would beat out a Weeping Willow per square if you don't add in the roads.

DeletedUser1677

Keep in mind that libraries need more roads. Counting roads 11 grape farms take up the same space as 20 libraries, and give 800 more mana per day (yay?) and 30K more culture. Doesn't seem worth the effort to me, but still technically an upgrade.

Same goes for smaller buildings. A treants grave would beat out a Weeping Willow per square if you don't add in the roads.
Hmm yeah, that's true.

http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/b19196200b414fd5942136e5d624f8e6/
My new plan for halflings. Still got enough culture, but more mana :)
(Have only build Spring grove, so no idea if I have too many farms or fields :) )

SoggyShorts

(Have only build Spring grove, so no idea if I have too many farms or fields :) )
After a quick look at the wiki, it seems like a
grain field with level 4 portal should make 200 grain per hour, or 1200 grain in 6h
carrot field with level 4 portal makes 36 per hour, or 216 per 6 hours
A level 1 farm consumes 1200 grain and 80 carrots in 6h

Soo a level 4 farm should consume more than 2 grains and a carrot. I think. Kinda rushed this. Will run numbers better later

DeletedUser1677

After a quick look at the wiki, it seems like a
grain field with level 4 portal should make 200 grain per hour, or 1200 grain in 6h
carrot field with level 4 portal makes 36 per hour, or 216 per 6 hours
A level 1 farm consumes 1200 grain and 80 carrots in 6h

Soo a level 4 farm should consume more than 2 grains and a carrot. I think. Kinda rushed this. Will run numbers better later
I'm probably gonna do some calculation again at some time. Just too tired to do it now :p
But if I got too many farms, maybe I could switch some of them to fields. Requires a bit of thinking and puzzle, so maybe another day :)

DeletedUser1247

builder helper has no effect upgrading barracks, this is 2nd time i am upgrading to halflings style barrack and its using the full time