• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Guaranteed Chest reward from visits

DeletedUser1657

Background:
  • 2 wonders (with new race) will provide benefits from chests found while visiting neighbours
  • New mobile (and hopefully soon browser) visits are fast but you do not need to enter a town so do not obtain a chest from visits.
Idea:
Have the chest appear automatically after a fixed set of visits. Let say 10 visits for 1 chest in this suggestion. A person can then either do 30 fast visits for all chests or visit towns and potentially do less visits for those chests (as it is now)

Benefits
  • This would encourage more visits and to neighbours not just fellowship
  • Enhance the usefulness of the wonders in terms of usability
  • Sets the basis of a user friendly mechanic for other future wonders that may use the chest mechanic for rewards.
Downsides
  • People would not see other peoples towns unless choosing to do so. Although this will happen with the new visit process anyway.
  • Likely that the current random chests would also be forced to 10 visits for 1 chest due to programming needs

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 60152

I like this idea - but I would respectfully ask that INNO consider removing the current limit on chests from 3 to a percentage of provinces completed. Say 2.5 percent. For someone like me who has scouted and cleared 425 provinces that means I could potentially find 11 chests.

With adding T4 (and potentially T5 and T6 goods) and not adding any expansion slots; players will have to cut back on T1, T2 and T3 manufactories to add the new goods in - making finding extra goods during visits even more critical - this will help offset losing the basic goods manufactories.

If this makes sense - then a new wonder could be introduced with the chapter that gives us T6 goods - one that boosts the percentage used to calculate the max number of chests that can be found during visits.

+1

Marindor

Although the idea does sound nice, we have already forwarded a similar idea quite recently and at the moment, we have no intention to make any changes here so I'll have to archive this thread :)