• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features Group Feature

DeletedUser

Groups

In another game I love, not only could we be in a guild but we can also create small groups. Unlike a guild, you can join as many groups as you want. I don’t know if this is beyond the scope of what the devs can do but some ideas of groups for Elvenar could be:

1. Trading groups – I think this could even be beneficial to fellowships putting 9 people in a group for each of their boosted goods. And then those 9 are always helping each other. Each person could be in 3 groups. (or for finding people to help with that darn accept trade quest in an event)

2. Wonder groups – if a fellowship isn’t active with wonder building you could make a group(s) to help each other or if a fellowship is active and they want to group several people together and those individuals in a group each help each other based on how many kps they want to donate to a wonder.

3. Social groups

4. Neighbor groups – make a group of known neighbors that routinely visit

5. Event Groups-I’ve seen some people who are exceptional at organizing events in this game. Maybe they can create groups for people to help them maximize the most out of the event.

6. Teaching groups – maybe someone needs help with strategy or confidence to battle and people who are good with this can help others. Or if someone isn’t sure how to build their city and want to learn how others build them

7. Leveling groups – people who want to level together and stay in the same chapter as each other

8. Fellowship Adventure Groups- Group people by their tasks and what they can do for each adventure based on their chapter or their preference of what they make (donate)

I’m sure there could be some downsides to some of these but just throwing out some ideas. A search feature would need to be added to find a group you wanted to be in, but no invites please. I’ve seen people who have small closed fellowships who don’t participate in fellowship adventures or even tournaments but want to be together, this could be another way for them to always be together, instead of a closed fellowship designed for 20+ people and the activities tied to those fellowships.

Features it would include:

· Chat

· Golden hand thingees

· Kick

· Maybe a ranking system that remains private for a group that is routinely changing. However, that ranking system should be tied to the actual group and the person and not something that would hinder a person from joining a different group. A person shouldn’t be punished because they got into a group that didn’t end up being the right fit for them. But if they return to the group maybe they automatically have to request to join if their ranking was low.

· Open groups as well as closed ones

· A limit of 9 people

· Mini forum

SoggyShorts

As Loki said, there are litterally fellowships for almost each of those groups in various combinations.
For example you can find a fellowship that is a learning/teaching fellowship that does tournaments but no fellowship adventures or vice versa.

Especially your number one suggestion above, trading groups, is exactly what 90% of fellowships are.o_O

I'd be happier with the few more tabs In chat
help
trade
global 1 through 10,
whisper,
Officers
etc

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

As Loki said, there are litterally fellowships for almost each of those groups in various combinations.
For example you can find a fellowship that is a learning/teaching fellowship that does tournaments but no fellowship adventures or vice versa.

Especially your number one suggestion above, trading groups, is exactly what 90% of fellowships are.o_O

I'd be happier with the few more tabs In chat
help
trade
global 1 through 10,
whisper,
Officers
etc

The spoke about global chat in the last Q&A and the answer why it did not exist on elvenar was simply because it takes to much effort to properly moderate.
it requires 24/7 moderation and with the lack of team members especially on the smaller servers this will be a headache.

btw. I am all in for a global chat, I would love to have one. but I do understand there point of vieuw.

SoggyShorts

I've played various other games and it's worked fine:
Just make global 1 strict with a report feature, and the rest of the globals free for all.
Simple 1 week 1 month and permanent bans work too.
They have the forums with volunteer mods, chat would be no different.

Sometimes I feel like the developers have never even checked out the competition to see what actually is possible.

DeletedUser

For fellowships having groups allows for better organization in just about everything. Having been in fellowships, I know there is a need for this. Instead of circular messages it’s groups within a fellowship. Not everyone who is in a fellowship likes those circular messages. I’ve seen people leave fellowships over circular messages.

@SoggyShorts, for trading groups it would be tied to the trading window. Having been in a fellowship, I know that one person can be inundated trying to meet everyone’s demand. Therefore, if Group 1 is only catering to 9 people it’s less demand on each of them. The groups allow you to organize by however a fellowship wants to organize it. If they want to make a group of tier 1 Marble producers and rotate who trades marble, or separate traders by chapter, it’s simply a better way to organize your fellowship.

To clarify, I was giving examples of how one might use groups.

And for people who aren't in a fellowship, groups will also enhance their game. The first group I would make is the "Itty Bitty Traders Group" for chapter 2 players and then maybe "I Ain't gonna be in a FS" group

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyWizard

I've played various other games and it's worked fine:
Just make global 1 strict with a report feature, and the rest of the globals free for all.
Simple 1 week 1 month and permanent bans work too.
They have the forums with volunteer mods, chat would be no different.

Sometimes I feel like the developers have never even checked out the competition to see what actually is possible.

FoE has global chat so they do know.

SoggyShorts

FoE has global chat so they do know.
I'm not convinced that timon et al know about FoE either :rolleyes::p
@SoggyShorts, for trading groups it would be tied to the trading window. Having been in a fellowship, I know that one person can be inundated trying to meet everyone’s demand.
In a decent FS all goods are made in about equal numbers, and since all goods are required equally, this really shouldn't be an issue.
You should have 7-8 players making each type of good, so its already more like taking care of 2 players each, not 9.

To be clear I'm not against this idea of groups I'm saying that it exists and it's called fellowships. If you want to add more and better tools for fellowships to communicate Within, then I'm all for it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I’m not sure what tool would be good for a fellowship to better communicate with, you already have chat and circular messages. You should suggest them, why would I suggest things for a fellowship? If suggestions for fellowships, don't impact my game, I really don't care what someone wants. Suggest away.

I’m talking about organization. A group within a group can be a powerful tool, if one is a good organizer. If you’re not a good organizer, you might not know how to use such a tool.

I’m asking for groups for people who are not in fellowships and giving examples of how a fellowship might use them. Don’t want to use them, you don’t have to.

SoggyShorts

Mmhmm and I'm saying that since most players are in fellowships, and fellowships already exist, improving those fellowships might be an idea with broader appeal.

Also, I dont see how suggestions for fellowships don't impact your game. Fellowships could change to a point where you'd like to be in one.

Your suggestions in this thread are so close to suggesting the creation of something called fellowships that I am dying to know: what do you have against fellowships? Whatever it is perhaps fellowships can be improved and or tweaked so that you do want to be in one... Maybe we'll even change the name of fellowships to...."groups"?;)

DeletedUser

Honestly @SoggyShorts if this were a forum that was strictly for fellowship ideas and suggestions, I wouldn't even come here.

If a fellowship suggestion, doesn't impact my game, why should I care? If a fellowship suggestion, does impact my game, that's a different situation. But the only one I've even seen was a recent one of edeba wanting to block applications. Doesn't affect me, block away. If I read the fellowship page, and it requires a certain score or chapter, I wouldn't hit that apply button, if I don't fit those parameters set by Edeba. Obviously people do since it's a frustration for Edeba, and I get it. Now if someone suggested that fellowship players can't trade with people who aren't in their fellowships or in global, that might affect my game.

A group would, in a way, make a fellowship bigger by allowing people outside of the fellowship to be partially grouped with it. Maybe there is a fellowship that is superior in wonder upgrading and has a stellar wonder upgrading program, but its full. I can't join it, but I'd like to be a part of their wonder upgrading program and by adding a group that is attached to it that doesn't have access to the fs neighbor visits, the fellowship adventures, the tournaments, I'd find pretty cool.

If not, I could create a group of 5 or 9. Let's say the "Golden Abyss wonder program group", and people who want to upgrade their golden abyss joins the group. Once they are done, they leave the group, they're not affecting scores, leaving someone in a lurch for less visits, less tourney points, hurting anyone's feelings etc. With groups I could create 1 for each of the wonders and run multiple groups. With fellowships, I can only create 1.

SoggyShorts

Have you seen "wonder societies" ?It sounds like what you're looking for (at least in this 1 specific example) and you don't needs to be in a FS to join one. There's a video explaining them on GOK I think.

As for your entire motive, I think I get it now.
With "groups" you can pick and choose which aspects you want a team for... Frankenstein-like.
Perhaps there isn't a FS that suits your desires perfectly (I.e.one with great benefits and no expectations other than what you do normally)
If so, perhaps there are other players who also are having hard time finding the perfect fit, and maybe would benefit from the group's style buffet.

DeletedUser

That is exactly right, @SoggyShorts

Wonders is just one example. @Wowwie I appreciate your input but things should be in-game, but I liked that you used the word “group” A forum is for everyone and in the regular forums I’d have to go to each world and post stuff like this. If it’s in game, there is no question that something like this exists. It’s right there in front of your face.

Here’s another example. Let’s say all of those empty provinces we’ve completed turn into monster hunting encounters, like in castle age where you fight dragons. It takes 6 people for the encounter each bringing one type of unit to battle it and you need alchemy items from a paid diamond alchemy building. If no one in your fs has a diamond paid alchemy building, but there’s another fellowship that everyone has it, or solo people who have it, you build groups. Or if people in your fs have no interest in participating in them, boot them? Or find someone outside of the fs who really wants to do them.

But yes, @SoggyShorts, I haven’t found my perfect fit. I was close once, but the archmage left and it changed the whole dynamics of the fs. I have been kicked for having the wrong boosted goods, having all 3 tier 1 goods, not allowed in some because my score was too low, I have blue maps and it’s hard to get a higher score without going above 3 stars, this is a huge drain on my resources, even though I really like doing tournaments, I can only do so much. 1000 points might not seem like much, but that’s 4 stars for me depending on what chapter I’m in. Left a few, because they didn't do anything and it was cricket city. It is about finding balance, and I haven’t found it yet in any fellowship. Maybe with a group/fellowship environment, we could all find more balance in our games.

SoggyShorts

Hmmm Ive thought about it some more, and after hearing my wife complain again about how hard it is to recruit fellowship members, I'm going to have to say that I'm now dead set against this "groups" idea since it will only make thingd harder for FS.

I totally get that you havent found a group that is a perfect fit, and it's just as hard on the other end, so I fear that if players can just join and leave groups without any commitments, then FS will suffer.

Let's face it, a whole lot of players(Including myself) dont want to go for 10 chests, do all visits, and make stuff for the FA every single time, so if players have an alternative where they can basically join temporary fellowships for just one thing at a time anytime they feel like it, who would pick a fellowship over that?

We have spent over a year gathering together enough like minded players so that we can get ten chests each week, and I'm pretty sure it would be near impossible to do so with "groups" for competition.

Perhaps there it's a way that groups and fellowships could work at the same time, but I'm not seeing it. Groups would basically make FS useless unless I'm missing something?

DeletedUser

1st you need to think of them as separate entities that work together.

2nd You can’t do tournaments or fellowship adventures without a fellowship. Edit: Groups wouldn’t replace that. But groups could help you better organize an adventure by putting all the badge makers in one group, all of the wand makers in another or however you want to organize it. Having circular messages, can get a bit messy.

3rd Fellowships might want to stop excluding others, people will remember. I didn’t even include fs’ that I couldn’t or didn’t dare join because I have all 3 tier 1 goods and already had been told how stupid I am for not taking such valuable advice to demolish them.

Let’s take my monster hunting province for example. In a fellowship, there could be a steel tournament going on in that province, in mine it’s a Platinum dragon encounter! (because in my example monster hunting encounters aren’t fs only)

Your fellowship can’t do it because it’s already occupied by a tournament. With a group, I can have 5 of your members in my group to battle the platinum dragon and they can also do the steel tournament. Who has the best of both worlds? Me with a dragon encounter or your fs members who now has both activities because of groups?

Now fellowships who have a minimum of 1000 points in a tourney, will they change that because they also want to do monster hunting encounters? What about a monster hunting encounter that requires a chapter 2 archer?

If you look at the game as it stands now, maybe it’s harder to see how a group could benefit a fellowship. If the game never changes, how many will even stick around because they are bored to death doing the same thing? I guess I have a little bit more faith in the Elvenar devs that they will continue to add cooler things to the game.

It’s about being able to bend, if you can’t bend, then you break. Maybe there won’t be monster hunting encounters, but how cool would it be if there was?

SoggyShorts

1st you need to think of them as separate entities that work together.
Sure, but if they both offer the same benefits while only one requires a commitment then it's going to end up as replacement, not "working together."
The FS that give the most benefits are also the ones that require the most from their members. This makes sense since you can't exactly get24 visits a day while doing fewer yourself and call it fair. same goes for just about everything in the fellowship you (should) get out what you put in.
2nd You can’t do tournaments or fellowship adventures without a fellowship. Edit: Groups wouldn’t replace that. But groups could help you better organize an adventure by putting all the badge makers in one group, all of the wand makers in another or however you want to organize it. Having circular messages, can get a bit messy.
If Fellowship Adventures are still to be Fellowship only, then groups are what? A communication tool within the fellowship? Like a separate chat tab? Or the ability to out a star/triangle/moon next to a FS members name?
What does "grouping" look like?
3rd Fellowships might want to stop excluding others, people will remember. I didn’t even include fs’ that I couldn’t or didn’t dare join because I have all 3 tier 1 goods and already had been told how stupid I am for not taking such valuable advice to demolish them.
To your third point, fellowships are ideally composed of players with similar goals, so naturally players with different goals aren't going to fit in and should be excluded.

I'm not going to comment on your decision to use non boosted factories other than to say that players who make all kinds of goods themselves are less useful trading partners, and the majority of fellowships make getting useful Traders a priority when recruiting.

Let’s take my monster hunting province for example.
Adding a cool feature like monster hunting sounds great, FS or "group" based, but sounds like an entirely different suggestion, and the motive for adding your group feature can't just be to more easily organize another feature that doesn't yet exist...:p

Last edited:

DeletedUser

How do I upload an image? I've tried and it always shows me a url link