• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fixed [19377] Gridlines Missing on the Battlefield

Preator

Game version: v1.37-(809a9c7bd) (2017-08-18 8:43)
Game world: Beta
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Chrome 60.0.3112.101
Flash Player version: 26.0.0.151
Operating System: Win 10
Screen resolution: 1920*1080
Account name: Preator
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 3/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: N/A

Current situation:
There are no gridlines on the battlefield during tournament fights. Battles of province encounters are fine.
Edit: It happens in both tournament and province battles. Can a moderator please change the subject?

Expected situation:
To have gridlines on the battlefield.

Reproduction Steps
Start a battle.

Screenshots:
FBUvY5o.jpg

Additional Information:
City Graphic Quality: Low
Battle Graphic Quality: High

Last edited:

Preator

@Ritsel I know about the invisible units and pitch black battlefield issues. I have experienced them both many many times before. But the gridlines missing issue is brand new for me. That's why I thought they aren't related, and reported it.

DeletedUser

@Ritsel I know about the invisible units and pitch black battlefield issues. I have experienced them both many many times before. But the gridlines missing issue is brand new for me. That's why I thought they aren't related, and reported it.

Oke that's strange. I have all 3 issues at the moment here on the beta.
In earlier times I also had all 3 issues at the same time on live, that's why I thought they were related

DeletedUser1771

I experienced once battlefield without grid, but cannot reproduce it again. And that half black battlefield. And when you have both at the same time it is impossble to play. Black screen and having grid it makes it difficult, but possible to play. Problem is cause we need to 'catch' the thing which is causing this. My graphic settigs are as Preator's, but i use Firefox. How about you Ritsel?

DeletedUser

I experienced once battlefield without grid, but cannot reproduce it again. And that half black battlefield. And when you have both at the same time it is impossble to play. Black screen and having grid it makes it difficult, but possible to play. Problem is cause we need to 'catch' the thing which is causing this. My graphic settigs are as Preator's, but i use Firefox. How about you Ritsel?

As I wrote here [URL="https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/units-are-invisible-again.8834/"]Units are invisible again[/URL] I'm using Opera.
Battle animation is set high
City animation is set low

Still don't have these problems on live within the same browser and settings

DeletedUser1771

Guys, are you still experiencing this issue? For me it is still cannot reproduce. I cant find any army setup which will cause this. And without exact repro steps I cant confirm issue :(

Preator

Unfortunately, yes I am. But I can't find any reasonable way to reproduce it.
I have currently Marble, Steel, Scrolls and Silk provinces available for fighting. I tried several army setups. I couldn't experience this in Marble, Steel and Scrolls provinces. But in Silk province I have some encounters with and some without gridlines.

Silk Province - Encounter 1:
TlNxsWK.jpg

Silk Province - Encounter 2:
MwomyoR.jpg

However, the tournament is a completely different story. In the current Crystal Tournament, I have 1 full province available for fighting. For all 4 encounters in that province, whatever army setup I choose, I end up always with no gridlines.

DeletedUser1771

I was fighting n all tournaments in last few weeks and whatever I do I get gridline. Ahhhh...what are you doing that I dont? :D

Preator

I am afraid that there must be some other cause for this as well. Here are two screenshots for the same encounter vs.same army of mine. One taken yesterday, one today. The former lacks gridlines whereas the latter doesn't.
Yesterday, all the encounters with at least one Furious Hellhound squad present, had missing gridlines. And all the encounters without any Furious Hellhound was just fine. So, I still think the army setup is one of the causes of this issue, but not the only one.

Yesterdays battlefield:
wyoPCWV.jpg

Todays battlefield:
XjUMMOQ.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser1777

Just have this on worldmap, can't move :(

v1.42.5-(2170c9c06) (2017-11-15 16:40) ) I know it's live, but this shouldn't matter in this case
Chrome Version 62.0.3202.94 (Offizieller Build) (32-Bit)
Flash 27.0.0.187
crystal province

edit:
had the issue two times, both had just one enemy type, maybe that helps with investigating

upload_2017-11-19_9-52-19.png

upload_2017-11-19_9-54-28.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 86059

Sorry @Flabbes we cannot investigate live issues. Please can you report it to the relevant live server ;)

DeletedUser1771

Guys,can you measure speed of your internet connection when this missing grid happens to you?

I experienced this also, as I already said, but for confirmation we need exact repro steps. But maybe this issue doesn't have repro steps and is influenced by some technical issues...maybe..Im without ideas about this missing grid :D

DeletedUser1953

In the past, on chrome (windows 10 Pro 1703 x64 Multiple screen), this happens sometimes (10%) => I use IE, but now, even in IE, it is unplayable too.
5 reload of browser (2 chrome/3 IE) => 15 battles => 100% grid hidden.
Only on beta, live server are working.
Internet connection : 60Mb/15Mb

Edit : i tried on another computer (windows 10 Pro 1709 x64 by rdp) => same problem => 100% grid hidden in IE & chrome.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser724

I attached 2 image capture in beta world and game world

in beta world, those gridline are missing
in game world, it show gridline and where my archer can move...etc

as i run both beta world and game world together
they are co-exist, same browser (google chrome ), same operating ystem (window)..everythign are the same

it is defeinitely the recent update result "lost gridline in battel-field"

please find it and correct it

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_93 Nov. 29 08.11.jpg
    ScreenHunter_93 Nov. 29 08.11.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 154
  • ScreenHunter_92 Nov. 29 07.57.jpg
    ScreenHunter_92 Nov. 29 07.57.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 192