• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Golem Stats

DeletedUser

Hi,
I cannot train Golems at the moment but there is an info-button in my barracks for the golem. When I click, the stats say that it is a long ranged unit. So far so good. But the attack range is a little bit short, isn't it?

DeletedUser58

I believe the "long ranged" in this case is only used as a unit type. Meaning certain attack/defense bonuses of other units will apply to it.

There's a Steinling unit on the map who is "long ranged" and only has a range of 4. Other "long range" units such as the Mortar unit actually have 14 range. Basically what I'm trying to say is I think the range is correct, it's the name of the unit type that is misleading.

DeletedUser

The mortar was the unit I had in mind as comparison. I have not seen other "long ranged" units so far.

My point was (as yours): When it is classed as "long ranged" then other units have a bonus against the golem and the golem has one against others. This bonus is too heavy or too weak - I have no fighting experience -, when the Golem cannot attack from long range but rather fights as a "ranged" unit. But it seems to be intended compared to the mentioned Steinling. :-(
I think I'll play as human on the other servers....

Last edited by a moderator: