• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

[New Feature] Give all timers free reset at 2 minutes

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

edeba

Summary
Implement a "Finish Now" button which becomes green when timers get under 2 minutes.

Description
The really small time instants aren't that useful in that you usually have quite a few buildings you are trying to get done and there is so much clicking and time used to actually use them.

Just make them so if you are actively playing, you can click to finish the timer without an instance from 2 minutes, so the button changes from the green counter to "finish now."

Another game I played did this and it was a great feature.

Motivation
Because a little bit of time is always lost in collecting resources, making able to skip 2 minutes would make sure you can keep a 24-hour cycle really at 24 hours.

Possible downsides
The only place in terms of the timers that it makes a big difference is the minute supply timers, but, who cares? You still have to sit there and click like crazy to take advantage and it isn't sustainable. Also: Would make the smaller Time Reduction Instants less valuable.

Last edited by a moderator:

maxiqbert

I think this is the only way where 24 hours+ can end each day at the same time.
I'm thinking tome of secrets here, or trading post...

Of course it could be abused for beverages, but if you're mad enough to do this, you deserve the reward lol

Marindor

What I miss in this suggestion is what would be the benefit game wise, besides even more clicking to finish things a bit earlier, which to me sounds more cumbersome. Could you eleborate on that, @edeba?

DeletedUser724

just like the daily visit, it is not 24 hours
it is 23 hours, it allow us to do daily visit more freedom, it allow 1 hour-buffer time to re-visit
if it is 24 hours, your next re-visit to any player is more than 24 hour as it push 1 another, say 24.01 hor
next ..become 48.02 hour..... eventually it go to your inconventient time (e.g. your sleeping time ) , then it become a great push of 8 hour (if it is your bed time)

I do suggest..
98% of re-set time
e.g.
workshop for 24 hour, 98% become 23.52 hour, it is 23 hour 31.2 min when start count-down, it allow you to have 28 to 29 min to reset workshop for 24 hour
workshop for 1 hour, 98% become 58.8 mins when start count-down, it allow you to have 1.2 mins to reset workshop for 1 hour production
workshop for 5 mins, 98% become 4 mins 54 seconds when start count-down, it allow you to have 6 seconds to reset workshop for 5 mins
with such arrangement, you can schedule reset those goods, supplies production, mana, seeds, soldier..etc in a daily schdule time (e.g. b4 sleep, b4 go to work, b4 taking meals, b4 attend class...)

The current arrangement
e.g. if u plan start in workshop for 24 hour in 11 pm, your next start workshop must be later than 11pm as u need those workshop to mature at 11pm 1st

If reset time can start as i suggest
so u can collect b4 11pm, and re-start in 11pm without pushing

of course, the reset timer need to be investigate (e.g. variable count-down ..)
e.g.
24 hour can have start count-down timer as 23 hour 55 mins, to narrow down the range such that player cannot take too much advantage
while
5 mins can have start count-down timer as 4 min 50 seconds, to allow more flexible for player to start tons of workshop (e.g. during FA )

SoggyShorts

@SoggyShorts that won't work on small amount productions like 1KP/24h
Sure it does, that's exactly what I had in mind and works perfectly.

The building no longer makes 1 KP every 24h, instead, it makes 2 KP every 48h with the first one collectible after 24h.

From 0-23h59m you can collect nothing
From 24h00m to 47h59m you can collect that 1 KP (and if you do it queues a 3rd KP in the background)
From 48h- infinity the clock stops and you can collect the 2 KP resetting the clock.

Think of it like the barracks or magic academy that you don't have to set.

Last edited:

Karvest

current implementation of early collect works different - you loose all time spent between last tick of produced good and time you click collect...

SoggyShorts

current implementation of early collect works different - you loose all time spent between last tick of produced good and time you click collect...
Sorry was editing while you posted.
So the above system can't work without programming overhaul?

Dony

King of Bugs
Sorry was editing while you posted.
So the above system can't work without programming overhaul?
1 line of code for extending timer with every collect
1 line of code to prevent resetting of timer
5 min max for coding
few days of beta testing
ready for release

edeba

Another game I played made it so that if you were there, you could finish the production once it was down to 2 minutes. It was great, and way easier than the instants. If you have 15 buildings to collect, those 1 and 3 minute instants are kind of useless, the one minute ones because they just take more time then they are worth to use, and the 3 minute ones because you will simply run out very quickly.

Sure on the odd short timing, it was very beneficial in that you could do them considerably faster, for example, 5 minute supplies, but for most things you are just evening out collection, for example, you collected on mobile last time and now you are on the computer using hotkeys and even thought using hotkeys is way faster, it isn't if your last collection was done on the mobile. Sometimes you miss collecting something, and with using the hotkeys, sometimes the reset isn't accepted, so you often get an uneven collection. This just evens it out regardless of what happened last time you collected. For a long time I wondered how I was missing resetting items before I realized the game doesn't always keep up with hotkeys.

I think 24 hour timers for collection should be 23 hours and 55 minutes to enable people to actually collect once per day, and long timers with goods/supplies/coins should just have early collection features.

And as far as more clicking to collect early and more encumbersome, that just isn't true, it would be way less encumbersome than instants, and more power to anyone motivated enough to be doing 5 minute supplies on a 3 minute window.... Most of us are beyond interest in that, except when we have "collect 70 beverages" or -gag- something like that for collecting badges in the FA.

Karvest

23:55 is not enough for comfortable daily production reset.
IMHO, there shouldn't even be 24h timers, it should be done like NH cooldown - 23h (may be with a bit lower production value than now). 12h/48h - same way.
You should be able to reset production/collect wonders without shifting up your game schedule each day...

Marindor

Hi everyone! Due to not reaching the minimum number of required voters, we'll now archive this thread :)