• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle Get rid of the battleground obstacles

FieryArien

I know it doesn't sound nice: but that is the choice because this was always the case, it's not as if something changed. When you start Elvenar you know that app and pc are different on minor and some major (like this one) details. It is not alright to blame the game and deny other players their game just because you do not like this.
Actually not true. When I discovered Elvenar, it was an app. It said it’s a city building game and it didn’t say anything about browser. So not only I knew nothing about the differences, but I didn’t even know the browser version existed. Yes, I found out eventually, but by that time I already liked the game.

Anyway, this isn’t an argument for removing manual fight from browser. ;-) Just an argument that (in my opinion) being pure app player is a valid configuration and shouldn’t be discarded with “that’s your choice/your fault”. ;-)

EDIT: I do have access to browser if I really really need to, so I can’t honestly label myself “pure app player” (even though I don’t use browser). But I believe there indeed are some.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

Please, be precise if you want to put words in someone else mouth ;-)
I was precise. You are the one refusing to use a computer: the platform this game is originally designed for.
It would be a choice if you would be able to play on pc, but if you can just play on app (and cannot afford a pc) and there is no manual fighting on app, this is definitely not a choice ;-) At most it is an INNO choice not to develop manual fighting on app :)
Oh, come on.
1. You chose to play this game on the app with the features that the app has.
2. A used, internet-capable laptop costs $50-100 which is cheaper than the average used elvenar capable mobile device.
3. Public libraries and schools also offer computer access.

If none of the above applies to you because you are from a country/family that is poor beyond the above points, then maybe, just maybe you aren't part of Inno's target demographic.
Actually not true. When I discovered Elvenar, it was an app. It said it’s a city building game and it didn’t say anything about browser. So not only I knew nothing about the differences, but I didn’t even know the browser version existed. Yes, I found out eventually, but by that time I already liked the game.

Anyway, this isn’t an argument for removing manual fight from browser. ;-) Just an argument that (in my opinion) being pure app player is a valid configuration and shouldn’t be discarded with “that’s your choice/your fault”. ;-)
But the thing is you got what you chose.
Let's say you discover a car, buy it, and enjoy it.
Then later you find out that there is another model that has air conditioning which yours doesn't have.
Unfortunately, the model you chose can't be upgraded.
@spennyit would ask the manufacturer to remove air conditioning from all cars

The point is, that sadly the game has features on both platforms that are superior.
PC has manual fighting as an option

Mobile has
fast world visits, and autofocus next province for tournaments

Should platforms be made WORSE to make them equal? Absolutely not.
graphics.png

Last edited:

Aeva

that’s your choice/your fault
Pure app player is a valid configuration. That doesn't mean that you should assume that app and browser are exactly the same. These kind of games never are.
I did not say nor mean that it is 'your fault'. In my opinion that is not the same and/or synonymous (unless we have a major language issue here). If you make a choice there are always consequences. That goes also if you do not know about the differences. Unless someone tries to trick you. And that is not the case with manual fighting on the browser only.

Last edited:

little bee

Mmm ... "easy" neighborly help is available both on app and pc ;-) Having a functionality or NOT having a functionality is a completely different issue ;-)

BTW, if it were just me, I would cancel the app at all (I just play on pc), but I think that INNO business does not allow it and many people who are able to play on app only will not be happy :)

So it is fine that many people are not able to enjoy your way of playing, because you can do it and you don't bother for other people? Or you are ready to buy a pc to all people who cannot afford it?

I am very annoyed that INNO claims to want a "fair game", but it is just able to develop a "fair game" for some aspects and not for others ;-) They just should be honest: they redo functionalities (and created the app) just because they want to earn more money and they don't care of players.

First of all, on the browser version the easy neighborly help exists only for your fellowship and news; on the app it exists for the world map. So there is definitively a difference.
Secondly, yes I do think it is fair that not everyone can play the same game, in the same quality, if they lack the hardware. Anyone is responsible for buying the devices on which they want to play for themself. Otherwise all internet games would have to be abolished copletly. After all, there are still places in the world without internet connection.

What I would consider unfair is, if the manual fighting of the browser players created large balancing problems for the app players. This would for example be the case, if browser player were consistently getting massively more PoP spells than the app players. Then the designers would have to assume that all workshops on browser are constantly enchanted and they would have to change the needed amount accordingly. This would indeed be unfair to the app players. However this is not the case. On the contrary, it is the players using autofight who are causing the balancing issues. So there is absolutly no need to complain about manual fight being unfair.

spennyit

It is not alright to blame the game and deny other players their game just because you do not like this.
You are right. I just want to blame INNO who claim that they want a "fair game", but in fact they are not able to implement a fair game!!! :)

spennyit

1. You chose to play this game on the app with the features that the app has.
It seems you read want you want to read although it is clearly written in a different way: I am a pc only player (see #37 in this thread) :cool:

By the way, please gift a pc to all app only players :cool:

spennyit

What I would consider unfair is, if the manual fighting of the browser players created large balancing problems for the app players. This would for example be the case, if browser player were consistently getting massively more PoP spells than the app players. Then the designers would have to assume that all workshops on browser are constantly enchanted and they would have to change the needed amount accordingly. This would indeed be unfair to the app players. However this is not the case. On the contrary, it is the players using autofight who are causing the balancing issues. So there is absolutly no need to complain about manual fight being unfair.
This is what happens with the new tournament system (not having access to manual fighting) :) So, in your vision ("it is the players using autofight who are causing the balancing issues"), are the app players (who just have the autofight mode) that cause the balancing issues???

little bee

This is what happens with the new tournament system (not having access to manual fighting) :) So, in your vision ("it is the players using autofight who are causing the balancing issues"), are the app players (who just have the autofight mode) that cause the balancing issues???
The balancing issues are created by multiple players doing 40+ provinces. From what I read on this forum, most of those are using autofight, regardless of whether they have a pc or not. And unless I missunderstood, you yourself are one of them.

spennyit

The balancing issues are created by multiple players doing 40+ provinces. From what I read on this forum, most of those are using autofight, regardless of whether they have a pc or not. And unless I missunderstood, you yourself are one of them.
Definitely I am NOT doing 40+ provinces!!!! 20 is my target :)

little bee

Definitely I am NOT doing 40+ provinces!!!! 20 is my target :)
Good, then you are not creating balancing problems for the app players. And since you do have a pc, it is your own choice whether to fight manually or not. So why exactly do you want to remove it?

Aeva

The balancing issues are created by multiple players doing 40+ provinces. From what I read on this forum, most of those are using autofight, regardless of whether they have a pc or not.
Now you are being nasty. There is nothing wrong doing 40+ provinces. If you can you can. It just shows you have skills. And nobody needs to be jealous of someone else having skills. And for the record I do 50+ in live every week, partly auto but mostly manual because I like to have an army left when I am finished. It's great fun.

spennyit

Good, then you are not creating balancing problems for the app players. And since you do have a pc, it is your own choice whether to fight manually or not. So why exactly do you want to remove it?
Just because it is unfair towards they who cannot have it :) And stimulate INNO to add it to app :)

Enevhar Aldarion

Now you are being nasty. There is nothing wrong doing 40+ provinces. If you can you can. It just shows you have skills. And nobody needs to be jealous of someone else having skills. And for the record I do 50+ in live every week, partly auto but mostly manual because I like to have an army left when I am finished. It's great fun.

To have that much spare time to manually fight must be nice. Maybe I will be able to do that some day when I am retired.

little bee

I'm sorry, if I sounded nasty. I did not mean to blame any individual players. Of course everyone capable of playing 40+ provinces is entitled to do so. And it is great, if you are having fun doing it. I'm just saying that it can create balancing problems, when one group of players gets 40 PoP spells per week and others get none. Obviously, this is the fault of the rules and not the players. We should, however, keep it in mind when lobbying for certain rulechanges.

Karvest

But no one forced you to be in the group which get none with old tourneys... it was just a matter of effort.
Now you can't get that high on regular basis without high level timewarp and polar bear (or many polar bears) + high spire participation + catching all recipe cycles in MA + manual fights to half the costs. (Latter not really needed if you have enough of brown bears. Btw, adding a few more expiring buildings by using diamonds to reroll recipes in MA would have bigger impact on tourney performance than manual fight). Or without specifically crafted city that abuses new tourney/spire formula with extremely small catering costs (not capable to play any other activities in elvenar).

Last edited:

Yogi Dave

Ummm, isn't this thread "Get rid of the battleground obstacles"? Seems like that should be the main focus of the discussion.

While it would be nice to have manual on mobile and some day it might actually happen, I doubt it will be soon. However, a very simple schematic of the arena for the mobile app and, hopefully, for the pc which can be quickly loaded could probably be implemented fairly quickly. Obviously, not as quickly as removing the obstacles, but doing that removes too much from the game in my opinion. Here is an example of two arenas I made back in March (which explains the 8 numbers on the enemy side).

2Arena.png
Back to the idea: Perhaps the terrains just need tweaking. AFAIK they have never been updated and the "mirror image" of them doesn't even exist.
Are you saying to make each arena symmetrical or to have the mirror image of each arena possible for both us and the enemy? Your drawing suggest the former. I don't mind the arena not being symmetrical as long as the enemy has an equal chance of getting the mirror image.