• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Battle Get rid of the battleground obstacles

galrond

thx Karvest

I can see, that there´s a great overrepresentation of LR. Is that due to it being a planks tournament?
I remember INNO saying, that they would make enemy selection more dependent on province type, than first intended (total random).
That over 1/4 of the LR was mistwalkers is no surprise. There´s only 3 different 3* LR after all (unless wiki is wrong).

edit: I see that you have posted the crystal tourney as well. And the troop selection indeed is dependent of province type. Thx. again Karvest.

Last edited:

T6583

I agree with some of the points in how removing the obstacles could be problemmatic. And since there is no indication that manual fighting is coming to mobile any time soon then why not just give us a preview of the battle field. I know that this has been something that has been asked for mutliple times over in the past. I believe I remember reading a post about this maybe as long as 2 years ago. Someone even had put together images showing where it could be and how it would work. Has Inno given any reason on why they're not willing to give a preview?

Lovec Krys

Has Inno given any reason on why they're not willing to give a preview?
Probably two reasons. One - would require additional coding, Two - to increase our losses (since many(probably majority) of us are not wiling to do the slow manual combat).

Dony

King of Bugs
Thanks for feedback ! I understand why removing obstacles would make manual fights overall harder as we won't be able to use obstacles to our benefit so that enemy counterunits can't touch us (added this to the cons list). However, as I think AI isn't smart enough to do this anyway, I'm not sure why it would make autofights harder. Could you give more detail about this ?
I dont know if you have tried this new tournament on Beta or on EN, but first provinces are so easy that even random combination can kill them, and exactly that will happen when you meet 2x-3x more enemies, doesnt matter what their composition would be (exception would be 5x same class), it would be too easy for enemy, unless you use much more HP% boosters.
Enemy AI doesnt matter much here, because once they get to you on turn 2, they can dance around you nicely. And i believe that this would lead to overall more loses, especially against 4-5 classes.

Second problem is that if you save enough LR boosters (around 20) you can one shot every enemy with your rangers includinding deserters and have zero loses whole 2 tournaments. Only exception is mistwalkers. And i dont think developers want that. With obstacles this strategy is not possible.

SoggyShorts

So I just did the spire, mostly on Auto but I ran into a few that I couldn't win. When I used the same troop composition in manual fighting I was able to win with a little clever maneuvering.
As much as I hate random dumb losses from getting that map with the wall on the left, losing the ability to outwit the AI would be a sad loss imo.

justpeeking

Why everybody campaign against common sense? The missing feature must be added to the mobile app, not removed from the desktop!
Asking for remove obstacles or the entire manual fight is like asking for removal of kp exchange of AWs from the desktop or even AWs entirely, back at the time when kp exchange was not possible on mobile. How does it sounds? No wonder, nobody was campaigning for such a nonsense. Please use common sense and stop campaigning for something which make absolutely no sense! Thanks.

spennyit

The missing feature must be added to the mobile app, not removed from the desktop!
You are right, but it seems that INNO is unable to do that. The only remaining solution is to remove it from pc interface so to have a fair environment. At least until INNO develops it for app (it will "never" happen).

SoggyShorts

The only remaining solution is to remove it from pc interface so to have a fair environment.
Umm, what? Just because you choose not to play on PC you want to take away an aspect of the game that others have enjoyed for years before the mobile app was even invented? Yeah, no thanks.

"I choose not to eat cookies, therefore no one else should be allowed to choose!"
-spennyit

little bee

Manual fight should be removed from game since it is not available in the app version.
And I suppose in return you want the easy neighborly help removed from the app? Because that is exactly the same situation. A feature that is implemented on one device but too difficult to implement on the other. So in the name of "fairness" everyone would loose. Is that what you want to accomplish?

The least they can do is to give us some kind of the terrain preview.
And no, I'm not going to play the game called: Spend double the time with the manual fighting for half of the prizes.
A preview would obiously be nice for everyone. But please stop acting like your playstyle is the only acceptable one. Some of us enjoy the manual fighting. In fact for me, it is the main appeal of the tournament. And without the terraint the fights would just be boring.
The huge rewards some players are getting in the tournaments are creating real balancing problems. It is fair enogh that you take advantage of the current system that allows you get so many rewards with almost no work. But now you are actively campaining to destroy the game for everyone else, just so you can create even more balancing issues.

Aeva

If manual fighting is out, I am out.
A lot of the gamechange is acceptable or adaptable, and that is called progress.
But removing manual is a big stap backwards. In the old days every RPG had very simple fighting, remove manual and it's the nineties again.
If you do not like fighting you play the app and if you do you don't. That is called a choice.

spennyit

And I suppose in return you want the easy neighborly help removed from the app? Because that is exactly the same situation. A feature that is implemented on one device but too difficult to implement on the other. So in the name of "fairness" everyone would loose. Is that what you want to accomplish?
Mmm ... "easy" neighborly help is available both on app and pc ;-) Having a functionality or NOT having a functionality is a completely different issue ;-)

BTW, if it were just me, I would cancel the app at all (I just play on pc), but I think that INNO business does not allow it and many people who are able to play on app only will not be happy :)

spennyit

Some of us enjoy the manual fighting. In fact for me, it is the main appeal of the tournament. And without the terraint the fights would just be boring.
So it is fine that many people are not able to enjoy your way of playing, because you can do it and you don't bother for other people? Or you are ready to buy a pc to all people who cannot afford it?

I am very annoyed that INNO claims to want a "fair game", but it is just able to develop a "fair game" for some aspects and not for others ;-) They just should be honest: they redo functionalities (and created the app) just because they want to earn more money and they don't care of players.

spennyit

If you do not like fighting you play the app and if you do you don't. That is called a choice.
It would be a choice if you would be able to play on pc, but if you can just play on app (and cannot afford a pc) and there is no manual fighting on app, this is definitely not a choice ;-) At most it is an INNO choice not to develop manual fighting on app :)

Aeva

if you can just play on app (and cannot afford a pc)
I know it doesn't sound nice: but that is the choice because this was always the case, it's not as if something changed. When you start Elvenar you know that app and pc are different on minor and some major (like this one) details. It is not alright to blame the game and deny other players their game just because you do not like this.