• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

General opinions of the game with the new Haflings era.

DeletedUser1581

I really liked this game, but I'm starting to have enough. I can't see the fun in tearing apart the town with every new era. Because you have to.
The settlements taking too much space! You can't even choose the number of fields that you want to place out, you put a quest that you have to have 12 fields, this is an unoptional quest. I can take that the buildings changes size, that is more an interesting challange.

The number of expansions with at least, the latest era are to few. I can't say the exact number of buildings that changes size, but it's not equivalent to the expansions, and to get one new expantion piece with fighting, it would take me almost a month, I don't think that is realistic.

Dony

King of Bugs
I can't see the fun in tearing apart the town with every new era. Because you have to.
You dont have to, you just choose to do it with your gameplay, if you dont want to, you just need to adjust your gameplay.
you put a quest that you have to have 12 fields, this is an unoptional quest
They adding diamonds as a reward for main quest chain, so expecting that quest to be easy and get free diamonds is not realistical.

ophion

35 hours to upgrade the Halflings barracks to level 29....
This game is fast becoming the equivalent of watching paint dry!

Dony

King of Bugs
35 hours to upgrade the Halflings barracks to level 29....
This game is fast becoming the equivalent of watching paint dry!
I dont want to spoil it too much for you, but there is coming something which will reduce time (quite dramatically in some cases)

DeletedUser2003

I used to play Kingdoms of Camelot. Level 10 Relief Station (which helped with troop speed) took 516 hours to upgrade (that is 21.5 DAYS if you don't have your calculator handy). Protective city wall was half that at lvl 10, and so was castle. So, still over 10 and a half days for each. Yeah, times be long here for some things, but I guess it's all relative? :eek:;)

Last edited by a moderator:

ophion

The whole point of playing an online game to me is relaxation from daily hassles from real life...and to spend a few hours doing something I enjoy...but if everything I try to do in the game takes days to get an end result...then I'm going to get very bored and look elsewhere. To scout a province takes a day or more...to upgrade a building at my level can take several days...to create goods to make something from them takes hours and hours etc etc...so you see my point?
There isn't anything to do to occupy a couple of hours in Elvenar except visit fellowship members because everything else takes days to complete. As I said before...watching paint dry isn't entertaining.
We have to have some kind of instant gratification no matter how small just to keep the interest, otherwise it just becomes a drag...and if a game becomes a drag then why continue to play it?
The devs need to be aware that they are slowing this game down far too much in every aspect of gameplay and unless they come up with something that can fulfil a need in most of us to play a game for a couple of hours before bedtime to unwind...and not have us wait a week for a result...they are going to lose a lot of people that loved this game through boredom...and that would be very sad.

DeletedUser118

The whole point of playing an online game to me is relaxation from daily hassles from real life...and to spend a few hours doing something I enjoy...but if everything I try to do in the game takes days to get an end result...then I'm going to get very bored and look elsewhere. To scout a province takes a day or more...to upgrade a building at my level can take several days...to create goods to make something from them takes hours and hours etc etc...so you see my point?
There isn't anything to do to occupy a couple of hours in Elvenar except visit fellowship members because everything else takes days to complete. As I said before...watching paint dry isn't entertaining.
We have to have some kind of instant gratification no matter how small just to keep the interest, otherwise it just becomes a drag...and if a game becomes a drag then why continue to play it?
The devs need to be aware that they are slowing this game down far too much in every aspect of gameplay and unless they come up with something that can fulfil a need in most of us to play a game for a couple of hours before bedtime to unwind...and not have us wait a week for a result...they are going to lose a lot of people that loved this game through boredom...and that would be very sad.

What about tournaments?

ophion

@Katzenprinz...I have no interest at all in battles/tournaments etc...that's why I joined Elvenar in the first place rather than all the other online games that require it. When I do play the tournaments it's only to help my Fellowship and then I cater with goods just to get through it.

Last edited: