• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

Arthus

@Arthus you have been asked by the CM to please stop quoting live server announcements here in Beta. So can you please respect his request and stick to what is happening in Beta.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation

Will you start answering why such behaviour then to delete wishing wells entirely? Because that's the topic

Deleted User - 86059

gathering-of-the-phoenix-cults.
That is the topic of this thread to gather feedback on how players feel about the Event gathering of the Phoenix cult

If you have a question about an announcement on your live server then please take your question there

DeletedUser1953

Thus no WW at all ? Why have we not this info on beta ?

Why have we not a list of daily reward some days in advance (I understand that Inno can change) but beta player plays blindly, live player has this advantage, why not us ?

Why do you keep the crazy effect of the GP ? There is plenty possible of other abilities.

Heymrdiedier

Thus no WW at all ? Why have we not this info on beta ?

Why have we not a list of daily reward some days in advance (I understand that Inno can change) but beta player plays blindly, live player has this advantage, why not us ?

Why do you keep the crazy effect of the GP ? There is plenty possible of other abilities.

I wish (not well) the feeding effect of the new phoenix, would be 1 extra spire attempt for 10 mins. That would make it so much better, even if the other stats are crap. I kinda expected that in an event soon, and phoenix event looked perfect for it. So maybe next event, hopefully.

CrazyWizard

OK, so to stay on topic here is my feedback on the event so far:

I'd go one step further and say that this event actually takes out some of the things that were more useful for me (if not exactly exciting). Just like Ashrem said, there are several events in the row where I am not going after the evolving building at all. That in isolation is fine - being in the end game means there are not that many things that can be truly that exciting, and be good for the rest of the playerbase and the game itself.

But look at the things that were lost:

- Other "grand" prizes: it's not that filler items in GP rotation were overpowered before. But the new ones are really a joke. You can't farm them, so I really don't get that nerf.
2 of those "grand prizes where wishing well and the tradepost both buildings give out rewards that are now placed in the tower which they are trying to promote. in the old days we did everything for a free 20 diamonds an forum event where you could win that much was extremely popular.
Removing some PP sources and diamond sources from events to the tower makes it more valuable.

- No wishing wells (so far): OK, I am trying to be reasonable and can even see that WWs in dailies with infinite quests can be excessive; perhaps even with limited quest line. But not even a part of GP rotation?
See above

- No time instants: again, not necessarily a breaker in itself given the Spire, but yet another piece that was lost. And no, barracks unit instants are not a good replacement.
Again spire indeed, those barracks unit instants will be amazing for beginnen players. it really doesnt hurt us much and is great for others.
In the past you could see in the tournaments when people had done there event, there was a moment of improved results (because of time boosters) en then it died out again untill the next event.
Spire is a more stable source creating a more stable result while there is still catering towards players who are relative new to the game.

- No unlimited quests: even with poor value bonus quests, active players were able to push just a little bit farther - perhaps to round up 9 artifacts, or push for a few more dailies etc. Sure, could have been abused back in a day, but now we don't get infinite quests nor do we get time instants. Overkill much?
Give us an option and we use it, the last time I spend money on an event was the harvest event. that last tiny bit I needed to get kirit and karat complete.
Since unlimited quest I never bought an Outpost anymore why would I, just push for a few more quest and you saved yourself 10 bucks.

I am still a huge fan of an "event city" appraoch. it's more unique, creates a soft "hard border" to balance what you can possible get ect.
Let use produce sky essence by using several buildings to produce it. sprinkle some random essence on our city and give us some hourly quest for a few essence.
It also gives us a challenge to design that town to be efficient as possible especially if there are obstacles in that city (squares we cant build at)

It's takes a while to make it, but FoE already has "support cities" so its doable, It's the best of both worlds.

Dailies so far have not been amazing either; this may or may not change still. While this is nothing new really, but so far I haven't seen even relatively vanilla things that were useful even if no buildings tickle your fancy: AWKPs, PPs, expiring buildings such as WWs, Monuments, Trading Outposts, CLs etc. So far, there are no dailies that I can even use as a decent sink for event currency. I may want to get a few Phoenix Cults, but these are very early so unlikely to absorb a lot. Burning Pools would be good if you want mana, but mana is something I overproduce by a lot. I wouldn't be able to use any of the other dailies in my city.

Obviously, this may still change, but give us at least something like AWKP day to sink the currency!
Yes dailies could use some work, it should be a nice combination of funny, some good and some sink items.
Similar with grand prizes which should in general be grand, On the recently opened worlds of last year we do have that grand prize and it will make me spend some money (outpost) because I want that fire feniks we could nog get last year.
I also don't mind to see more "power pet food" buildings, the more we get the more we need to balance our pet food expenditure, it's lone and boring at the top in the tournaments, they currently lost some of there revenue streams there as well, as no one is challenging mee with diamonds.

Another side benefit is that in the past people spammed the "refresh" button on the crating menu just to get more combat buildings, if pet food is a limiting factor some people will again spamm that button for pet food again.

I just wonder if all these changes we currently see are making it work, I think one of the main flaws of Elvenar atm is there extreme focus on big spenders ignoring anyone else.
Unlike FoE this game has no "small expenditures" only the spire with 25 diamonds has that option, but at the same time it rewards diamonds.
FoE rewards diamonds also on a regular bases but at least has some ways to spend it on small things as well something elevenar lacks.
I think what elvenar really needs are a lot of super cheap spending options stuff you could buy for a few penies to max 1-2 euro.

Why dont we have special paid avatars yet? as a mere example, a nice skin for our houses that we can buy and apply to spice thing up, look at the game for "cheap" options where you can entice us to spend more on the game.
And don't price them at big spenders terretory but at the average user.

There is a huge untapped market in elvenar thats totally ignored just because most money currently comes from a small userbase.
As elvenar noted in there keynotes that half the playerbase is womans, entire games which are financially much more successfull than elvenar float on these small "woman" targetted microtransactions. many of them like to spend 1 or 2 euro here (and do that more often than they like to admit) but that option is here totally absend.

There are enough options in game that target the 1%, now please start catering to the other 20% who might spend some money on this game.
Dare to ask 2 euro for a special avatar, 50m cent to have it carry a santa hat (as cristamas option) 10-25 diamonds to reskin a buiding giving it a different color option.
Do not let them cost 5, 10 or 20 euro. we got enough expensive stuff now.
Cosmetic changes are all the craze for the past 10 years or so, you don't always need to offer any in-game benefit.

These are changes I love to see at elvenar, and I think this will work a lot better than current changes we see in game including events.
Options like the 25 diamonds in the tower are perfect, I love to see more 25 diamond options.

Last edited:

Jackluyt

Comments and Suggestions

Feel free to submit comments under our Event Note here: https://tinyurl.com/t3w7p9l
  1. As usual the artwork and technical production is excellent. Well done!

2. The quest set looks very do-able. Better than the last one they tried in Beta which was full of game-breakers for some players!

3. Daily Quests #4 and #14 are a problem for those players who for various reasons are unable to Complete a Map Encounter. It is true that the number of people affected by this is small - but for them that means as early as Day Four they will only have one questline not two - and that is REALLY not fair. One of my Orc-locked small cities had to spend Diamonds to get past this one. 4. Solve 2 World Map Encounters - 35 Sky Essence 14. Solve 1 Encounter - 35 Sky Essence

4. Quest 117. Complete 1 Province - 58 Sky Essence This needs an Alternative. There are many players who have completed all their provinces.

5. There are sometimes Daily Quests that prove impossible like the ones above - even if only for a tiny minority of players. There is a simple fix - let the Daily Quests expire after three days. Then those players only lose three days, not the entire questline! Three days should be enough for almost everyone to do the quest, except those on holiday for a week - and most players these days have a Mobile App...

6. Artifacts: There seems to be some muddled thinking here! We were told last year that for our old Phoenix Evolving Buildings (there are three different ones) we would have more Artifacts to Evolve them in this year’s event. All this Event offers is three; it needs nine to fully evolve each building - so at this rate newcomers to the game will have to wait three years to get their up to full production! In the meantime, all the evolving buildings have been added to the list of Crafting Recipes - so newcomers to the game get a chance to own these buildings. But what use is this of it takes three years to get them to production? We have asked the designers often to explain how they envisage this working; so far there is a deafening silence...

7. We welcome the Announcement that Artifacts can be swapped by Crafting!!
    It is a step in the right direction - but the exchange rate is a bit unrealistic - and players will still struggle to evolve the Phoenixes they craft - one needs 9 Artifacts for that...

8. Now we have seen all 121 Quests - this looks like the Best Quest set ever! Excellent! There is room for improvement though - a few new, different ones would be nice. If the designers want to slow down the rate that players advance - why not Collect x number of Sky Essence? They drop one per hour so there is no way to cheat that - except by buying the Outpost building! Which would make the designers very happy!!

9. A lot of players are going to be upset! It appears that there is not a single Wishing Well in this Event.
    It is also a pity that there appear to be no Filler Items as Daily Exclusives - Knowledge Points, Portal Profits and Boosters. Many players, myself included, play the Events only for Fillers.

10. Watch this space for more comments!

87644052_10216086222008952_7143377761187397632_n.jpg

Lissona

… but i've heard one person didn't have recipe for them in 2 weeks.
If you are referring to me (since I asked for it): yes - I still haven't seen a recipe. But maybe they will come, maybe I wasn't online the day they were there, maybe I messed up the cycles because I produced other things and didn't collect them in time, maybe [add another reason]. Anyway, I don't want to be a tool for your argumentation...

Back to the topic: as an advanced (last chapter) non-hardcore player I have my fun at the event, the tasks are feasible (even without preparation). I don't know if I can complete all tasks in time, but that would be okay. The main prize is - I think - nothing for me(!), but I'm thinking about leveling a fire phoenix to intermediate level instead (at that time I took a break and therefore don't have any of the old phoenixes) - so I can get the recipes. I also find the daily rewards appealing (almost too many to choose from as "I don't pay attention to best-in-slot"), as they are better than what I have or want to have standing around.

DeletedUser1953

2 of those "grand prizes where wishing well and the tradepost both buildings give out rewards that are now placed in the tower which they are trying to promote.
For beginner player, WW is a good cultural building too, it gives PCs & supplies. The spire cost (time & ressource), sure for people in era I-IV, portal is really usefull.
Personnally i dislike Spire, often after 5 failed, to save my computer => ALT+F4 ^^

The spire gives too gold & supply spell, is it a reason to suppress from the event too ?

Deleted User - 81190

2 of those "grand prizes where wishing well and the tradepost both buildings give out rewards that are now placed in the tower which they are trying to promote.
Well, you're saying that all those things were replaced by the Spire. Not really - we have had a Spire for quite a while, and we had all these items in the events during this time. Taking them out from events didn't add anything to the Spire, so my statement still stands - these are the things that were lost in this event. Now, you may consider that it is fair and all, but there is no way around that it is a nerf comparing to a number of previous events. That's a fact.

The only replacement (of sorts) was time instants -> troop instants, so you get something for stuff taken away, but as I mentioned, it is not really a close substitute by any means. Yes, at least it is somewhat useful for beginner players who don't have other unit types (they could have still done it with time instants), but most of these units are pretty useless for more advanced cities. I mean, as an elf, should I be looking to get a few squads of Sorceresses? What for? It's not even good for cannon fodder...

CrazyWizard

Well, you're saying that all those things were replaced by the Spire. Not really - we have had a Spire for quite a while, and we had all these items in the events during this time. Taking them out from events didn't add anything to the Spire, so my statement still stands - these are the things that were lost in this event. Now, you may consider that it is fair and all, but there is no way around that it is a nerf comparing to a number of previous events. That's a fact.

The only replacement (of sorts) was time instants -> troop instants, so you get something for stuff taken away, but as I mentioned, it is not really a close substitute by any means. Yes, at least it is somewhat useful for beginner players who don't have other unit types (they could have still done it with time instants), but most of these units are pretty useless for more advanced cities. I mean, as an elf, should I be looking to get a few squads of Sorceresses? What for? It's not even good for cannon fodder...

Since the spire multiplayer feature went life and completed the spire we only had 1 single event (carnaval) and for that one there already was a massive cutback on WW (day 1 only) and time boosters severly limited not yet removed.

So it was already partly shifted from A to B, and that shift seems to be completed at this event.
It makes sense since it does take time, and they might want to see the influence of somthing before making a final move.

The spire is a fairly new concept still.

Last edited:

Arthus

1. Artifacts: There seems to be some muddled thinking here! We were told last year that for our old Phoenix Evolving Buildings (there are three different ones) we would have more Artifacts to Evolve them in this year’s event. All this Event offers is three; it needs nine to fully evolve each building - so at this rate newcomers to the game will have to wait three years to get their up to full production! In the meantime, all the evolving buildings have been added to the list of Crafting Recipes - so newcomers to the game get a chance to own these buildings. But what use is this of it takes three years to get them to production? We have asked the designers often to explain how they envisage this working; so far there is a deafening silence...

2. We welcome the Announcement that Artifacts can be swapped by Crafting!!
    It is a step in the right direction - but the exchange rate is a bit unrealistic - and players will still struggle to evolve the Phoenixes they craft - one needs 9 Artifacts for that...

I don't know why they made artifacts trade like that. Players are losing a lot at this point - trading 2 or 3 per one other.

Ammount of 3 old artifacts in quests isn't satisfying - it's the same ammount as it was after 2019 phoenix (1 artifact in craftsman challenge, 2 in fellowship adventures).

There is no satisfying option here to be allowed to fully upgrade phoenix - you either upgrade new useless one or you will wait another year or two to upgrade old one. It's pointless because planning what i will do and what i will get 2 years in advance... I understand in life... but in online game? What is a joy of keeping artifacts in your inventory for 2-3 years "just in case if they change coldfire to be valuable" or "they add artifact trader with 1:1 ratio" ?

iDavis

We welcome the Announcement that Artifacts can be swapped by Crafting!!
No, I´m pretty sure the point is not to allow players to fully evolve their last year´s phoenix (that event is over). The point is only to help them to get closer - and in this way, I think it does it´s job very well.

Deleted User - 81190

No, I´m pretty sure the point is not to allow players to fully evolve their last year´s phoenix (that event is over). The point is only to help them to get closer - and in this way, I think it does it´s job very well.
You can get 3 old artifacts from the quests straight up, and up to 4 from conversions. This makes old Phoenix up to L8. Not the max, but not too shabby either.

maxiqbert

has anyone got twice the recipe to convert new artifacts to old ones?
I have the feeling that it's locked on one only, but it may be pure bad luck.

UlyssesBlue

When anyone does the math / makes a graphic of which chests are best for which items, please contact me!

Below are some graphics I've put together showing what chest to prioritise depending on your strategy. Info is based on the data posted on elvengems.com
Feel free to share wherever you like.

I normally put these things together a bit sooner in the event, but I've been away. Hope it hasn't inconvenienced anyone too much. :/

VkiyJUA.jpg
1EUYjLO.jpg

Last edited:

Arthus

So red is the best if you want to have best ratio per one feather and also you want a chance to win any bonus currency.
Still better to chose 19 chest if you get it together with red chest to choose between them in my opinion. Chance to not get currency is 88% and you pay more by choice.
Red only if 19 chest is not possible.

I have a question. Does anyone have level 10 coldfire at the moment? Just curiosity question, i know one of top players has it on level 8.

palmira

has anyone got twice the recipe to convert new artifacts to old ones?
I have the feeling that it's locked on one only, but it may be pure bad luck.
I had the convert old ones into new ones very often, basically every other turn of the MA, then 3 or 4 days ago I crafted an old one from 2 new and both recipes disappeared completely

LayDHawk2

:mad:

ticked off as usual with not enough quest line to continue, just like last year. Now we get to wait another year so you can change it again and get nothing in the mean time to complete a fully evolved special BLUE DUCK. geez you guys, what are you thinking?

on a positive note the graphics are gorgeous! :)

DeletedUser2593

there are no more recipes for exchanging artifacts! I checked this out by making a few recipe updates for diamonds. a few days ago, I couldn't produce this recipe in the mobile version. the recipe showed that I didn't have enough new artifacts to produce the old one, although there were actually enough of them . I switched to the browser version and finished the recipe. to date, the Academy of magic does not have any recipes for exchanging artifacts.