• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Gathering of the Phoenix Cults

Deleted User - 60107

How come we got this great features on workshops that lets us reset them all at once but we didn't get that feature on manus? I think this is an awesome feature that should be added to other buildings.
I'm not sure why you're asking here, but I'll just quote what I wrote on the EN forum when someone asked the same thing:
I think it is due to two reasons:
1) The cost - how to handle things if you have enough resources for some of your manufactories, but not all?
2) Once a manufactory reaches level 24+ the production options change. Instead of four different options for standard goods you get two options for standard goods and two for sentient goods. What was previously a 1-day production becomes a 3-hour sentient production, and the previous 2-day production becomes a 9-hour sentient production. Add to that the fact that your sentient boost is different from your regular boost and it becomes a mess

Karvest

1. same way as when starting multiple production in a row - just discard severside when out of resources
2. starting production is not bound to time or goods type, it's just "start 1st/2nd/etc production option of the building number xx. => If you you had both pre-sentient and post-sentient level factories of the same type ready to go, and start third option with multiple check marked - it will end up with 24h production on small factories and 3h sentient on big ones. But that's not a mess, that's intended behavior, at least for me.

CrazyWizard

@PrimroseSylvia Unless they give them in the rest time of the event as daily prize, then I suppose they will be extinct when last of them currently being in players' inventories perishes. So no, I have no info, just a prediction based of the current nerfing mania (I suppose they just decided to remove them completely).

@CrazyWizard If you expect getting Genie every week, then yes, otherwise not.

Feels like I keep copying this picture
1584564975977.png

No you do NOT need a Genie at all.
But they are lowering single player diamond reward in favor of supreme guilds.
Still the spire is the new wishing wel. with the slight difference you cannot place 60 or 80 of them in 1 town.
It's a bit more modest.

justpeeking

How come we got this great features on workshops that lets us reset them all at once but we didn't get that feature on manus? I think this is an awesome feature that should be added to other buildings.
I'm not sure why you're asking here, but I'll just quote what I wrote on the EN forum when someone asked the same thing:

I think it is due to two reasons:
1) The cost - how to handle things if you have enough resources for some of your manufactories, but not all?
2) Once a manufactory reaches level 24+ the production options change. Instead of four different options for standard goods you get two options for standard goods and two for sentient goods. What was previously a 1-day production becomes a 3-hour sentient production, and the previous 2-day production becomes a 9-hour sentient production. Add to that the fact that your sentient boost is different from your regular boost and it becomes a mess
1. same way as when starting multiple production in a row - just discard severside when out of resources
2. starting production is not bound to time or goods type, it's just "start 1st/2nd/etc production option of the building number xx. => If you you had both pre-sentient and post-sentient level factories of the same type ready to go, and start third option with multiple check marked - it will end up with 24h production on small factories and 3h sentient on big ones. But that's not a mess, that's intended behavior, at least for me.
Even better if the game don't try to solve these issues for the user. If any of them occur, simple abort the multi start and provide a warning:
1) not enough resource to start production in all building
2) can not start mass production in mix of buildings with lvl 1-23 and lvl 24+
In both rare cases the player is back as today, must start one-by-one and decide how to handle the problem. But can't blame IG that did something unwanted. Plus it is way easier from programing point of view. And the solution applies to any unforeseen problem if it occur later.
And the majority of players can happily start production with one click.

Lovec Krys

@CrazyWizard You don't have to repeat the table, it only proves that I'm right. Spire is not a great source of diamonds, but a limited one (unless you count with getting genies every week or you consider 400 dia/week (most players will get less) as a great source).

The big problem of this event is, that they nerfed too many things at once. Pay more get less is not a good strategy - it doesn't encourages players to pay more, it encourages them to quit and play something different.

CrazyWizard

@CrazyWizard You don't have to repeat the table, it only proves that I'm right. Spire is not a great source of diamonds, but a limited one (unless you count with getting genies every week or you consider 400 dia/week (most players will get less) as a great source).

The big problem of this event is, that they nerfed too many things at once. Pay more get less is not a good strategy - it doesn't encourages players to pay more, it encourages them to quit and play something different.

You consider a Genie(a glorified wishing well) as a great source and the tower not?
It looks like the wishing wells are removed but Ido you understand what a wishing wel rewarded?
For a 100 day period of accupying 9 spaces it grated you 2 great recources KP and Diamonds, how many? on average 400-475 over a 100 day period.

This means the tower is 1 entire 100 day wishing well a week for those in a power guild, or 1 100 day wishing wel every 2 weeks for a decent guild that unlocks the first 2 stages.
Thats 7 wishing wells during the same 100 day period using no space, but coosting goods, but in return you get a lot more goodies like timeboosters, nice buildings and other stuff.

A possible genie/magic house, workshop is the cerry on the top.

I don't mind that wishing well go extinct, it makes sense,
In the past just for a few diamonds we went crazy when none were aviable in game at all unless you paid. incented a forum event with 25 diamonds and hundreds of players went nuts.
With wishing wells, it's a lazy way to aquire diamonds you just sit and wait untill they come only becomming active when new wishing wells are aviable.

Some people are sitting on there wishing wells thinking why should I play that tower? I already have the diamonds here without all the trouble.
Removing that part will create more incentive to play it as the situation from long long long ago somewhat returns.

It's the same reason people just craft stuff just for the chance for the mystery box prizes.

Lovec Krys

@CrazyWizard I wrote 1 gennie every week, that means you would have over time at least 12-13 Genies pernamently in the village. That would be together a great source of diamonds (our argument is all about the word great).
If WW go extinct it won't hurt me as much as newer players.
I personally do Spire mainly for Time boosters, diamonds are the bonus (and trying to do 3rd stage to increase my chance to get gennie).

maxiqbert

totally off topic, aren't we?

the gathering of the phenix cults isn't great this year. It's a good thing that you can craft older artefacts with the new ones. too bad you can't get at least 8 new ones from finishing the quests :(
that would bring my storm phenix to level 8, which isnt' too shabby

Arthus

totally off topic, aren't we?

the gathering of the phenix cults isn't great this year. It's a good thing that you can craft older artefacts with the new ones. too bad you can't get at least 8 new ones from finishing the quests :(
that would bring my storm phenix to level 8, which isnt' too shabby

There isn't literally what to talk about anymore.
No wishing wells in 2 weeks, weak rewards. No good dailies comparable to best ones. No will to change anything.
My fellowship is pissed off about no time shorteners. They don't use weaker barracks units. Mostly frogs, princesses and valorians, forest wardens etc.

I'm just happy that there is a chance to get old artifacts but i've heard one person didn't have recipe for them in 2 weeks.
Also today it's 14 days from beta start and event isn't announced on live servers, unlike previous ones. We don't know what happened.

DeletedUser1953

Is there a reason for old player to play this event ? I have already fire phoenix 10.
There is no good building pop/culture, no whishing well, no time reduction, why ? For some crappy unit (except human priest), for fragments ( :lol: ) ?

I think too to players in country with lockdown, ok an event we can finish for nothing in 5 days .... You need to reintroduce infinite quests (and add some good reward too) !

Marindor

Hi everyone,

First of all, let's stay on topic here, please. The purpose of this thread is to gather feedback on the current event. Also (as requested several times before), please try not to drag your frustrations from Live servers to Beta, since we're in a different process and in a different workflow cycle here, and please don't announce someone's opinion (either your own or of someone on a Live server somewhere) as if it's a fact or the opinion of the whole world.

As far as to the question about extra events etc: Although we understand where the question comes from, at this moment we haven't planned any extra events or event days. Our event schedule is already pretty crowded. Add to that things like the Spire, Tournaments, Fellowship Adventures etcetera and there's basically always something to actively participate in. Other than that, designing events in Elvenar is not something our game team just does in a few days time. Such things take a lot of time in planning, designing, balancing etcetera. For other games this may be a bit simpler, but seeing the pretty crammed event calendar we already have, for now we will stick to that.

I hope this answered that question. Now, please back on topic :)

Arthus

There is official info in live Polish forums - event announcement - that there won't be any wishing wells in this event - entirely.
Cya in summer event

Deleted User - 81190

OK, so to stay on topic here is my feedback on the event so far:

...but I don't feel like this event offers me anything to get excited about.
I'd go one step further and say that this event actually takes out some of the things that were more useful for me (if not exactly exciting). Just like Ashrem said, there are several events in the row where I am not going after the evolving building at all. That in isolation is fine - being in the end game means there are not that many things that can be truly that exciting, and be good for the rest of the playerbase and the game itself.

But look at the things that were lost:

- Other "grand" prizes: it's not that filler items in GP rotation were overpowered before. But the new ones are really a joke. You can't farm them, so I really don't get that nerf.
- No wishing wells (so far): OK, I am trying to be reasonable and can even see that WWs in dailies with infinite quests can be excessive; perhaps even with limited quest line. But not even a part of GP rotation?
- No time instants: again, not necessarily a breaker in itself given the Spire, but yet another piece that was lost. And no, barracks unit instants are not a good replacement.
- No unlimited quests: even with poor value bonus quests, active players were able to push just a little bit farther - perhaps to round up 9 artifacts, or push for a few more dailies etc. Sure, could have been abused back in a day, but now we don't get infinite quests nor do we get time instants. Overkill much?

Dailies so far have not been amazing either; this may or may not change still. While this is nothing new really, but so far I haven't seen even relatively vanilla things that were useful even if no buildings tickle your fancy: AWKPs, PPs, expiring buildings such as WWs, Monuments, Trading Outposts, CLs etc. So far, there are no dailies that I can even use as a decent sink for event currency. I may want to get a few Phoenix Cults, but these are very early so unlikely to absorb a lot. Burning Pools would be good if you want mana, but mana is something I overproduce by a lot. I wouldn't be able to use any of the other dailies in my city.

Obviously, this may still change, but give us at least something like AWKP day to sink the currency!

Arthus

Really? What don't you have understand in @Marindor 's post??

What do you not understand in my post?
There was no announcement about wishing wells being entirely deleted from event - there is now on live.
Why they didn't announce here on beta previously? People were checking rewards for last 2 weeks ...

Deleted User - 86059

@Arthus you have been asked by the CM to please stop quoting live server announcements here in Beta. So can you please respect his request and stick to what is happening in Beta.
Thanks in advance for your cooperation