• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Game performance?

Verde

Just wondering whether, or how much, Inno pays attention to game performance.
One could hope that there is somewhere within the development or testing areas, a group that at least monitors for performance, in terms of both speed and resource usage, and also across platforms.

Despite the standard clearing of cache and other such recommendations, can't help but feel that the App version is increasingly less responsive. Repeated taps on things often required to get a reaction. Had vaguely wondered whether this might be somehow related to that change in version 1.165 (as advised on live release notes, not here I think) re touch feedback being added to various buttons but could of course be unrelated.

Browser-playing friends also complaining regularly about poor response and needing to often reload the game

Recall that at various times, the game has also been somewhat of a resource hog.

Mainly curious as to what if any performance monitoring is undertaken within Inno and whether others feel that the performance is degrading.

Biloutte91

For me, The game is getting heavier and heavier. More and more high-performance tablets or PCs are therefore needed. it is also necessary to clean its browsing history and its cookies regularly (I do it every day) and for my part, I uninstall and reinstall the application at each of its updates. I have no worries for the moment (Windows 11 and 1 GB of internet speed and ipad 2017 with iPad OS 16.3).

Verde

Play on three different mobile devices, at various times ... one older Android phone, one newer Android phone, one Android tablet. All three seem to be really struggling recently with the game ... more and more sluggish :(

Just wondering whether the mods have any info as to regular performance monitoring or tuning by Inno, or is it perhaps a case of waiting until players complain?

filiander

Cant come into game with my mobil.
It is starting but the fsult message tells me thst someting is missing.
I can write and I can do all other things, so is not my internet

DeletedUser4235

No kidding ❤
It seems like the only way to get in-house or devs attention would be if the support moderators went on strike.

Devs have proven over these last months that they simply do not care about their mistakes or performance standards.

Would they care if there were no mods around to defend them… or spend hours of their volunteer time getting yelled at by players for something they weren’t responsible for?
This is an abusive management practice and I wish the moderators would help us make a point to start making things better with this game again.
Support doesn’t deserve all this heat for something their employers are doing.

There’s got to be something we can all do to make management accountable.

kkk3

could be a memory leak.

playing from the app works quite well at first, but after a while the response times get longer until the app is completely frozen and it is necessary to exit and start again.

Today I couldn't visit a neighbor's city because the app claimed I didn't have enough memory.

I have been playing with my phone for years without having any such problems, so please, stop consuming memory for no reason, thanks.

Lelanya

could be a memory leak.

playing from the app works quite well at first, but after a while the response times get longer until the app is completely frozen and it is necessary to exit and start again.

Today I couldn't visit a neighbor's city because the app claimed I didn't have enough memory.

I have been playing with my phone for years without having any such problems, so please, stop consuming memory for no reason, thanks.
I had my browser crash last night, said not enough memory to run the game.

Earwen1

Oww, glad to read this.
I play on browser (Chrome) and the game is crashing more often than before.
So, I was wondering whether my graphic card would be at its life end, but doubted that because other heavy software (PhotoShop, video-editors) run quite well.
The game won't run on my 18 months old tablet (Android) at all, so I haven't tried that lately.
Hi @filiander this is a confirmed issue in our bug report section. We hope to have it fixed as soon as possible. Meanwhile you can follow the progress of the issue by following this link (click)
This is 4 weeks ago. In the thread, @Konys said: "Please, all those players affected by this issue are kindly asked to not use Premium Currencies (Diamond) until it's fixed."

I think this is quite a broad explanation for "as soon as possible", the more because a lot of players have had issues with their diamonds purchase and a bug reporting thread is not the place where you would look for a disclaimer, as a lot of players don't even read the forums regularly.

So, this is not just a simple bug reporting. I do trust all of our unpaid, voluntary moderators to forward all bugs to the proper departments at Inno's. Just beyond that, something in the organisation seems to go really wrong where it comes to communications and priorities.

In another thread we have learned that several leading persons do read the forums regularly, so I hope that some of them will read this thread and will take some actions to set their priorities right, before players (!!paying customers!!) leave the game forever.