• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

New Game Features [Game Features]Blueprints- Event upgrades-currency

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SoggyShorts

Summary:
Gain blueprints from selling event buildings, and use blueprints to buy upgraded event buildings.

Description:
While we know very little about what (if anything) the upcoming "Blueprints" feature will be used for other than upgrading Magical Residences/Workshops, I have an idea that might make them appealing to everyone.

What if selling an event building gave you some blueprints? Let's say 2 per chapter level. So a Father Tree that you got in chapter 4 would give you 8 blueprints. Then, since you have "unlocked" the Father tree, you could buy it/build it at any time and it would scale to your current chapter-- BUT at a cost of 4 blueprints per chapter level.
To sum up:
  • Gain an event building in chapter 4,
  • Sell event building for 8 blueprints, and "unlock" that building
  • Reach chapter 5
  • Buy event building that you previously "unlocked" for 20 blueprints
Motivation:
Buildings serve 2 purposes in Elvenar;
  • Making your city look good/unique
  • Enhancing your city's efficiency by giving you goods/pop/supplies/culture.
Ideally a building should do both, and most event buildings do...for a while. As you progress you will "outgrow" these buildings, and have to choose whether to replace them with more efficient ones, or keep them. Also some event buildings might be seen as "seasonal", and not everyone wants a snowman year round.

Possible Downsides:
- Obviously the number of blueprints needed for upgrading Magic buildings, and the number you can win from tournaments would need to reflect this balance, that's why I'm making a suggestion before they come out and it's possibly too late.

- Availabilty of the blueprints needs to be well balanced. Selling eventbuildings to upgrade magical residences and/or workshops may not be appreciated. This could be resolved by two non-interchangeable types.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1906

I don't know exactly how the formula for blueprints should go. But this idea is a really awesome one! I definitely have event buildings from lower chapters that I will have to just sell for nothing to make space for buildings that give much more culture or culture/population. So any option to upgrade them would be welcomed.

Sir Squirrel

I think this is a very good use for blueprints that wouldn't be crazy hard to do as the event buildings already increase by chapter. I would like to see regular culture buildings get upgraded as well, but there isn't a chapter increase on them at present. So this idea sounds good to me.

SoggyShorts

Lol, I'd actually forgotten all about this idea.. Notice the date?
Maybe with overwhelming support back in December it may have had a chance, but I'm thinking this ship has sailed :confused:

DeletedUser1899

Sorry I was to late to support this idea... I just joined the beta forums 2 days ago.. But it was a good idea though

Dhurrin

+1
I know you mentioned this idea earlier. Still a good idea.
Though the availabilty of the blueprints needs to be well balanced. I cant see Inno liking the idea of selling eventbuildings to upgrade magical residences and workshops.
So perhaps two non-interchangable types of them?

DeletedUser1759

Hey guys!

Thanks again for this wonderful idea and the discussion about it. I have modified the opening post to reflect feedback given and added a poll to this topic.
Please cast your votes! :)

DeletedUser1777

I like the idea to get something back, when I have to delete a hard gained eventbuilding.

As there is no way to keep them in a "wall of fame" to remember, it gives at least a chance to keep / upgrade eventbulidings I really would like to keep stylewise in my city.

Of course, the amount of BP should be reviewed. The amount in initial post might be a little bit too high.

DeletedUser118

I would rather like to see us being able to put event buildings back into the inventory.

SoggyShorts

The amount in initial post might be a little bit too high.
The original post is totally whack, I wrote it long before blueprints even existed on Beta. There might be some application for the basic premise, but the numbers certainly don't work after players have already won Blueprints.

Sir Squirrel

I think to be able to use blueprints for upgrading event and regular cultural buildings is still a good idea as there isn't a use for blueprints for non diamond players and they said they would give another use for them. It would be nice if they gave blueprints for selling an event cultural building considering they are still almost unreachable for most FS's, but not sure I can see that happening. I think they would still prefer we upgrade with Diamonds, which would be a great suggestion in itself to be able to upgrade event or older culture (each chapter) with blueprints and/or Diamonds!!

Last edited:

Heymrdiedier

I dont think we can cast a good vote on this poll without knowing a bit more details about what the 'superduper' new use for the blueprints will be.
Without that info this poll is pretty much poo.

So Ibra Gona II, please spoil some details for us before april 20th :)

DeletedUser1759

Sadly I'm not at liberty to say anything at this point :(
I'm afraid you'll have to do with the info provided in the opening post (which I personally find a very good idea btw :) )

Heymrdiedier

while i like the idea, getting x blueprints from selling is not what i like. A week of hard work with the whole fellowship basically downsized by selling a simple eventbuilding. You can get 20 or more eventbuildings So 1 monthly event would mean 6 months or more of tournament.
So thats why i dont like it. you would need to (retroactively) change the rewards (X10?) you get from the tournament to get this one sold.

It would make more sense to just do the idea, but with a totally different currency, and maybe allow blueprints to be exchanged into 10 of the new currency or so.

Final toughts im voting yes to get something back from old event buildings, but the blueprint i dont see this happening.

Marindor

Hi guys,

Although this idea did pass the minimum requirements for the poll, we have different things in mind for the blueprints so we'll have to archive this thread for now.