• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

future need of Dwarven buildings

SoggyShorts

If they’re leaving, then I guess it’s safe to shut down all those mines but I'll keep the the Dwarven Portal until it's depleted of copper and granite. Still need to build Dwarven roads.
Deleting the portal does not delete the goods. You can't see how many you have left, but can still use them to make roads after you delete the portal.
Congrats on finishing the chapter!:)

DeletedUser1163

Deleting your Dwarven Portal will indeed delete all Granite and Copper as well, as those Goods are stored in the Dwarven Portal. If you, after deleting the Portal, decide to rebuild it, you will have zero Granite and zero Copper to start with.
Thank you Marindor and SoggyShorts. Muf-Muf's advice says that deleting the Dwarven Portal will delete all granite and copper. I still need those resources to finish building dwarven streets. So now I'm a wee bit confused. Will I lose all the granite and copper if I delete the portal?

There's a rumor I’ve heard that if you wait to do the quest to delete the portal, you may be rewarded with something precious the Dwarves dug out of the mines. No, not a ring that rules them all. You may be rewarded with… I think I'll leave you in suspense.

DeletedUser2003

Thank you Marindor and SoggyShorts. Muf-Muf's advice says that deleting the Dwarven Portal will delete all granite and copper. I still need those resources to finish building dwarven streets. So now I'm a wee bit confused. Will I lose all the granite and copper if I delete the portal?

There's a rumor I’ve heard that if you wait to do the quest to delete the portal, you may be rewarded with something precious the Dwarves dug out of the mines. No, not a ring that rules them all. You may be rewarded with… I think I'll leave you in suspense.
@Electra Firestorm Muf-Muf's post was from Jan 2016. At the time, that was most likely true. It is not true anymore, as now, being finished with with Halflings, I could still place Dwarven, Fairy, or Woodelf Streets if I wanted, and when I hover over the box for any of those streets as if I'm going to place them, it shows that I have at least enough guest race goods in storage (somewhere?) for 1 square, but I have no idea how much granite, copper, sunflowers, essences, etc I have in store beyond that 1 square of each race's street. Hope that helps clear up some of the confusion! :confused::)

Deleted User - 60107

Originally deleting the portal also deleted the guest race goods, but that was changed at some point (you can look at the old updates if you want to know when, exactly).

DeletedUser1163

Thank you SoggyShorts, Shadowblack and Aramina for your advice. Somehow I missed that update re the Dwarven Portal. I'm still going to make sure I've built all the Dwarven Streets and any other quests the dwarves may have up their sleeves before I demolish the portal. Would you believe the dwarves arrived in my city about a month ago and I've just recently been getting their quests? I spoke to Support about this. I thought it was strange that the arrival of a guest race did not trigger the quests, in this case, from the dwarfs. They assured me the quests would appear soon. One of my friends told me that problem was fixed in the latest update, and shouldn't happen again. Delayed quests only happened in my city on the Beta server.

Well back to the Fellowship Adventure which I'm completing on my own. [sniff] No one in my fellowship wants to play. Some think it's a waste of time to get the same prizes as the last adventure.

DeletedUser1163

Thanks SoggyShorts for your advice. I hardly decline quests. For some strange reason, I think I'm missing something important if I do. But I've been completing the quests daily, even the declinable quests. So if we are about to unlock a chapter where a new guest race will arrive, we need to start declining quests until we see the main quests appear? Is that correct?

SoggyShorts

Thanks SoggyShorts for your advice. I hardly decline quests. For some strange reason, I think I'm missing something important if I do. But I've been completing the quests daily, even the declinable quests. So if we are about to unlock a chapter where a new guest race will arrive, we need to start declining quests until we see the main quests appear? Is that correct?
Not quite what I meant. You said you were deep into dwarves before you started getting dwarf quests, and by this I thought you meant the declinable ones.
There are 2 quests aside from event quests.
1. Main/storyline quests-- these must be done in order, and for the most part cannot be declined.
2. Declinable/secondary quests. These can be declined as much as you like, and are on a cycle, so if you click decline enough you'll just end up back at the quest you were on.

I think(not 100% sure on this) If you don't stay current with the Main quests, then your secondary quests will not advance either. But if you are current on your Main quests, then the secondary ones will advance, and ask you to produce more goods and give greater rewards.

DeletedUser1163

Thank you SoggyShorts for clearing that up. That is probably what happened. If the main quest was asking me to build or upgrade a certain building, I would put it on hold until I made room or was able to get more population in my city. I wasn't aware not completing the Main/storyline quests, would cause the storyline quests for the dwarves when they arrive not to appear. I thought we would have a separate storyline quest for the dwarves. It was weird that the quests for the dwarves started appearing when the dwarves are about to leave.

DeletedUser1163

Whoever was already visited by the Fairies of Christmas Past, can you give me an idea of how many farms you need to build? I underestimated the amount of granite and copper mines I needed for the Dwarves and struggled unlocking research. I don’t want to do that again with the Fairy Guest Race.

SoggyShorts

Whoever was already visited by the Fairies of Christmas Past, can you give me an idea of how many farms you need to build? I underestimated the amount of granite and copper mines I needed for the Dwarves and struggled unlocking research. I don’t want to do that again with the Fairy Guest Race.
Unlike chapter 6, in fairies you can't power through it by building loads of buildings due to the portal having a very low cap.
The max you can effectively use is 5 day&night farms. 4 of each is plenty though.

Deleted User - 60107

I usually do it with 7 Day/5 Night Farms. I make sure to upgrade the portal to max as quickly as possible.

DeletedUser2003

I've got 5 Day and 4 Night Farms all maxed to level 4 along with the Portal, I am on the last column of tech tree before AW tech, and for the last 2 weeks my Farms have been sitting with Ambrosia and Night Essence finished but unable to collect due to lack of storage room in portal. I collect and reset as I acquire the KP needed to research another tech, but with the 5/4 Farms, the Fairy stuff has come much faster than the KP, even with the tourneys and the Event (which is just a statement, not a complaint at all). I need a few more KP to research the next tech, then I will collect the finished stuff and bulldoze 1 of each Farm. I can't imagine needing more Farms than this (I know everyone has a different play-style, so I wouldn't know what anyone else might need in their city), but I'm thinking @SoggyShorts may be on to something, and 4/4 might have been plenty for me :oops::cool:

DeletedUser1163

Thank you everyone for your advice. Eight Fairy Farms is plenty. Now where am I going to plant their crops?