• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug "FS member online status" show different info than /who

Karvest

Game version: v1.138-beta.21-(2985123) - html5 (2021-09-15 08:23)
Game world: beta1
Browser/IOS/Android + version: chrome x64
Operating System or Mobile Device: windows 10
Screen resolution: 2560x1600
Account name: Karvest
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 4/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: (if applicable)

Current situation:
"FS member online status" show different info than /who
/who list contains more players than marked as online in FS members tab

probably /who shows who is connected to chat server while fs tab shows who made some action recently (what timeout is there?)

Expected situation:
both features show same info

Reproduction Steps:
1. Open FS members tab
2. type /who command
3. compare who is listed in chat vs who is marked green in the list

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Screenshots of the bug:
(add as many screenshots as you need)

The Evenstar

Community Manager
Just to confirm guys, that this is not deemed to be a bug.
The reason for this is down to the way that this is indeed timed.
For the new online status a player is not deemed to be online unless they have been logged in for a minimum of 10 minutes, rather than how the /who chat command works, which shows who is available to chat in real time.

Karvest

"being online for a minimum of 10 minutes" makes no sense. If player logged in, reset production and tabbed out from the game - he would be shown online only 10 minutes later when he is actually away and may be away for hours (same as with /who, but most browsers suspend background tabs and client would be disconnected from chat server by timeout).
The opposite, "made an action within last 10 minutes" - is more logical. that way we will see the mark if player was really online not long ago and have a good chance to see your message or whatever.

Moncsociusz

I believe if it only activates if somebody is online for at least 10 minutes it is highly ineffective as people who already spent 10 minutes in game are likely to log out soon. By the time you see the green dot probably they are logged out.

If you want to tie it to time and not being real time online. I think a better display would be a column "last time online/seen" or "in game" before the players' name in the overview. And if someone is online you see a green zero, if not you see the time that they signed off in black. It would help with the visibility issues.

Karvest

There is no "sign off'. If you do nothing - there is no packet exchange between client and server (for example game in background tab), but once you do something that require fresh info from server - you are back without logging in. The only persistent connection is websocket connection to chat server, and the list of clients connected to chat server is shown when you use /who.

Moncsociusz

There is no "sign off'. If you do nothing - there is no packet exchange between client and server (for example game in background tab), but once you do something that require fresh info from server - you are back without logging in. The only persistent connection is websocket connection to chat server, and the list of clients connected to chat server is shown when you use /who.

I usually sign off to tend to my cities in different worlds. Maybe "last activity" would be better phrase then. But I believe we talk about the same thing, that it would be more useful if the status would agree with /who. :) The new column is just a suggestion, as I would find it to be more useful than a green button lit up after 10 minutes. But probably this should be in the discussion thread, sorry for that. Just I read the 10 minutes activity here what inspired the previous thought. :)

SoggyShorts

"being online for a minimum of 10 minutes" makes no sense. If player logged in, reset production and tabbed out from the game - he would be shown online only 10 minutes later when he is actually away and may be away for hours
As is this feature will be wrong for me 90% of the time. :confused: Other than the spire and when I do a total re-arrangement of my city I never spend 10 consecutive minutes on any city, and the spire takes me less than 20.