• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Free the Orcs!!!

DeletedUser651

The new orcs are here and what happened to them the minute they got here? They became slaves!! They may not be the kind of person you are used to, but Orcs have feelings too!!! Orc daddies have feelings!!! Orc mommies have feelings!! Their babies have feelings!!!! And now we trade them as chattel. A good to be passed from elf to trader just to clear a province??? Do we split up families? Rip the children from the arms of the parents? Just to clear a province? What have we become?? Who have we become??

I had a dream that one day my world without slavery!! Elf, Orc, Dwarf, Fairy, we are all one!!!

Let the orcs go!!!! Let the orcs go!!!! Let the orcs go!!!!!

Love will prevail!!
freedom-butterfly.jpg

i_love_orcs_poster-p228682717028521599t5ta_400.jpg

Look what happens in the slave dungeons! Do you want this to happen to the orc babies? No wonder they are enemies! They are driven insane!

13606438_639234116228161_247468331300807884_n.jpg

This was before he was ripped from his mother and father's home:

33840af8e66bc8425180ee62d07899ae.jpg

Killing and enslaving our enemies only makes MORE enemies!! Elvenar is a place of love and kindness.

dc870b1768004a2e25c7cc24af35e1.jpg

Do we really want to be responsible for this?

safe_image.php

safe_image.php

Remember, Orcs have families too!!

safe_image.php

edit by Goryn. Placed the images behind a spoiler as they were way too large.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1345

I do have to agree, ritualistic sacrifice of confined orcs is more than a little nasty. I don't understand why it can't be War Trophies instead.

DeletedUser651

Obviously, this post is to make a point. We have introduced a concept into this game that will seriously bother people and there is zero need for it.

Couldn't we just use something the orcs make? Clubs maybe? Orc clubs? Instead of the actual orcs? This is supposed to be a peaceful city builder. We are moving further and further from that concept.

It would be as simple as adding a word. One word...orc clubs...orc trophies...or changing the word orc to club or trophy or whatever. No reprogramming. Nothing but a change of a word and the whole concept changes and we don't have to feel like slave traders.

This is a fantasy game. Let's just keep a nice, friendly fantasy going? Ok?

Not one single person was offended by trading copper or granite. No one was upset about trading sunflowers. We don't need to upset anyone. Even if someone somewhere on here likes the idea of trading slaves, there is really no need to offend anyone else. Just change the thing we trade to a thing, instead of a sentient being.

DeletedUser1548

I agree. It just doesn't feel right.
We should produce 'something' in out Armories instead of breading 'someone' there... I've never seen a fantasy world where Orcs would be treated as simple animals. They may be brutal or not very bright but always humanoid in a way...

Edit: Also it seems as it will stay that way... Will I become a slave master forever? Not only for a time to a new race arrival?

DeletedUser607

on the other hand: where do treants come from? or golems? or even sword dancers?

we recruit them, and then they get sent into battle, knowing that the sword dancers are just the bait to buy the other units time to kill the enemy. and we send them to their certain death just for... tournaments... or conquering provinces.

and suddenly with the orcs we become sentimental?

DeletedUser651

Those are soldiers. We aren't trading them like goods. It is a different concept. They fight to protect our city. They are revered and well trained. The orcs we sell. We are selling sentient beings. That feels creepy.

Lissona

When catering provinces we need the orcs to transport the goods (elves and dwarfes can't transport the amount by themselves, because it is too heavy for them) - after the orcs have delivered the goods they are free and won't come back.

Same for the work in the rallye point. They have a job to do and after that they retire and we must train new ones in the armory...

The Orcs are not slaves. Instead of them being "slaves", they are needed to secure the area, when they are needed to negotiate on the World Map. As you progress on the World Map further and further, the areas become rougher and shady creatures dwell in the more distant provinces, so you will need to post some guards to keep the areas safe - and who would be better suited to do that than the Orcs? With their immense strength and hunger for battle, they are the perfect candidates for the task.

DeletedUser651

I am fine with orc guards! They are strong and brutish. It would be nice if there was a small text tweak that said something like: Orcs needed to guard the area. I think your story above adds a lot and it would be great if it could be incorporated into the game. Well done Muf-Muf!!

DeletedUser651

Shoot. Katz is right. There just isn't any getting around the idea that we are using as trading things.

DeletedUser867

Here's a clip from Game of Thrones, wherein Brienne of Tarth pledges herself to Catelyn.

I'd suggest that an Oath of Fealty is a far deeper commitment than deploying
Orcs to guard sectors that have been recently acquired through negotiation.

DeletedUser338

Unlike dwarfs and fairies, orcs breed fast. That's why, unlike dwarfs and fairies, we keep orcs around. They simply breed too fast. Even after we'll remove our portal, they'll just keep coming! So what do we do with them? We send them where they want to go! Orcs love fighting, killing and breaking stuff. So where better to send them than far away provinces, where they can guard the traders against evil creatures?
It's basically a win-win. Nothing wrong with it either.

DeletedUser1548

Unlike dwarfs and fairies, orcs breed fast. That's why, unlike dwarfs and fairies, we keep orcs around. They simply breed too fast. Even after we'll remove our portal, they'll just keep coming! So what do we do with them? We send them where they want to go! Orcs love fighting, killing and breaking stuff. So where better to send them than far away provinces, where they can guard the traders against evil creatures?
It's basically a win-win. Nothing wrong with it either.
They do not breed, we force them to breed.
I liked your explanation but it would have more sense if new Armories worked as some of the ancient wonders where we only collect resources, army, etc.

And what about the Workshops?
Working there became so hard that Elves/Humans decided to handle the management and they hired Orcs to work there? :D
Come on... Now we can come back to their aggression so in the next update we will hire an army to make sure work is done and Workshop is intact? Ooops, we came back to Orc slavery again...

DeletedUser338

Orcs breed anyway. We just use our armories to turn them into useful fighters.
And why are Orcs used for workshops slaves, but the thousands of people we used before not?

DeletedUser1250

About the workshops, we have always needed population to build workshops, also to build manufactories and the main hall, I never saw a discussion about that. Never saw anyone asking if the population that is needed get's enough money for their jobs or something like that.
Now we need tons of coins ans supplies to build the higher levels of the workshops and population isn't enough anymore so we also need orcs. That's it. No problem. It is fantasy, fiction, it is just a game and orcs are fictional humanoid creatures who might have been elves once, or beasts or are a mixed origin of elves and men. It is not even clear what orcs exactly are, you can read a lot about it in the books of Tolkien, but you can also find more in other old-English and Anglo-Saxon sources. One thing is certain: it's fiction, not real. A fictional humanoid creature. So why make it something different and start a discussion about it?

DeletedUser607

well, in this game, the orcs are even assembled (by unknown means).

at least that's what the rally point description says.

of course, it could also mean, that there are the squads assembled.

DeletedUser651

I am afraid that we were all correct. The wiki makes is clear that the orcs are being drugged with psychoshrooms so the goblins can manipulate them to make them slaves in your city.

Here is where they say the goblins are doing experiments on the orcs, which btw, brings up horrific images of one group of soldiers doing on prisoners of war

"Orcs are big, strong, dull and aggressive with only three things on their mind: fighting, power and food! On the other hand, Goblins are malicious and mischievous and their full purpose is cultivating mysterious mushrooms they can do genius experiments with, to later use on ... the Orcs!"

And after they have created just the right concoction of psychoshroom drugs they will then give those shrooms to the orcs to breed them and then turn them into slaves to work in your city.

"One thing you must know about the Orcs: they can barely speak ... they mostly grunt, but they are incredibly strong, so you can use their brute force into your advantage to grow your city even further. You just need to find a way to .... let's say ... manipulate them! Attracted by the concepts of fighting and destruction, the Orcs will find your armories the appropriate place to live and breed, but don't worry, Goblins will provide you the knowledge and resources to control those muscled creatures: magic and powerful mushrooms are the key!"

https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Orcs_&_Goblins

No one wants or needs these concepts being a part of a fun game. I don't care if they are mythical creatures. Slavery/experiments on beings/breeding a race for your benefit/drug use: These are very real evil ideas of using one group of sentient beings for the benefit of others. Ideas that no one wants to perpetuate. And even if you are fine with them, others are not and you are offending people. So why not just alter the text so you aren't offending anyone (or perpetuating the concept of slavery)?

DeletedUser607

yes, it somehow raises thoughts about a certain period in history, where that was practised amongst humans. we should never revert back to that state (well actually, there have been a few quite similar situations, but one of them is outstanding... and being ashamed of that situation some 70 years ago is not a good feeling).

so having a race of dumb underlings and another race of manipulating beings... well, it doesn't feel right.

on the other hand, already the fairies weren't pleased with the idea that we are going to breed orcs out of... well... "dung".