• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Founding additional cities

DeletedUser

Yes, I agree with you MagicLucy: goods'd have to be distributed better than actually is.
For example, I've had to build at least two gems manufactories (this is not my boosted good so I've high production costs) 'cause in the market gems are very rare to trade and I've used a lot of space and a lot of population that I could use for other :(

Just a small correction... the goods are not rare ... the players producing those goods are rare :D ....

To the best of my knowledge the map is equally distributed for all the goods availability ...If the game had enough players playing it that is if we were having a very active neighborhood there shouldnt be shortage of any goods in the market ...but unfortunately most of us have got stuck in a very inactive neighborhood making few of the goods really rare or unavailable ...

Now about this suggestion few things i would like to say from what I understood of the original idea of moving to additional cities ...We should be able to move to another city only when we have finished the complete research tree for our own main city ... We should be able to acquire a base only on the city which has the same goods boost as ours ... and when we move to the new city the whole game starts all over again including the goods producing & requirement ... So with this I dont think there will be flooding of the market with one type of goods ... And IMO looks like a valid way to move forward in the game ... About the race factor I am not really sure I would prefer if we can get a variation and are allowed to take over both human and elves cities ... but if the game management do not want that way maybe can make another condition of only taking over the same race as we belong in the main city ... Maybe at later stages once we finish the research in new founded city it can be evolved into some kind of link between these cities.... there can also be some kind of rankings based on how many cities each player owns... just developing on the main idea here ...

but one question - dont u guys feel it will all become too monotonous ...city after city ...same thing again & again ???

DeletedUser

True, indeed. Active Players are rare :D
I still like the 'takeover' idea, but I would be able to do this when I want to do this - not at the end of the Reserach-Tree. And they should be linked immediately, and completely, please.
And yes, it will become monoton for sure, city after city. More than ever if the devs aren't implementing some very good suggested ideas from us - the players.

On behalf of this it should be free to choose if we wanted to have a human or elven city.

DeletedUser1095

It seems like assigning all three boosts from the very beginning creates a lot of problems. Why not save the 2nd- and 3rd-tier boosts to be assigned closer to when we reach that stage of the tech tree and/or exploration? "The next province you complete will dictate your second boosted good", for example. And we could aim for what's lacking due to the inactives in our vicinity.

And/Or give us secondary boosts.

All of which could be done in addition to taking over an abandoned city, which is an idea I like very much. I do think it should be possible quite late in the tech tree, though - maybe unlocking a technology like "colonization" could be required.

DeletedUser503

If we are some day able to build a second city, I would rather see that happen in the
empty provinces which have no further use after you have cleared all the encounters.
I have no idea if the devs have something in mind for those, but this could be a possible
use for them. It does seem a bit like a second account, but it has been done in other games with success.
I would suggest that your original race would remain the same however. You are , after all,
the same person who owns the first city, no morphing allowed! :D

DeletedUser

Me too *thumbs up* for this solution.

Didn't we earlier talk about this possibility - if I remember right. It's the best to overtake the next surrounding empty cities - not anywhere on the map.

DeletedUser

If we are some day able to build a second city, I would rather see that happen in the
empty provinces

This (like the 'penrose suggestion' for city movement also) doesn't reflect, that a city's goods boosts are determined by certain provinces near the city. For implementing the important mechanisms of the existing worldmap system have to be changed. But it seems, that the devs don't want to do that (that may be the main reason for they came up with their improper 'solution' for the inactivity problem) and on this point I agree with them.

DeletedUser

This (like the 'penrose suggestion' for city movement also) doesn't reflect, that a city's goods boosts are determined by certain provinces near the city. For implementing the important mechanisms of the existing worldmap system have to be changed. But it seems, that the devs don't want to do that (that may be the main reason for they came up with their improper 'solution' for the inactivity problem) and on this point I agree with them.

ok - I understand that there may be technical issues which make it very difficult to change this system. Anyway it is high time to solve this problem finally.

DeletedUser43

@methusu , I currently have two questions for this idea. Maybe things have changed since the removal of the inactive players, but I'll ask them anyway, so you could elaborate more on your idea. (And perhaps more questions will follow :D )
  • If there would be no inactive discovered neighbouring cities, where would you be able to found your additional city? (I expect you should be able to found it somewhere, as it would be unfair if you couldn't while another player could, and the cities count towards your ranking.)
  • How would you interact between the cities? Would you be able to aid the other city? Would you be able to trade with the other city? (I expect trading wouldn't be possible, as only player names are visible in the trader.)

If I understand it right, the main purpose of this idea is to create new features for the players that have researched and build everything the game has to offer. I like the idea behind it, but I think the details should be emphasised more. Maybe we could take bits and pieces of the other ideas that have been suggested, like the passive city, the outpost and the active city in an empty province.
I personally think that we could look at additional cities in general as different than the city we have now. Perhaps the additional city doesn't have to have three boosts, but could have just the one boost of the province. Perhaps the additional city doesn't have to trade, but shares the same goods as the main city. Perhaps the additional city has a completely new research tree, based on a specific aspect of the game, e.g. fighting or trading. We could look outside the box as the city we know now, and come up with new content that adds a new perspective to the game. :)

DeletedUser503

Yes, the idea I proposed about an additional city in the empty provinces, is the one
I like best. Perhaps we could move goods from one city to another via a 'transport'
feature. Much like our scout, only it is perhaps a horse drawn cart. Maybe city 1 has
lots of steel but needs planks. Transport planks from city 2 to city 1. It can take some
time, as scouting takes time, so there is less chance of abusing the transport system.
A new research tree, would be fabulous, something different for the additional city.
Great idea Lauwi!:D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My idea is not about a city serving other purposes as the first one, just building another city from the beginning like the first one. So to say it was my last hope to come up with something you can use your KP for and they don't go directly to waste. But in every case now it will be too late for me, just very few days left to complete the research tree, so I won't elaborate further.

• If there would be no inactive discovered neighbouring cities, where would you be able to found your additional city? (I expect you should be able to found it somewhere, as it would be unfair if you couldn't while another player could, and the cities count towards your ranking.)

It is a very hypothetic case concerning the current situation, but indeed it is possible and I didn't think about it first, but afterwards. At the moment I don't have a solution, because indeed every city should have same chances to found a new city and thereby increase trading range.

• How would you interact between the cities? Would you be able to aid the other city? Would you be able to trade with the other city? (I expect trading wouldn't be possible, as only player names are visible in the trader.)

You should be able to aid the city like every other city and trade with it, it would last some time that the new city is also able to aid (until discovering is done) and trade (until the trader is researched). It probably would be the biggest change in game mechanics, that a city on the map and a trade offer (and a notification....) has to show PLAYER#1 and PLAYER#2 or something similar (besides a button to easily switch between cities).

DeletedUser1247

while this city takeover sounds good , think about it . ( it could be done but would require massive changes to the game to balance it) it would destroy the economy, trading would be pointless and if you had bonus in every goods/and more cities of them you would negotiate the entire server in short order. negotiating cost are supposed to be difficult that's why we have a barracks...why take days and days to rebuild lost units when negotiating would be so cheap as you get with more goods bonus. again that would make the barracks pointless, what i'm thinking is to enlarge our cities more space to place expansions that way we could build a few more of the goods that are difficult to come by in our hoods without causing the economy to crash.... and for the vacancies the devs could have random treasure hunts pop-up in there place either be defeat a certain army or pay supplies/coins or even use Kpts to aquire the said treasure,(something to make Kpts useful again and add a new twist to the vacancies). the treasure drops could work like other sectors we take the further away the more points (cost) it takes but the rewards increase along with it they would disappear after taken maybe replaced during weekly maint we either get new neighbors or treasure drops... just an idea.... what you guys think ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43

Good feedback on this idea, Miciah! Certainly some stuff to think about. ;)

Your other idea about random treasure hunts would probably get more attention in another thread. An idea about random events has been discussed in this thread (click). The idea about new battles in already finished provinces has been discussed multiple times on the forum, for example in the thread about Inventory, Items and Provinces (click). Could you check those two threads to see if you like the ideas and perhaps suggest some changes you would make to the ideas? If you believe your idea is completely different than those two, you could create a new thread and elaborate the idea to explain how it's different. :)

DeletedUser

I like Miciah's post too and I hope that developers give sufficient consideration to it 'cause I believe it could be a good new feature for this game! :rolleyes: