• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

City [Forwarded] Player Profile Text

DeletedUser58

I think it would be good if a player can write a small (140 characters?) message in a profile window that other players can see when they:
A) hover over this player's city on the World Map, but it can be limited to discovered players only;
B) when they're visiting this player's city it can be displayed in the top left or right corner.

Those playing FoE will have an idea of how it works there and I'm proposing something similar basically. All that's needed is enough space to write something like "Culture first; Builders second; Town Hall third." so visiting neighbors can maximize their help in my city, and I can know I'm helping with what they would want in their city.

DeletedUser31

I'm sure something like this will be implemented. In this early stages the bugs have the highest priority, and boadened functions come only after them. :)

But I like your idea.

DeletedUser

Great idea. Now i see some neighbours changing their city names into ''please help my builders" or '' polish my culture items""

DeletedUser

I changed the name of my city to my preference for neighbor support. I can't say if this is good or bad...

DeletedUser126

I already suggested something similar in my other topic :p

DeletedUser58

This was first, actually, it's from Monday. Yours is from Wednesday. :p

But something of that type is definitely needed.

DeletedUser231

I would love to see Profile space like Tribal wars, grepolis etc...I love massive profile abilities...:)

DeletedUser18

I passed this one up for consideration, I think it's a great idea.

DeletedUser231

140 characters....is kind of way to short. 20,000 maybe but still too short for my liking...:)

DeletedUser58

This one's aimed more as a way to let people know what you want done in your city, so that city names aren't "Polish Please" or "Motivate Stuff!" That's horrid to read on the place where some fantastic names could be placed. :p

If someone wants a longer profile where they can talk about themselves, I don't have an issue with that. But that is not the intention with this idea.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser231

Maybe have a Hoover profile and a real profile. A small amount of characters like you mention and if someone really wishes to expand their profile they can actually visit the city and expand their profile for a more in depth look at what they have to say.

DeletedUser819

I think ...
for private words or descriptions,
this can be written in the Games Forum
or I got this wrong?

DeletedUser651

Absolutely. I too am tired of visiting the town of "culture please". Big plus one for this idea.