Flexible Culture Buildings Skin System
Aright its actually quite simple once I explain.
The idea is to be able to change the looks of the culture items skins to make the cities more varied and interesting. Now as cool as it sounds there would need to be few limitations and requirements.
- Culture Item or building needs to have the same size value. for example 3x3 skin can only be used on another 3x3
- The skin don't change the building original culture value. Its only superficial. If for example you build Monster Fountain with 410 Culture and change skin to Astrolab it still will be 410 with the looks of Astrolab. Not 1000.
- When you hover over the item it will say the original item name with the skin name in (). For example Monster Fountain (Astrolab). The () content can be slightly faded to signify skin info.
- You get access to skin when Culture item have been researched and built at least once.
- You only get access to diamond items skins if you bought and placed them at least once.
- You have to research an optional knowledge on each tier. Its a dead end research that is optional, and reasonably cheep.
How it Works:
- When you built a culture item you can click on it and chose the skin from a 3rd tab in the building menu. Once you chose it you have to confirm it.
- In the future a more skins can be added as the game will progress. They can be gained through research or other means like rewards in future game content or mechanics.
Advanced Version (more coding required):
This is a more advanced version of this idea, but it would req. a lot more coding to implement unlike the basic version, but at the same time it would allow a lot more flexibility in building the towns to make the more unique.
The major difference would be not using a simple size based reskin system but a multi skin variation editing system.
- Advanced mechanics explained:
The more advanced version would allow you to edit the base 3x3 Monster Fountain in any way you want. You use 3x3 original base for Culture calculation (410) but you can fit in a combination of other culture items skins inside.
In this case we can fit in 3x Twin Flower Bed (1x2) and 1 War memorial (1x3) to cover the 3x3 surface but in more unique and interesting way. The 3x3 Surface would still provide 410 Culture but it would look a lot different in every city.
That sort of system could create a whole new level of creativity for players.
Its just some random idea I though it would fit in perfectly.
Last edited by a moderator: