• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface [Forwarded] Ability to turn off gold icons till building is full

DeletedUser126

Would love ability to turn off and on the gold icons over the building. Its REALLY annoying when you play a bit and accidentally pick up gold to early when you dont have the boost and just try to move the map!

Worst part is this damn thing is back in few minutes if you pick it up....

Its infuriating lol!

DeletedUser

this option would be good or a setting saying you want it to appear after 15min /1h /3h/ finished prod

DeletedUser

+1

Icons are too big, there are a lot of them, and they pop up almost immediately after being collected.

DeletedUser136

Annoying is an understatement. lol

I've never actually taken the time to verify, but is the coin production of a house linear? Like if its a 6 hour house and we accidently collect it after 30 minutes, do we get exactly 1/12 the value of the finished production? Or do we actually lose coins when that happens because we didn't finish the full cycle? It probably is linear... or at least I hope it is.

DeletedUser236

I've never actually taken the time to verify, but is the coin production of a house linear? Like if its a 6 hour house and we accidently collect it after 30 minutes, do we get exactly 1/12 the value of the finished production?

The production is linear (I just watched the first 12 mins and per 3 min it's resp. 31 coins ;)
But... I looked at the info and it says 4400/7h (this is including my 200% culture) and 314/h (I guess this is without my 200% culture).. But still, 628 times 7 hours isn't equal to 4400 coins.. So maybe I'm just being an idiot, or my Elves can't do math :p

DeletedUser

The production is linear (I just watched the first 12 mins and per 3 min it's resp. 31 coins ;)
But... I looked at the info and it says 4400/7h (this is including my 200% culture) and 314/h (I guess this is without my 200% culture).. But still, 628 times 7 hours isn't equal to 4400 coins.. So maybe I'm just being an idiot, or my Elves can't do math :p

Thanks for your observations, and confirming this linearity! Although 628 coins times 7 hours IS actually equal to 4400 coins (4396 in fact, but still).

DeletedUser136

I had actually checked after I posted that question on a 5600 house... after 15 minutes it was 186 coins and after 30 it was 373, so that came out to 5580 and 5595 instead of 5600. That was before the update. I think its probably as close as two simultaneous counters going opposite directions can probably get, but over the course of the game it will still add up.

DeletedUser867

I'd be far happier if the coin collection icons showed only at the end of a cycle, when the houses need to be reset.
The persistent coin collection icons are annoying, and they totally destroy the aesthetic of my village.

There's no need for ANY delay. Allow coin collection at any time.

Add an early quest to establish the principle. Something like
"Collect 5 coins, 5 times within 5 minutes, from 5 or more houses without a coin icon."

~~~~~~~

It's ALSO annoying that I can neither edit nor delete the duplicate thread that I started.
Searching for "annoying" got me three pages of hits. Good thing we're still in Beta, huh? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This thread started roughly 2 months ago, and it seems a lot of us consider those always-showing big coin-icons a nuisance.
Now, you have beta-testers opinions, what is going to happen next ? Will we have smaller icons ? Or icons showing less frequently ? Or an option to enable/disable the effect ? Or a mix of all solutions ? Can we have feedback about our feedback ? :)

DeletedUser43

This thread started roughly 2 months ago, and it seems a lot of us consider those always-showing big coin-icons a nuisance.
Now, you have beta-testers opinions, what is going to happen next ? Will we have smaller icons ? Or icons showing less frequently ? Or an option to enable/disable the effect ? Or a mix of all solutions ? Can we have feedback about our feedback ? :)
I'm happy to give you feedback on your feedback! :D Indeed, many players support the idea of a change of the coin icons. I'd like to elaborate this idea together with you all to make it a forwardable idea.

I need to know if there's a specific solution (or combination of solutions) for the problem that would be preferred:
  • Option 1: The coin icons only appear when the residence's maximum capacity is reached.
  • Option 2: The coin icons only appear at specific times, set by the player (e.g. 15 minutes, 1 hour, 3 hours)
  • Option 3: The coin icons become smaller.
  • Option 4: The display of coin icons can be turned off just like animations can be turned off.
If I miss an option, please post them below as well. :)

DeletedUser

Thank you for reviving this discussion. Here are my opinions :
Option 1 : yes, I like it because it's simple and I have nothing to do.
Option 2 : no, option 1 is much simpler, and doesn't require any user-interface commands.
Option 3 : definitely yes since the nuisance is -for me - essentially visual (and technically it's a piece of cake)
Option 4 : no, I feel it's not a "clean" solution, even if I can't clearly explain why ...
To make a long story short, I would be very happy with options 1 and 3. I hope it can be done. Depends on what others will say though !

DeletedUser136

I think I prefer option #3 or #4.

I do like option #1... but if there is no coin icon that means we cant collect until the building has finished, and for me that would mean coins only once every 12 hours.