• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Forum update

Karvest

Are the privacy settings working? I have mine set to not show my activity or my online status. Previously, I was able to tell that I was in the forum but hidden. Now it appears that I am not hidden.

(It also looks like the notice that a post has been edited is no longer present.)
I don't see you in user list, so I guess privacy settings are working.
also checked the notice on edit - it is shown if some significant time elapsed between post and correction (5 minutes, probably).

Last edited:

PrimroseSylvia

I can't enlarge an image simply clicking on it like in older forum version, is it disabled? I was looking for the latest bug report and image is too small...

Avenahar

I like the layout which gives a good overview but actually it is not so different from the version before. The menu on the top of the site is very comfortable.
Unfortunately it is very hard to read the content of the forum in the new version.
I started in this frame with that:

2019-10-29 20_17_13-Discussion - Forum update _ Page 2 _ Elvenar Beta Forum.png

Do I need new glasses or is it simply unreadable?

I also have difficulties with that:

2019-10-29 20_15_10-Elvenar Beta Forum.png

With the nose touching my screen, I have an idea about what is standing there.

In general the small fonts are too small and the contrast is too low.

When I zoom up to 125% I have a chance to check the site for interesting news. At 100% I have to make a close look at every line.

New fonts looks as bad as fonts in html5 version of the game compared to flash one, which is the main reason I'm still using flash...

Same for me, I also don't like the html5 version due to the fonts (and some other reasons) and lots of players were already complaining in their feedback but now it continues here in the forum - are the developpers using a screenreader while testing?

P.S.: I was using Arial 15 and chose the textcolour Black for writing this. The default settings were not acceptable for me

Last edited:

Karvest

Created a simple css that brings back old fonts, message colors, almost square avatars, make labels less bright and slightly adjust quoted text size to be at least readable.
Can be imported in stylus chrome extension or added to userContent.css in firefox.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 81190

Created a simple css that brings back old fonts, message colors, almost square avatars, make labels less bright and slightly adjust quoted text size to be at least readable.
Can be imported in stylus chrome extension or added to userContent.css in firefox.
Nice! Not everything is adjusted (e.g. signatures, likes etc), but the main message body is much more readable.

Alcaro

The quoted text is way too small. Also the differences between the main frame color of the message and the quote is almost inexistent. Just a green line on a side is not quite sufficient.

EDIT - looking at all forum, the headers are also very verrrry small!!!! Why all fonts have to be so small? Do you think that all players here are in their 20s?

I keep editing this post - omg! What have you done with the emoticons? Where's the green grin guy, the pink-ish ... I really don't like the new emoticons.
Next - I don't find the previous arrow to return to the top of the page. If it's there must be really small. If it's not, please, put it back. :D
Next - I started a new comment, just to see what new features you added. Now I can't discard it. I even closed the thread, went to main page, came back - it's still here! A Discard option would be good, in case u change ur mind and don't want to post anymore. I found Delete Draft but it doesn't seem to work. The table and what I typed in it, is still there. Small EDIT to this - I had to reload the page several times to get rid of the draft. Pheeww.

Last edited:

PrimroseSylvia

I don't find the previous arrow to return to the top of the page. If it's there must be really small. If it's not, please, put it back.
It exists, but is really small and doesn't appeare immediately as you scroll the page
duVILS2.png

Last edited:

palmira

Okay, now on the big desktop screen I can read the forum :) on my 13.3'' laptop it was basically unreadable. So I think you guys optimized the skin for desktops and forgot the laptops ( I won't even try on my phone even though is a big phone...)

iDavis

For those with small screen - doesn't CTRL + scrolling on mouse help? It should change zoom of the website and probably text as well (not able to check it myself right now)..

UlyssesBlue

I am also having issues with the small font size and contrast on Firefox, as others have reported.

Unrelated: just testing out a few features below. Feel free to ignore.
This is an inline test of :) and :coin: to show relative sizes.
test test test
Test of an inline spoiler more test goes here.
This is what a link looks like.
Header A0Header B0
Table cell A1B1
A2B2

Lelanya

Welcome over to Beta @ Muf-Muf. I have to say it's not too bad on mobile but the desktop version is too small! Agree with the others about emojis too, blech!

sunrae

I am on laptop and the font is way too small, otherwise changes look good. Please give us a bigger font both here and in game (i use HTML5)

Avenahar

The little arrow on the right side of the site to go back to the top of the site appears only, if I scroll a little bit upwards and then it stays visible for 3 seconds. Why can't there be a permanent arrow? This one has the character of a tooltipp but I would prefer a button!