• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Forum Alerts

DeletedUser205

What I expect: to get an alert if somebody posts after me in a thread, where "watch this thread" is checked

What happens: It works about only 7:3 from 10 (means: not always)

You will always receive an alert when you are watching the thread, but you won't receive an alert for every new post. You will receive an alert if there are new posts in a watched thread, but, as the alert also states: "There may be more posts after this." :)

I have not experienced any problems with this at all so far (for me it works 10/10). Is anybody else having issues with this as well?

DeletedUser205

I meant this: there is sometimes a post after mine (maybe an answer) but I don't get alert

b.t.w. I thought "there may be more posts after this" means "this alert alerts als those posts now" and after I had read those posts will get a new alert, if there are new unread posts.
Is it so, that I have to post again to get a new alert for next posts??

No, you don't have to post again to receive new alerts. If you read the unread posts, you should get a new alert for any new post.

DeletedUser205

ok, than my first posting is correct reported - that doesn't work always well,
Therefore I started additinally to check all threads manuelly that I don't miss postings
(and of course keep an eye always on the checked "watch thread".

Edit saturday morning:
Examples I found this morning:

I didn't get alerts for thread "fellowships coming beta" in general discussions since thursday morning (that are all posts of page 7 since to now; I found it in "new posts"). Although I was involved in discussion on wednesday.
-- after I read the posts from page 7 I just got an alert after alexander1972 new post (about 7:41)
Example that it works sometimes bud not always.

Also I don't get always an alert from "humans vs elves" in lounge (what is easy to watch, because that thread is mostly the first one and therefore nearly always seen on the "forum page". (that is a minor important thread but maybe easy to observe for you to confirm)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser205

not always. and these threads are only examples from today morning. This problem is spread over all threads and since longer time.

Alright, thanks sorella.

Is anyone else having these problems, though? So far, we have not been able to reproduce them at all.

As we have not received any other reports on this, and cannot reproduce this ourselves, we will be archiving this thread.