• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Formula battle difficulty

Droopy

There was somewhere a formula (minmax v5) where the number of AW levels and number of expansions is involved in the difficulty when fighting.

Now i've compare the goods for negotiating and fighting numbers before placing 2 expansions and afterwards, but i could not see any difference?
Is this only taken into account when a new tournament starts or can some shed some light on this?

seems i cannot correct my typo mistake in the title...

Thank you,
Droopy

Enevhar Aldarion

Right, your squad size for fighting, and costs for catering, and locked at the beginning of Spire and tournament. Nothing you do will change them until the next one starts. And even then, you are only changing your costs, not the actual difficulty of a fight. The difficulty is the percent difference between your squad size and the enemy squad size and those never change. A chapter 1 city and a chapter 15 city get the exact same difference in every province.

Bor de Wolf 1965

You are right, you get the same squad size but unlocking a new chapter or playing in that chapter for 2 or 3 weeks will make a difference in the end.
I know for I unlocked chapter 5 just before the spire and the first 2 doors were 1 star battles but door 3 and 4 gave me 2 star ghosts while I didn't have all the 2 star soldiers unlocked, so my troops were eaten.
The only thing I can do now would be playing master mind and hope I get lucky enough to get the right combo fast.

Droopy

Right, your squad size for fighting, and costs for catering, and locked at the beginning of Spire and tournament. Nothing you do will change them until the next one starts. And even then, you are only changing your costs, not the actual difficulty of a fight. The difficulty is the percent difference between your squad size and the enemy squad size and those never change. A chapter 1 city and a chapter 15 city get the exact same difference in every province.
Difficulty in fighting was may be the wrong term, but i expected higher costs and higher squad size at the same province and round.

Thank you all for the answers and will compare the tournament squad size next week with this week.

edeba

Difficulty in fighting was may be the wrong term, but i expected higher costs and higher squad size at the same province and round.

Thank you all for the answers and will compare the tournament squad size next week with this week.
And the formula is off now because it was changed some with the introduction of chapter 19.

Avocado

here is the formula, if anyone does not know it yet. I tested it with my city in chap10 and it works perfectly. What I plan to do, but did not find the time yet, is to compare how much tournament/spire penalty a new wonder on level 11 with cost me compared to the advantage in fighting or goods it gives me. Thinking of building the bell spire and the maze.

Did anyone of you ever try calculations like that to decide, whether one looses or wins by building another wonder up to level 11? (They tend to be worth their space only from level 11 upwards). With the new runeshard donation system it has become much easier, to build wonders.

Lovec Krys

I have stopped caring about that.
I have been fighting both Spire & tournament for some time (try negotiating Spire with seeds when you need to produce unurium, or with mana when you needs milions for other chapter-related things, and i no longer care about orc costs with 16 armories (and 10 milion orcs in stock) in my main city).
Sometimes when there is no mana, i negotiate some tournament encounters to save troops.
If tournament becomes too expensive, i simply drop another one or two provinces (currently doing 30-31 usualy) and go under 8k score (i was doing over 10k in all tournaments before the new formula).
Of course i have enough resources to do full province tourney to get to somewhere about 20k, but i prefer to do my sustainable score.