• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

User Interface Flat view

DeletedUser

Hello you all. Placing a new building is difficult. Moving a building (quite a frequent activity) is difficult. Building or moving a piece of street is difficult. Those things are difficult because of existing buildings, they are annoying, their height empeach to see where the free space exactly is. Developpers were aware of that, and allowed for some transparency, but it's not enough for me, hence my proposal.
I suggest that building or moving radically change the city view : no more 3D but just colored footprints of the buildings base surface instead. Streets would be shown as usual, since they are already flat. Colors would permit to differentiate between residences, manufactories, and others. I think that this kind of temporary 2D view would be a great enhancement in terms of ergonomy. What do you think ?

DeletedUser503

I will agree street placement can be quite tricky if you are over-laying a better type
on a lesser type of road that was already in existence, perhaps built when the view of
the area was clear and new. There is also the occasional problem in this vein , with clicking on a building
next to those busy bushy plank-making trees, lol. But I have resolved this
by careful arrangement. I love the graphics and the fact that they are animated,
so I will work around the little annoyances. Dang, does everything have to
be perfect and easy? Not for me .

DeletedUser

I am sorry, but I like how it is. You know how it will look like when you move it.

DeletedUser

Then the view should stay the same since there are people who like it the way it is. All I can suggest now is a toggle button to turn buildings into flat rectangles. By default, if you don't use the button, the view is the same. This way, it should please all kind of players.
(I forgot to mention I used to be a Simcity addict, where this feature existed. :))

DeletedUser580

I know a different game in which you could make single buildings visible during "building mode". So not all of them. All you then could see was the a plain ground from that building. That was pretty helpful. so we need something to hide the skin of a building. that would be solve the problem.