• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Flash ends. What happens next?

• Thread starter Deleted User - 81672
  • Start date

Deleted User - 81672

Since support for Flash will end on 31 December, will this mean we all have to switch to HTML5?

Also, why does Flash ends?

Enevhar Aldarion

Because the company that makes Flash is ending it, so all websites and all browsers have to change. Many browser games that are Flash-only will be ending.

Pauly7

The worrying thing is that we haven't seen any signs of Inno trying to improve their HTML5 game for years. I would have thought there would be a push on this in the latter half of 2020. It must be possible to iron out the glitches and performance issues.

Pauly7

@Pauly7 Well, while HTML5 version could be improved it is certainly playable - I've been running Elvenar on HTML5 only for around 1-2 years.
It's playable, sure, but clearly inferior to the Flash version and it's stagnated that way for a couple of years. There are some really annoying things about it which should be easily corrected, but they haven't seem to have had an interest in improving it.

That being said, it's been a couple of months since I've been on HTML5, so maybe I'll be proved wrong(?)

Enevhar Aldarion

It's playable, sure, but clearly inferior to the Flash version and it's stagnated that way for a couple of years. There are some really annoying things about it which should be easily corrected, but they haven't seem to have had an interest in improving it.

That being said, it's been a couple of months since I've been on HTML5, so maybe I'll be proved wrong(?)

Sounds more like your system than Flash being better than HTML5. For me, in both Chrome and Firefox, HTML5 plays more smoothly and loads more quickly than Flash. I hate using Flash for this game and am glad to see it go. And I have been using HTML5 for well over a year now.

As for when the Flash version will be shut down for good, hopefully @Marindor or @Muf-Muf have the answer to that.

Deleted User - 81672

I guess then I will be playing Elvenar till the end of this year , since on HTML5 the game works in slow-motion.

CrazyWizard

Since support for Flash will end on 31 December, will this mean we all have to switch to HTML5?

Also, why does Flash ends?

Flash support has ended for a while, this means that it gets no longer new security updates, even while it's riddles with security issues.
from 1 january onwards all browsers will block flash permanently (they already block it but you can override it atm)

Since all browsers will stop supporting it, we all have to switch to HTML5.

I'm playing on HTML5 since september 2018, and really don't understand what "slow-motion" you are talking about. I've find it more playable than on Flash Player.
HTML5 has more memory leakage making it slower and slower as you play, this was extremly prominent in the tournaments where you needed to reset your browser every 5 or so provinces (5*6*4=120 battles)
It became so slow that closing the browser, opening a new one, loading the game again gave so much time advantage it was actually worth it.

If you ignore the tournaments, you would not notice it at all.

Pauly7

If you ignore the tournaments, you would not notice it at all.
There are also other issues. Other than the speed it seems much more prone to errors and glitches, but it's also the little things... such as copy/pasting being all weird in HTML5. If you paste text into a message then it adds a lot of blank lines that need to be deleted.

CrazyWizard

There are also other issues. Other than the speed it seems much more prone to errors and glitches, but it's also the little things... such as copy/pasting being all weird in HTML5. If you paste text into a message then it adds a lot of blank lines that need to be deleted.

The copy paste issue has been solved a little while back,

If there are other issues still lingering, then pester your CM about them.
The developers need to know the issues before they can solve it, as long as they stay in limbo (aka anywhere between CM and dev team) they will not be fixed.

I am not sure which CM it was, but he/she had this issue solved pretty quickly when he she picked it up, while it was annoying people for quite a while and I am sure reported. problem was it was staying there in limbo.

Pauly7

The copy paste issue has been solved a little while back,

If there are other issues still lingering, then pester your CM about them.
The developers need to know the issues before they can solve it, as long as they stay in limbo (aka anywhere between CM and dev team) they will not be fixed.

I am not sure which CM it was, but he/she had this issue solved pretty quickly when he she picked it up, while it was annoying people for quite a while and I am sure reported. problem was it was staying there in limbo.
That's good to know. Like I say, I haven't looked at HTML5 in the last couple of months. That particular one was something I banged on about lots of times in the EN forum though, and nothing happened.

CrazyWizard

That's good to know. Like I say, I haven't looked at HTML5 in the last couple of months. That particular one was something I banged on about lots of times in the EN forum though, and nothing happened.

As said, keep bugging your CM, I often get the feeling some of the issues keep in limbo, otherwise I can hardly explain that when a CM pushes for something how ofter sometimes gets fixed on an insanely fast pace unless it's a coincedence.

Deleted User - 86059

We are lucky here in Beta, our CM is top notch at getting things sorted, so anything we put forward gets fixed ASAP.
Also EN CM (who we borrow sometimes) is also very quick at getting things sorted for us so we really are spoilt here at Beta.
As to tournament issue, I do a lot of tournaments here and I do not find any issue with HTML, maybe if you have a serious issue with this it might be an idea to do a bug report and let our excellent team look into the issue for you and see if it is HTML related or maybe your system

karld

Does anyone else experience the issue under HTML5 where the Elvenar browser window goes black for a brief moment. It happens sporadically and it's kind of annoying. It happens under Firefox. I'm not sure about other browsers.