• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Flash ends. What happens next?

• Thread starter Deleted User - 81672
  • Start date

CrazyWizard

Hmm someone else told the same last week under firefox, there are no issues on chromium browsers, at least I havent seen or heared about it.

Deleted User - 81672

@Marindor What happens if we don't switch to HTML5 on till december 31, will we be locked out of the game?

CrazyWizard

@Marindor What happens if we don't switch to HTML5 on till december 31, will we be locked out of the game?
Each time you try to login under flash you get a popup to switch to HTML5
You can always switch to HTML5. or you can contact support and they will activate it for you.

It are the browsers that will block flash, and if elvenar blocks flash they will do the same as they did with hardware acceleration. they just force it "on" for everyone.

salandrine

My problem with HTML5 ist the delay in time. very often I reopen a tab, time is still the same as it was I left this tab. Then time is accelarated, but it takes often more than a minute to get the right time. And very often spending books from the booktable above, there is a pop up which says, I dont have enough books to spend. But they are already shown in the booktable.

So I have to relog the game to get all stuffs right in time.

I dont like that.

CrazyWizard

My problem with HTML5 ist the delay in time. very often I reopen a tab, time is still the same as it was I left this tab. Then time is accelarated, but it takes often more than a minute to get the right time. And very often spending books from the booktable above, there is a pop up which says, I dont have enough books to spend. But they are already shown in the booktable.

So I have to relog the game to get all stuffs right in time.

I dont like that.

when you go to another tab, the game is paused.
There is no reason for innogame to pay for data if you do not use it.

HTML offered the makers a option to reduce costs by toggeling the "pause" option once you are not active using the tab on which the game is running.
So this is working as intended.

You might not like it, but it makes total sense.

salandrine

when you go to another tab, the game is paused.
There is no reason for innogame to pay for data if you do not use it.

HTML offered the makers a option to reduce costs by toggeling the "pause" option once you are not active using the tab on which the game is running.
So this is working as intended.

You might not like it, but it makes total sense.
Maybe it makes sense für Inno, but it doesnt make sense for me, because I am switching into the tab, there seems to be 1 1/2 h left to next collection, and then it is counting down to "actual" time. And this countdown takes sometimes about 2 minutes and is only working as long as I am in this tab. So it is a wrong information (lasting time to collect next production i.e.) and also a wasting of time of waiting. I really do not know at this moment, if it makes sense to wait, cause I do not know, if there is a remaining time to collect or the collection is overdue.

iDavis

@salandrine for me (on firefox) it sometimes helps to click around the city and keep opening and closing few buildings with timers, that usually helps to skip around 0.5-1 of such a minute per each click.

Lovec Krys

Or if you were on other tab(s) for too long, it might be faster to just reload (I get often disconnected in that case anyway). And there is always a possibility to have Elvenar in a separate window.

Karvest

Flash version asked for reload way earlier than html5 lost sync too much, and I'm happy that html5 doesn't force me to reload every time a switch back.

Pauly7

Reloading the Flash game was probably faster than waiting for HTML5 to get itself into gear and re-sync. For me it was less annoying too, because I know I just have to wait for it to reload. On HTML I find myself hovering for a minute wondering whether it's OK to proceed now. Often as not I just reload it anyway.

Karvest

If you are too desynced, you can press reload button right after switching back to the game, but you are not forced to do it, and I like it.

chris0707070707

HTML5 has more memory leakage making it slower and slower as you play, this was extremly prominent in the tournaments where you needed to reset your browser every 5 or so provinces (5*6*4=120 battles)
It became so slow that closing the browser, opening a new one, loading the game again gave so much time advantage it was actually worth it.

As to tournament issue, I do a lot of tournaments here and I do not find any issue with HTML, maybe if you have a serious issue with this it might be an idea to do a bug report and let our excellent team look into the issue for you and see if it is HTML related or maybe your system
The problem has been known for ages as far as the browser version is concerned. About a year ago we run very extensive comparison tests on our live servers and we managed to figure out what the problem was. @CrazyWizard is right about memory leaks making the game slower and slower as you progress through tournament provinces, but only relatively small group of very advanced players was/is able to reproduce it.

Our conclusions:
That game behavior is directly related to the total number of players provinces. The game chapter, your browser, internet connection and so on have no impact on it. Total number of conquered provinces is the only factor that matters, this has been confirmed by many players who had the opportunity to run direct comparison tests in 2-3 different cities on 2-3 different servers, me included.

Further observations:
- up to 400 provinces
The player is able to complete as many tournament fights/provinces in a row as he wants without any significant performance issues. Relogs and reloads are not necessary. The game (I mean tournament) runs pretty smoothly.

- 400-550 provinces
The player is able to complete even 500 battles in a row. After 100 battles (this value may vary from player to player) there are some small, but noticeable delays though. Relogs and reloads are not necessary.

- 550-650 provinces
In that range performance issues become visible and disturbing.

- 650-750
Players who have at about 750 provinces have to reload the game every 60-80 battles.

- 750-850 provinces
Heavy delays and performance issues after completing 2-3 provinces. You have to reload the game after few provinces. If you don't and decide to waste your time waiting for the game to response, at some point the browser just crashes.

- 850 provinces and more
Tournaments become nearly unplayable in the browser version. I have at about 850 provinces in my live city and after 15-20 battles a relog is a necessity. If I visit another city (the same PC, the same browser and internet connection) with at about 500 provinces I don't have any performance issues except for hardly noticeable, very short delays.

As to tournament issue, I do a lot of tournaments here and I do not find any issue with HTML
The point is, you can have a chapter XVII city (with, let's say, 500 provinces) and no performance issues whatsoever, but you will have massive tournament performance issues in a chapter XIII city with 700 provinces. That's why many players can not reproduce the problem.
Anyway, this problem has been reported on PL forum many months ago. The devs were working on the whole package of tournament changes at that time and were about to rework many elements of tournaments anyway, so there was no point to work on that particular matter separately. At least that was the official answer :)

Sadly, it didn't get better, there still is an obvious direct correlation between the total number of provinces and tournament performance issues, but it lost it's importance due to reduced number of battles. It's still disturbing for some tournament players, it's still pretty annoying, but it's not such a game breaker as it used to be with 4x as many battles.

Last edited:

Wowwie

if your html 5 is in slow mode Inno games requires Hardware acceleration,if it is turned on in the browsers
or not turn on in the browser mean you are not able to load the game(your graphic card is out of date(update driver)or to old)
as for flash is not being supported there is no word on the last version being dropped
it just will not be updated
and the Browsers are opting out of supporting Flash and the browsers Google etc are discontinuing Flash (because of vulnerabilities of flash)
and security issues
no some browsers are still allowing flash on windows 7 and older macs
Mac has a work around with Mac Developer allows you to run an older version of google that runs html 5 right from the safari browser
Firefox is working developer version being tested

Karvest

Seems flash client is finally dead. It stops loading at 14/28 since today's update and doubt they would fix it...=(

Wowwie

I am using a program that help s my old browers use khtml on my flash based old safari that can not be upgraded to html5 (but i like it for all the old flash games ) and I can still program using flash (just there is not updates to it or support)
i still have flash I can run all the flash old programs which I like.
I use an older version of google that carry khtml
so far all works fine