• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fellowships Fix "Join A Fellowship" for new players

Jillysilly

I am in charge of recruiting for two different top 10 fellowships in live worlds and it drives me nuts when the aspirants list fills up with new players. Why are brand new players who select "Join A Fellowship" directed to the top of the list? A person with a 2-day old city can not be of any help with trades to the top-ranked fellowships. They are too novice to know that they need to play with players closer to their own size for trading and other purposes. This should be fixed so that new players are directed to fellowships with other players closer to their size! What happens when that new player signed up for 20 fellowships and gets rejected by them all? They are likely to get frustrated and quit playing!

UlyssesBlue

Perhaps a better option would be for fellowships to be able to add restrictions on applicants, which are hard coded, and these would act to filter out players. Those who don't meet the requirements wouldn't be able to apply, in much the same way as fellowships that are full don't have an 'apply' button shown.

So for example, say you only want players with a score above 10k, and are at least in the dwarfs chapter. Mages and arch-mages would be able to adjust some fellowship settings which have options like "minimum applicant score", "minimum applicant chapter", etc. You enable the ones you want to use, and set them to the desired level, then after that all players who don't meet those requirements simply wouldn't find an 'apply' button on your fellowship overview page. Or perhaps it would be greyed out, and clicking on it would bring up the list of requirements so they can see how far off they are.

*edit* I've expanded on this and made a separate suggestion for it: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...r-controls-for-fellowship-applications.15598/

Last edited:

edeba

Fixing this doesn't need to be too complicated, just a minimum chapter setting is all that would be needed. The other problem is that you can't even tell anything about them until you visit them. It is better that they don't apply at all, but even a scroll over that gives chapter, score and boosts would be great. It would at least save a visit...

TomatoeHu

Inno should ask fellowships to choose a category from a drop down in the Edit area of the fellowship information where fellowships can categorize if they are a casual, tournament, spire or both group.

Enevhar Aldarion

The fellowship I am in on Live has no one under 100k for the score, and the little Intro text lists our requirements, yet we still get these random baby cities requesting membership. I have come to the conclusion that they are all app players and not browser players, because the app shows so much less info to the requesting player. I think the app also automatically generates a list of 25 fellowships for an app players to apply to, and the player has no info on any of the fellowships on that list. So they just send out requests blindly.

Marindor

This is a subject that already has our attention, so I'll archive this thread now, but that doesn't mean we're not working on improvements in this area.