• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate Finished building doesn't complete

DeletedUser

My residence's upgrade is complete according to the building time but remains in scaffoldings:

2.jpg

Have to reload the see it completed.

BTW. This is not a HTML5 bug since it happens with Flash as well.

Game version: v1.59-(f0d151529)-(master) (2018-07-04 20:08)
HTML5: Yes
Game world: zz1
Browser + version: Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Flash Player version: -
Operating System: W7 x64 Enterprise
Screen resolution: 1920x1200
Account name: Lady Ivy
Humans or Elves:
Human

Karvest

Seen it again today on flash version while upgrading buildings up to lvl 5 for event, no clue how to trigger it, happened only once but with all 4 buildings being upgraded (planks lvl4->5).

DeletedUser

Seen it again today on flash version while upgrading buildings up to lvl 5 for event, no clue how to trigger it, happened only once but with all 4 buildings being upgraded (planks lvl4->5).
With my first account (Elves) upgrading planks from level 5 to 6 > 7 > 8 > ... > 14 this happened also.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arayla

I had this happen today while upgrading a plank from level 3 to 4. I'm on Safari.

DeletedUser1986

Hm, I recall this issue with spells and army being ready to collect but still showing 0s and not finished. Let me see if I can find it.

DeletedUser

Well, as you can see from my first screenshot the time stays at 0s and the upgrade doesn't finish, so that part is the same.

It might finished if you wait another minute but I'm not really sure about that part. Thought that this happened once but haven't been able to test that really since upgrades above level 10 seems to finish normal. If so it might be just a timing out of sync issue. Will try to test.... > Tested this, residence upgrade to level 7 stuck at 0s, waited another minute, nothing happens. Opened notifications like Karvest suggested and yes, upgrade completes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karvest

As I've said here, any user action that trigger server request resolve that, so it's definitely timing issue. Most likely client-side timer hits 0s too early, client requests state from server, get info that building is still upgrading and stuck at this point until server-side timer finished and next server request issued after that.

DeletedUser283

had same issue today while upgrading planks manufactories for the "upgrade 4 to lvl 5" quest
indeed, opening notifications does complete the upgrade and free the builder

DeletedUser2497

I had the same issue too.
Never mind if I built new building or upgraded. When I built more building at the same time, the last building doesnt complete. I tried planks, steel, marble with same result. When I jump to research and back then will be OK. (Beta/ Flash version / Chrome)

DeletedUser1986

Sorry guys, I'm on it but it's not easy to repro as it doesn't happen consistently and I don't have exact repro steps :(

maxiqbert

Sorry guys, I'm on it but it's not easy to repro as it doesn't happen consistently and I don't have exact repro steps :(
it happens consistently for me :
reproduction steps : launch an improvement, wait for the end. It hits 0, wait, nothing happens, move the building around, (has it something to do with the end of it, I don't know, probably waiting would do the same), hey it's finished.
I run my game on
windows XP,
firefox 52.9.0,
elvenar is v1.59-(cd8857569)-(master) (2018-07-16 10:09)

note that it happens with production too, even short ones

Karvest

the root of this problem is https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/clientside-timers-are-faster-then-serverside.11062/
When timers are too fast, any production/building/etc finishes earlier than on server, and then stay with 0 timer left. If devs slow down timers - that bug goes away, but then players start wasting their production time for nothing and forced to reload game quite often.
If there is no way to use accurate timers (like storing UTC timestamp of production/building complete and showing difference between this timestamp and current datetime (synced with server to workaround bad user settings), with only one timer for game refresh, which can be inaccurate without any issues) - proper fix should be a bit faster timer with callback from server on hitting "0", resetting timer to correct value. + some periodic refresh all timers response attached to any valid request.