• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fellowships [Fellowships] Make it easier to match players and fellowships

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser1767

Summary: To create an interface that would make it easier to match players and fellowships together than it is at present. Think of it as OKCupid, but for trading partners.

Description: There are two sides to the idea, the player side and the fellowship side. The implementation of each would be slightly different, but the basic idea is the same: players can click a tab in the Fellowship box showing all the fellowships looking for players of their description, and fellowship members of a certain rank (mage? ambassador?) can click a similar tab showing all active players fitting their needs.

The players' side would be simple, because the game already has most of the necessary information about them: their boosts, their score, their level. All they'd need to do would be tick a box indicating that they want to be included in fellowship search results and then choose from a drop-down menu the level of activity they're looking for (mostly daily players, occasional players, and so on). Now they're included in the lists of players seeking fellowship. Players can also see a list of all the recruiting fellowships looking for players like them, so they can check out the fellowships' descriptions and send applications directly from the screen to any that look like a good home for them.

The fellowship side would require a few more choices, and probably only the Archmage should be allowed to see that tab? Anyway, they would check boxes indicating which boosts they are looking for, a minimum score (could be left blank) and minimum chapter level, and an indication of the level of commitment mandated by the fellowship. Boosts would be listed by tier, with four choices, one being an "all" option. So, if your fellowship is desperately in need of steel, drowning in silk, and pretty well-balanced in Tier III goods, your Archmage would tick "steel" for Tier I, "crystal" and "scrolls" for Tier II, and "any" for Tier III.

Upon entering this information, they would see a list of all players meeting their specification who have logged in within the last (say) three days. They can then check out the players' cities and/or send these players invitations straight from the search results.

I think players should have access to fellowships seeking people of their description even if they're already in a fellowship, but only unaffiliated players should actually be listed in search results. People looking to change fellowships would have to message prospective new fellowships the way they do now, but finding fellowships to message would be easier.

Also, the game should draw attention to the Fellowship feature as soon as the player unlocks the Trader. 'These are your trading partners! But you're going to want more trading partners than this. You should join a fellowship! Or start your own and start recruiting other people!' kind of thing. Experienced players know that they need to get into a fellowship asap, but I don't think the game sufficiently stresses the importance for inexperienced players.

Motivation: At the moment, trying to find a fellowship and trying to find new players for your fellowship is time-consuming, difficult, often frustrating, and something of a craps shoot, often leaving people with difficulty getting the goods they need. This idea is intended to make it easier for players and fellowships to find each other. This is especially important given that the new changes to the wholesaler make finding a good fellowship that much more important for new cities.

Drawbacks: It would require some time to code.

SoggyShorts

Excellent idea! Filling a FS is indeed difficult, I still have a player that hasn't logged in in over a month because it's too much work to replace them.

DeletedUser1596

I live happily in a fellowship from the beginning of our live server, so I have no need for this at all, but if enough people find this helpful, you'll have my vote.

Marindor

Unfortunately this idea didn't get the minimum of 20 votes. This means it will now be archived :)