• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Fellowships Fellowships - Leadership auto group messaging.

Are you in favor of this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Veeb

Summary
Create a button/possibility to send a group message to all Mages + Archmage of a Fellowship at once.

Description
I wish for there to be a message leaders icon ideally in the fellowship list and definitely in the guild information page. This would auto complete the to section in the messages window with 'Fellowship leadership' This would auto change with any leadership changes.

Motivation
This would make it easier for inter-fellowship communication. Prospective players can easily communicate with the fellowship. I would suggest Archmages or Mages of the same fellowship will be auto-messaged on a joint thread.

Possible downsides
Might lead to a lot of unwanted messages for the Mages, but this could be resolved with e.g. an opt-out button.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karvest

A simpler solution - allow normal copy-paste in fellowship description window like it done in chat and mail. Then any FS can add note like
for application mail to: archmage, mage1, mage2, recruiter, etc
which can be easily copy-pasted into mail message.

Marindor

Hi guys,

In the current setup, you can write which person to send a message for which purpose. A button like that would send the message to all the leaders, so if you have 10 Mages in your FS, they would all get this message, instead of just the one who is responsible for that subject. This would mean a possibility to a lot of extra spam in your mail boxes. How do you feel about that?

Deleted User - 60107

Hi guys,

In the current setup, you can write which person to send a message for which purpose. A button like that would send the message to all the leaders, so if you have 10 Mages in your FS, they would all get this message, instead of just the one who is responsible for that subject. This would mean a possibility to a lot of extra spam in your mail boxes. How do you feel about that?
I feel that you are imagining problems that do not exist. The suggestion is for an ADDITION to the current setup; it's NOT to replace the current setup. In other words:
- if you want to message only a particular leader - you will do it the same way as now
- if you want to message all leaders, it will be much easier to do so

If you are that worried about the potential spam, then you can:
- add the option for the Archmage to disable the button
and/or
- add the option for each Mage to opt out of receiving the messages

maxiqbert

I don't think the option would lead to spamming
also, I don't think there should be 10 mages in any FS o_O

UlyssesBlue

I don't think this will result in a significant increase in mail by any measure. There's very little to start with. Any increase in 'spam' (which is frankly an absurd way to characterise important mails such as this) would be more than outweighed by the benefits of this system, which would guarantee anyone trying to contact the fellowship would always contact a member of the leadership who is active, and it would likely be answered quicker, as it would reach the first leadership member who came online. If a fellowship is structured such than only some leaders are responsible for recruiting decisions, then the additional mages who get the message can just ignore it. There is literally no down side to this.

If you really thought it would be possible for situations where it would be undesirable for some members of the leadership to be receiving mails like this, then making the mailing list customisable would solve this completely. Just place a "message fellowship" button on the fellowship description page, and in the fellowship settings the archmage/mages could set up the mailing list that would be contacted when pressing this button. There could be a few multiple choice tick boxes for "archmage only", or "all mages and archmage" or "all mages, ambassadors and archmage" or they could individually select certain members. The default setting could be just the archmage.

Marindor

This idea unfortunately didn't get the minimum amount of votes. Therefore I'll now archive it. :)